Following General complaints about CEX Page 23

  • Deleted user 9 February 2018 07:37:07
    @nothappy63 For someone who attacks people who like playing games (an incredibly popular form of entertainment these days) , as basement dwelling children, you're acting very very childish in your responses and attitude.

    I've had a similar life history to you, (though I've worked in more countries including Australia and was in the military longer - neither of which make me a better person ) but I learnt more from it than how to act superior on a gaming website. I also learnt enough through life to be able to tell if I walk into a shop selling discounted consumer products that they're probably second hand or something is wrong with them. As they say, if something is too good to be true, then it's probably not. I'm sure as a 'man of the world' you'd know that and that's doubtless why you asked if it was new.

    As one counsellor to another, I think you should maybe get some therapy rather than talking to people about how they feel, because you're very thin skinned and have quite clear issues that you need to work on.

    So, back away from the keyboard and realise that there's more important things in life than trying to ridicule a guy on a forum you've only come to in order to tell people life isn't fair. I hope that your treatment goes well, but in the meantime, try and remember that if you truly do hold the people of this website in such contempt, then their opinions of you should not have such an effect on you.

    Oh and bear in mind that the lad who told you the phone was new might have actually believed that to be the case when he sold you it. As you say, the people who work there are probably not all university educated, ex military types who have worked in four countries. Some of them might not be able to afford the luxury of university. Some of them might have mental health issues or other disabilities. As a counsellor I'm surprised you're not more sympathetic to that fact.

    I hope the cancer treatment goes well. We have a thread for that horrible illness on here as it touches many lives. Maybe buy yourself a cheap $20 phone and focus on that as it's way more important than cex or this place.

    Finally, remember that you'll be going through a hell of a lot of emotions right now with the things that are happening to you in the "real world", so try to take a deep breath before reacting if you can.

    Edited by GuybrushThreepwood at 07:46:54 09-02-2018
  • minky-kong 9 Feb 2018 07:45:08 14,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    https://78.media.tumblr.com/8cd23a6766b9817d4ebb0314d0ede6cc/tumblr_n8eryoAJhU1rv9kqao1_250.gif

    "They have slandered me!"
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Feb 2018 08:02:20 10,273 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So someone is annoyed that the item they bought from a second hand shop was second hand?
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2018 08:32:02 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You sound like an absolute fuckbag. I'm sure at this point the staff are just messing with you because you went straight in with an appalling attitude.
  • PazJohnMitch 9 Feb 2018 08:33:34 14,472 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But it was from inside a shopping centre so it must have been new!
  • nickthegun 9 Feb 2018 08:39:18 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Which confirms the fact that anyone who feels the need to bring up their education level is a thick bastard.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Feb 2018 08:42:56 10,273 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He hasn't got a parking meter, he puts his money in the car
  • Load_2.0 9 Feb 2018 08:59:55 29,341 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Are you related to a Dale from the UK?

    Having a look at the CEX website and it seems to be identical to the UK one so I imagine the physical shop is the same. Hardly a crafty deception, not sure how you were unable to recognise they are a second hand retailer. Is this your first time out of the house alone?

    Your whole story is full of holes mate.

    You might benefit from less hyperbole a little more practicality in dealing with such an earth shattering experience as buying a phone.

    Edited by Load_2.0 at 09:01:08 09-02-2018
  • minky-kong 9 Feb 2018 09:24:59 14,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    He hasn't got a parking meters, he puts his money in the car
    FTFY.

    HTH.
  • dmj 9 Feb 2018 09:25:47 987 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I bought a new copy of Super Mario 3D Land from CeX a few years ago*. That's the only non-2nd hand thing I've ever come across there. The condition/status of every item is on the label.


    *Took it back an hour later as I'd found it £10 cheaper in, of all places, HMV.

    Edited by DMJ at 09:49:06 09-02-2018
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Feb 2018 09:37:26 5,847 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure I understand this link between educational level and bad language. I have postgraduate qualifications and I love swearing. My favourite words include “fucknugget”, “cockwomble”, “arsebiscuits” and “shitsplatter”.

    My current phrase of the week is “manky cuntflaps”.

    Swearing enriches my vocabulary. I know all the normal words plus the rude ones as well.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 9 Feb 2018 09:39:08 8,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nothappy63 wrote:
    Like they say- "birds of a feather stick together"
    They... they don't say that.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Feb 2018 09:41:30 5,847 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    nothappy63 wrote:
    Like they say- "birds of a feather stick together"
    They... they don't say that.
    But it's a fun experiment to try if you've got some superglue.
  • Help_me 9 Feb 2018 09:42:42 1,049 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Not sure I understand this link between educational level and bad language. I have postgraduate qualifications and I love swearing. My favourite words include “fucknugget”, “cockwomble”, “arsebiscuits” and “shitsplatter”.

    My current phrase of the week is “manky cuntflaps”.

    Swearing enriches my vocabulary. I know all the normal words plus the rude ones as well.
    :D
  • Bambot 9 Feb 2018 09:44:29 1,367 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nothappy63 wrote: I am a 55 year old man not a child that plays games.
    I am a 42 year old man, not a child, who plays games. What's your point? Does age have something to do with this?
  • Bambot 9 Feb 2018 09:45:49 1,367 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    nothappy63 wrote:
    Like they say- "birds of a feather stick together"
    They... they don't say that.
    It is an actual phrase, that people over the age of 50 do often say, actually. nothappy is a 55 year old man that plays games, not a child, so he's within his rights to use this phrase.
  • Bambot 9 Feb 2018 09:48:20 1,367 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nothappy63 wrote:
    Hello All.
    I have had a rather bad experience with CEX. I am a middle aged man who bought a phone off them. They lied and deceived me telling it was new. (why would I think otherwise as they are in a shopping centre).
    Yes, why would a famously second-hand-only shop dare set up trade in a SHOPPING centre? Who do they think they are, amirite '55year old man that plays games, not a child'?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Feb 2018 09:49:13 5,847 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Bambot The actual phrase is "birds of a feather flock together". Because they're birds. Birds travel in flocks.

    The funny bit here was how the guy who was attacking the educational level of the other forum users got the phrase wrong.
  • Bambot 9 Feb 2018 09:53:07 1,367 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't understand. He was buying it from a shopping centre, which as everyone knows is where people go to buy things that are brand new, so why did it even occur to him to ask if it was new?

    I don't go into shops in shopping centres (where, as EVERYONE knows, the only expectation one can possibly have is that all items being sold are new, because come on people, it's a SHOPPING CENTRE) and ask if the items are new. Why don't I do this? Because I'm in a shopping centre. Duh. Everything's new.

    So if I don't go into shopping centres and ask if the thing I'm buying is new, and I'm just a kid who plays games 24/7 and therefore worthy of scorn, why on earth would you, a grown adult of many boring years, ask that?

    Perhaps because you knew it probably wasn't, and your instincts are awful?
  • Bambot 9 Feb 2018 09:54:10 1,367 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Bambot The actual phrase is "birds of a feather flock together". Because they're birds. Birds travel in flocks.

    The funny bit here was how the guy who was attacking the educational level of the other forum users got the phrase wrong.
    Ohhhhhhhhh.

    I guess his kids have been playing with glue or something.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Feb 2018 10:05:08 5,847 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Bambot They've presumably not been playing with video games.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.