• Saul_Iscariot 11 Mar 2016 14:15:24 3,074 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Manics in Leeds on May 20th.
  • ControlledChaos 11 Mar 2016 15:01:13 462 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Has Brian def said he's not doing it then? I heard the warnings, but not the response...

Edit: Ah, yes. Gutted
    The next 10 American shows are being rescheduled, then they have a month off before the European leg which are still on as dated however they've said the rescheduled American shows will "likely feature a guest vocalist" which doesn't bode well for Brian being able to perform in Europe presumably sooner than those ones, nothing has been said about if the condition is permanant or recoverable given time
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Mar 2016 15:09:32 24,165 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Chris Cornell next April, taking my daughter :) cant wait.
    Start counting down Duffman!

/has tickets for April 10
    /Currently listening to whatever youtube spits out after searching 'Chris Cornell'
    :)
    Cornell is god etc, I keep telling my daughter I'm going to throw my t-shirt/pants at him to sign...she is not impressed.
  • Dougs 24 Mar 2016 23:17:50 88,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Axl? God, no. Disastrous idea imo
  • Trafford 25 Mar 2016 07:13:35 8,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Wedding Present at the Lowry in September.
    30th anniversary tour. I said I wasn't gonna spend any money last night dammit!
  • Vortex808 25 Mar 2016 21:57:21 13,069 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd wish I was going to see the Wedding Present instead of what my next gig is.

My wife's dragging me to see Adele.

I guess it's karma/revenge for all the shit she didn't  like such as Neil Young, Morrissey and especially Mogwai that I've dragged her to over the years.

She'll never forgive me for Mogwai. I've never seen someone try to stuff multiple sets of earplugs in before.

Might have to try that for adele.

:)
  • Saul_Iscariot 25 Mar 2016 22:30:43 3,074 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've seen Neil Young, Morrissey and Mogwai amongst others, never seen Adele. But I like a few of her songs, and she has a nice voice for some one that speaks like a fish wife. Keep an open mind.

I took my daughter to see Cleopatra, The Spice Girls, Sugababes, Big Brovaz and a few others when she was younger. I was happier, to a lesser a degree, when got into the Kaiser Chiefs.
  • ControlledChaos 29 Mar 2016 11:36:51 462 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Babymetal at Wembley on Saturday :D
  • Salaman 6 Apr 2016 15:45:22 23,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

I'm off to see Chris this coming Sunday.
    /crosses off days
  • Trafford 7 Apr 2016 07:22:37 8,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ClemFandango wrote:
    Primal scream last weekend,
    ah yeah, I forgot about that, and I had my kids round. How was it?

I'm going to the Dancehouse theatre next Friday to see that play about Joy Division, New Dawn Fades. It's been around a while with great reviews, can't wait :)
  • Salaman 9 Apr 2016 20:24:40 23,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Damn, Chris Cornell's concert tomorrow has been canceled. He has a cold or the flu and can't travel.
  • DUFFMAN5 9 Apr 2016 20:28:01 24,165 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Damn, Chris Cornell's concert tomorrow has been canceled. He has a cold or the flu and can't travel.
    Oh no. What fecking bad luck mate :(
  • Salaman 10 Apr 2016 09:47:15 23,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Didn't you have tickets to see him on this tour as well? It might be a blessing in disguise. I only realised on Friday that he has a new album out since last September.

Listened to it Friday and Saturday but it'd be nice to hear him after I'm more familiar with it.

I just hope the rescheduled date will work for us.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Apr 2016 09:58:34 24,165 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Salaman mine is the end of the month, 're new album, for shame ;)
    I have had since day one of course.

Have you be given a new date. Hopefully his cold was not linked to poor ticket sales!

