• askew 6 Dec 2019 16:47:27 21,552 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I wonder how much stolen material they handle per year
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 6 Dec 2019 17:00:37 8,979 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @askew Most of it?

Edit: And leaving aside stolen goods for a moment, I did enjoy Switch launch-day, when I saw their staff carrying two Switches each out of the local Game and back to their own store (putting their staff badges back on as they went back inside).

Edited by Rogueywon at 17:01:52 06-12-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 6 Dec 2019 19:24:20 10,212 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Great to see the EG forum snobbery is alive and well.

My local one is a good spot, one of the busiest shops in the town center, the staff are all sound, most of their customers are fine too and I use it myself (both for selling and buying). It's the only place in at least a 100km radius where you can buy PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP, Vita, DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U games, accessories and consoles (not to mention the random bits of 90s stuff they occasionally get). If you're inclined towards any sort of retro action, being able to inspect the games and consoles before you buy is a real boon.

I think the only smell ye're getting is the one that inevitably happens when your holier-than-thou heads are jammed up your arses.
    Wind your neck in a bit huh...

Who were you before you were banned btw?
  • Jono62 6 Dec 2019 19:26:14 25,345 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He was Fuzzy Duck.
  • richarddavies 6 Dec 2019 19:47:11 7,762 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's your position on pubes in game cases?
  • LegendaryApe 6 Dec 2019 21:17:54 2,061 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @MrAGSystems

Where in ireland are you from
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Dec 2019 09:08:12 10,212 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Sure, wind my neck in because my beliefs don't align with the forum circle-jerk of "CeX smelly and thieving".
    No, wind your neck in because you are being super aggressive arse.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Dec 2019 09:10:53 25,562 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    His transformation from most miserable man alive to the most angry and hateful man alive has not been a pretty one.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2019 09:34:47 19,980 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder how Fuzzy would react if CEX was staffed exclusively by Travellers?
  • DangerousDave_87 7 Dec 2019 09:52:51 6,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    At some point, every game shop I've ever visited has had a bad odour. It feels horrible to say this, but it's not uncommon with video game fans. Especially younger males. I've had to evacuate a store on a number of occasions because somebody is wearing an incredibly thick odour that you can pretty much taste. The kind that comes from being unwashed for weeks at a time. They're oblivious, themselves, but it's strong enough that everyone else in the building suffers.
  • Psiloc 7 Dec 2019 10:55:35 5,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Sure, wind my neck in because my beliefs don't align with the forum circle-jerk of "CeX smelly and thieving".
    Mate. I've been to CEX. I've bought stuff in there, sold stuff in there and I'll go there again. But it fucking biffs to high heaven

What is it they say about people who can't smell a bad smell?
  • RevolvingKenneth 7 Dec 2019 11:11:02 72 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I wonder how Fuzzy would react if CEX was staffed exclusively by Travellers?
    The customer base is certainly made up of a high percentage of them fencing their latest "acquisitions".
  • fontgeeksogood 7 Dec 2019 11:14:00 9,960 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you see an asshole in the morning, you saw an asshole. If you see assholes all day, you are the asshole

Also, so is Fuzzy
  • SnackPlissken 7 Dec 2019 11:17:27 1,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Best thing Iíve seen is at a board game expo where they had a freshen up stall with deodorant etc. Is it that difficult to wash everyday?
  • IRWATWO 7 Dec 2019 11:39:19 710 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    My other favourite hobby outlet, Games Workshop, has suffered similarly, but lots of criticism and a corporate approach to selling (actually beneficial in this case) which dictates if shops don't ming, sales go up, has resulted in change for the better.

CEX do have it doubly tough, a lot of their stock has cardboard and paper packaging and has probably been in a box in a cupboard near / with smelly trainers in it for some considerable time, so there will be a bit of musty puther before they even open the door.

All the more reason to address it though.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2019 11:42:20 19,980 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So are we all in agreement that Fuzzy has questionable body odour?
  • fontgeeksogood 7 Dec 2019 12:18:43 9,960 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've not been into a Cecks for a long time but they definitely didn't smell like musty cardboard
  • IRWATWO 7 Dec 2019 12:26:51 710 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    I've not been into a Cecks for a long time but they definitely didn't smell like musty cardboard
    That's just the base, the undertone, like the bottom layer of a really unpleasant cheesecake.
    The zesty bits all sit on top.
  • challenge_hanukkah 7 Dec 2019 13:17:49 12,836 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now call us all cucks.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Dec 2019 13:23:58 10,212 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Yeah I'm the aggressive one because I'm not one of the Untouchable Forumites that can't say what I want.
    No, you safe the aggressive one because of this-

MrAGSystems wrote:.

I think the only smell ye're getting is the one that inevitably happens when your holier-than-thou heads are jammed up your arses.
  • Ror 7 Dec 2019 14:28:12 20,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    At some point, every game shop I've ever visited has had a bad odour. It feels horrible to say this, but it's not uncommon with video game fans. Especially younger males. I've had to evacuate a store on a number of occasions because somebody is wearing an incredibly thick odour that you can pretty much taste. The kind that comes from being unwashed for weeks at a time. They're oblivious, themselves, but it's strong enough that everyone else in the building suffers.
    Anime fans are worse.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Dec 2019 14:43:00 19,980 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    MrAGSystems wrote:
    Yeah I'm the aggressive one because I'm not one of the Untouchable Forumites that can't say what I want.
    Fuzzy likes to 'JUST SAY HOW IT IS'.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 15:32:33 07-12-2019
  • Your-Mother 7 Dec 2019 14:54:45 4,471 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What a smelly racist
  • Tomo 7 Dec 2019 18:30:11 17,805 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sick burn bruh

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.