You fucking beauty!!!
  • Daeltaja 7 Nov 2018 21:50:37 1,684 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Omg
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Nov 2018 21:51:57 24,703 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Standard Mourinho, boring as fuck, negative, no entertainment and then some jamminess at the end.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 21:52:35 10,557 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cry some more you bitter cunt.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Nov 2018 21:53:52 24,703 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And Mourinho being a prick to the Juventus players at the end...
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 21:55:00 10,557 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And he did cry, and it was glorious.
  • H1ggyLTD 7 Nov 2018 21:55:40 10,631 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What is wrong with this Ecosse lad?
  • greg_wha 7 Nov 2018 21:55:54 1,196 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interesting results going into the derby...
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Nov 2018 21:56:41 24,703 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    What is wrong with this Ecosse lad?
    Eh?
  • Frogofdoom 7 Nov 2018 21:57:59 10,557 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I fully expect us to take a thumping but I was expecting that tonight so its a better week than expected already.
  • mikew1985 7 Nov 2018 22:03:39 14,548 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    United were far from negative tonight. I've been hugely, exhaustingly critical of them this season but it's largely been for lack of effort and organisation.

The team was balanced and the players really looked like they were trying to get a result. They could have been 3 down in the second half but stayed in the game and then took the chances they got.

That was away at one of the best teams in Europe (against whom we should always be competitive but haven't been in recent times). If we can play with that kind of effort and but if quality from here we'll have a much better season.

Jose is still a cunt though.

Edited by mikew1985 at 22:04:21 07-11-2018
  • FWB 7 Nov 2018 22:18:20 55,158 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Jose is the Donald Trump of football.
  • greg_wha 7 Nov 2018 22:53:42 1,196 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's harsh. We have a local cat I've dubbed "Trump". He sits on our windowsills and antagonises my cats so bad they piss on my sofa. Jose is no where near that kind of twat.
  • reddevil93 8 Nov 2018 00:59:30 14,663 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    https://twitter.com/unitedology/status/1060297688837697536?s=21
  • SolidSCB 8 Nov 2018 07:42:02 10,394 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha, innit.

Great result last night. Been a long time since we've had a decent result in Europe
  • FWB 8 Nov 2018 07:48:16 55,158 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Not difficult to understand why... football is entertainment. Mourinho is doing panto, and viewers love it. Most don't care about how the play is funded.

Plus for most of us it makes no difference - we've always been outspent by the top clubs in the PL. Utd fans are bothered cos their monopoly on income got broken and are annoyed they can't just buy everyone up now anymore; doubly so given their neighbours are part of that.

Edited by FWB at 08:06:21 08-11-2018
  • SolidSCB 8 Nov 2018 09:16:28 10,394 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be honest I'm more worried about Liverpool winning anything than City.

City are just there. You can't expect their supporters to suddenly stop caring about their club because of new owners but from the outside, they are a zero entity to me as a rival, local or otherwise. They are nice to get one over one as it would be with any sportsman or team that cheats their way to the top, but that's about it. It doesn't make my toes curl when they win anything.

But if Liverpool were to win the league for example this season I don't think I could stomach it. Not just because they are our biggest rival or because of history or anything like that. But because I'd have to begrudgingly admit that they've earned and deserved their win.
  • THFourteen 8 Nov 2018 09:41:03 49,987 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheated out of a Spurslol and a Utdlol two days in a row.

Life sucks
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Nov 2018 10:28:19 24,703 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    United were far from negative tonight. I've been hugely, exhaustingly critical of them this season but it's largely been for lack of effort and organisation.

The team was balanced and the players really looked like they were trying to get a result. They could have been 3 down in the second half but stayed in the game and then took the chances they got.

That was away at one of the best teams in Europe (against whom we should always be competitive but haven't been in recent times). If we can play with that kind of effort and but if quality from here we'll have a much better season.

Jose is still a cunt though.
    Maybe I was being unfair, theyíre not enjoyable to watch though.
    I actually donít mind Mourinho winding the fans up, banter should go both ways. Itís his utter lack of respect for every one in the game that makes him
    So dislikable .
  • FWB 8 Nov 2018 10:28:32 55,158 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    To be honest I'm more worried about Liverpool winning anything than City.

But if Liverpool were to win the league for example this season I don't think I could stomach it. Not just because they are our biggest rival or because of history or anything like that. But because I'd have to begrudgingly admit that they've earned and deserved their win.
    True true. I'll never accept they've earned it even if they do.

So as it stands... thank God for Citeh and their "cheating" spending.

Edited by FWB at 10:29:34 08-11-2018
  • SolidSCB 8 Nov 2018 10:52:24 10,394 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Besides, god help us all if they have something to actually crow about without even having to use mental gymnastics and an alternative league table.
  • LionheartDJH 8 Nov 2018 11:37:31 20,235 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I dislike United but I thought his reaction was quality. Fans can give out abuse for 90 mins but then can't take a little back and their players get up in arms about it, my heart bleeds! I'm sure their 7 consecutive Scudetti and financial advantage over the rest of Serie A will console them.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 8 Nov 2018 12:23:35 12,646 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I mean, they've been bought by an investment group who have spent nearly as much as City in relative terms. Ok, City are worse in all kinds of ways, but it's hardly a rags to riches tale of a club dragging themselves to the top through nothing but moral fortitude.
  • SolidSCB 8 Nov 2018 12:36:26 10,394 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We all know how much Liverpool have spunked, but I seriously doubt FSG have been handing millions under the table to Standard Chartered to give them back as sponsorship so they can spend beyond their means.

Only one of the two are actual, literal cheats.
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Nov 2018 12:39:42 24,703 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I dislike United but I thought his reaction was quality. Fans can give out abuse for 90 mins but then can't take a little back and their players get up in arms about it, my heart bleeds! I'm sure their 7 consecutive Scudetti and financial advantage over the rest of Serie A will console them.
    Yeah, youíre right when itís directed at the fans, at the players, not really.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 8 Nov 2018 12:56:10 12,646 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    We all know how much Liverpool have spunked, but I seriously doubt FSG have been handing millions under the table to Standard Chartered to give them back as sponsorship so they can spend beyond their means.

Only one of the two are actual, literal cheats.
    Yeah, City have lowered the benchmark for 'buying success'. But that doesn't mean that people who do it the good old fashioned way of having a foreign investor spending hundreds of millions, with frequent examples of tapping up players and bullying small clubs, as paragons of 'how it should be done'.
  • SolidSCB 8 Nov 2018 13:19:19 10,394 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Believe me, I don't think Liverpool's shit doesn't stink but nothing anyone does compares remotely to what City are. It's just in another stratosphere entirely.

Here's a better example for you then. It would hurt more to see Spurs win it than City for exactly the same reasons. It's sore seeing them above us in the table right now. Same thing with Leicester. I couldn't for one second feel any joy seeing them do what they did when they won the league because there's literally nothing you can take away from them in that victory. I will quite freely admit that I'm a bad loser and as a bad loser there's nothing more irritating than having to hold your hands up and just admit that someone did better than you.

I just don't have that feeling with City, at all. I don't feel the level of rivalry, disappointment or jealously I do with others. They are just there. They win our league and will continue to a lot, but it's all rooted in breaking the rules to get to where they've got, so meh.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.