Lindsey Buckingham was due to play at Soton a couple of years back. I would have LOVED to see that. Seem him with Mac several times but never solo, anyway he postponed due to one of the band spraining a wrist...my wife said it was because only me and my mate had bought tickets!!!!!:)
  • jimnastics 10 Apr 2016 11:59:36 1,546 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seeing Cornell at the Royal Albert Hall on May 3rd, can not wait... saw him solo in 2012 at The Palladium which was completely amazing. I'd be surprised if it was down to poor ticket sales Duff, can't believe he's struggling to fill smallish venues in Europe, he's sold out the Royal Albert Hall which is 5000 capacity. Sorry to hear that though Salaman, hopefully he can get it rearranged this tour.
  • Salaman 18 Apr 2016 12:52:46 23,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    Seeing Cornell at the Royal Albert Hall on May 3rd, can not wait... saw him solo in 2012 at The Palladium which was completely amazing. I'd be surprised if it was down to poor ticket sales Duff, can't believe he's struggling to fill smallish venues in Europe, he's sold out the Royal Albert Hall which is 5000 capacity. Sorry to hear that though Salaman, hopefully he can get it rearranged this tour.
    Sadly not. It's a bit shit to be honest.
    I received this email from the local venue:

The management of Chris Cornell informed us that there won’t be a new date for his concert in the Bourla theatre:

“We regret to inform that Chris Cornell’s shows in Utrecht and Antwerp will not be rescheduled. We have committed our artist to other engagements leaving us with a scheduling conflict. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment this has caused. Your tickets will be refunded for this show at point of purchase. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.”

Well don't fucking commit him to other engagements if you have concerts left to catch up on, then you muppets.

Oddly enough, despite dropping Antwerp and Utrecht from the tour schedule, they're adding a 3rd show in Copenhagen.

Chris Cornell Back In Copenhagen For Extra Show!
    April 11, 2016
    Due to extraordinary demand, Chris has announced a third show in Copenhagen at DR Koncerthuset Koncertsalen on Saturday May 14th. Tickets go on public sale on Thursday 14th April at 10am: http://burl.nu/8qilf0

The first two announced shows in Copenhagen sold out. This 3rd show will be the final chance to see Cornell in Copenhagen on this tour!

I'm not terribly impressed.

Please don't come and post how awesome his concert was once you see him.
    ;-)
  • Salaman 18 Apr 2016 12:53:09 23,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    In other news. Bought tickets for an open air Massive Attack concert at the end of August.
  • Alastair 18 Apr 2016 13:52:02 23,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ControlledChaos wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Has Brian def said he's not doing it then? I heard the warnings, but not the response...

Edit: Ah, yes. Gutted
    The next 10 American shows are being rescheduled, then they have a month off before the European leg which are still on as dated however they've said the rescheduled American shows will "likely feature a guest vocalist" which doesn't bode well for Brian being able to perform in Europe presumably sooner than those ones, nothing has been said about if the condition is permanant or recoverable given time
    Now confirmed that Axl Rose will join up with AC/DC for the rest of the tour.

I have a ticket for the London show, and have mixed feelings about it. I'm glad that this means the gig will go ahead and Rose isn't a bad singer imo. He's just a bit of a tit at times, and I don't want to be standing around for 2 hours while he decides whether to go on stage or not.
    From memory, GnR did a pretty decent cover of Whole Lotta Rosie, which was on the B side of Sweet Child O Mine, so I think he can pull it off.
  • Trafford 28 Apr 2016 19:24:34 8,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kurt Vile doing a Glastonbury warm up gig at Gorilla in Manchester on the 24th of June.
    Tickets on sale tomorrow at 9.
  • smemma 28 Apr 2016 19:48:35 674 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Less than a month until radiohead at the roundhouse....
  • Trafford 28 Apr 2016 20:25:22 8,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ClemFandango wrote:
    Just booked Nicolas allbrook (pond, tame impala) at the deaf institute in Manc. Can't wait As this guy is the closest we have to a Modern day Bowie :-)
    Never heard of him, but sounds good.
    yada Yada YouTube, love the Deaf Institute ;)
  • Dougs 28 Apr 2016 20:44:09 88,270 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I have a ticket for the London show, and have mixed feelings about it. I'm glad that this means the gig will go ahead and Rose isn't a bad singer imo. He's just a bit of a tit at times, and I don't want to be standing around for 2 hours while he decides whether to go on stage or not.
    From memory, GnR did a pretty decent cover of Whole Lotta Rosie, which was on the B side of Sweet Child O Mine, so I think he can pull it off.
    Apparently they're offering refunds in the US if you don't want to see Axl. I'd be quite unity tbh, but only as I've not seen them at all.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.