Champions League Page 1060

• SolidSCB 8 Dec 2020 21:49:41 15,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Regardless of what happens here, let's make no mistake, we're a fucking disgrace.
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Dec 2020 21:52:55 12,913 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THERE'S TIME REF

Can't believe Patrick Kluivert only got one tonight against youse
  • reddevil93 8 Dec 2020 21:56:43 15,917 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fuck me. Player goes down injured for 45 seconds during added time and he blows it right on time. Tramp of a ref though we deserved nothing more.

Maguire’s a bellend and the full backs were shocking all night. Absolutely fucked away the group.
  • alt-cmd-esc 8 Dec 2020 21:56:47 659 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Olé’s at the wheel
  • JYM60 8 Dec 2020 21:57:16 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dog shit. Not enough players wanted it. Greenwood isn't ready, but he was woeful. Dearly missed Martial and/or Cavani. Pogba puts a decent ball in last minute of the game and nobody even in the box??

De Gea an absolute passenger too.
  • reddevil93 8 Dec 2020 21:58:23 15,917 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Greenwood looked our most dangerous player the second half.
  • askew 8 Dec 2020 21:59:36 23,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You'll go on and win the UEFA now
  • Frogofdoom 8 Dec 2020 22:01:23 17,489 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No we won't, not with that muppet in charge.
  • Mark1412 8 Dec 2020 22:09:17 2,148 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Do worry that the scales are tipping a bit too far towards him getting the sack at the moment. He's usually quite good at rebalancing them a bit and securing another few months of good times.
  • mikew1985 8 Dec 2020 22:10:41 15,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Just remember these good times, we never had them under Mourinho.
    This really feels like a bizarre dig at my completely true comment a week or two back. I'm no ole apologist so I'm really not sure what you're point is other than that you're a completely dour fan who actively wants us to lose more games just to get rid of the manager.

It's obvious that this job is too much for him, you're neither unique nor clever in thinking that. However it's also clear the board will not move unless it until it becomes an absolutely incomprehensible mess, which it isn't just yet.
  • SolidSCB 8 Dec 2020 22:10:59 15,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pound to a pinch of shit we beat City.
  • mikew1985 8 Dec 2020 22:14:12 15,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The third goal was totally criminal and ddg was so slack with it. Maguire too by really the keeper has to shift his feet.

The second goal was awful but it was down to a poor system chosen to try to secure a draw which was a terrible idea given we cannot defend. Awb didn't know what to do the entire first half which was obvious about 5 minutes in and the whole playing for a draw thing was out the window then anyway.

Poor tactical choices along with some really poor individual performances.

The damage was done against Istanbul and again last week when ole failed to remove Fred from the game.
  • JYM60 8 Dec 2020 22:24:49 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ole outers will be out in force I reckon. I'm usually a bit of a defender of his, but he probably got it wrong tonight with the 5 at the back.

In saying that, not much he can do if the back 5 absolutely shit the bed from the first minute. They were all absolutely abysmal, and De Gea too.

Hopefully this does him no harm, and I don't think it will. We're still no closer to winning anything meaningful, but still the most enjoyable team we've had to watch since Fergie.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Dec 2020 22:31:00 17,489 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not enjoyable to watch, its watching a talented squad being wasted by inconsistency and shit decisions. Sure they brute force their way to some wins and the odd good result but its not good enough.
  • SolidSCB 8 Dec 2020 22:35:20 15,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In what way is it enjoyable to watch?!? We're fucking awful to watch!

It's like the reanimated 7 year old corpse of Fergie's old counterattacking style. Just try and do what he did and you'll be fine. Yeah, no. Football moves on, Fergie was so successful because he realised that and adapted, not because "Haha counter attacking go brrrr". It's laughable.

Also find it funny how in the pre-match presser he claimed we'd be going all out for a win because that's what we do, before putting out the most cowardly starting lineup imaginable.
  • Jono62 8 Dec 2020 22:38:40 26,845 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Time to get Poch.
  • Daeltaja 8 Dec 2020 22:46:25 2,026 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    We spanked them 5-0, so set up defensively and park the bus has lost us this. Yes the defending was inexcusable, but this game is on Ole. He doesn't seem to give a shit either in his post game interview, no passion, anger, nothing. Dumped out of the Champ League you twat!
  • mikew1985 8 Dec 2020 22:50:55 15,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    To say he doesn't care is fucking ridiculous, have a bit of perspective and fucking respect.

I'm sorry the man may not be the manager to take us to the next level but I'm fairly certain he cares a hell of a lot.
  • SolidSCB 8 Dec 2020 22:56:59 15,654 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He's on a tight leash. He's lucky to be in the job and he knows it so he's not going to ruffle any feathers. He's not going to lash out like Mourinho because he respects the club too much.

I see it as a Dalgleish of a few years situation here really. He needs to not be the manager of our club, but he also shouldn't be looked at as anything other than a legend and this doesn't tarnish his legacy at all to me.
  • General_Martok 8 Dec 2020 22:59:45 2,191 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It really isn't that shit to watch when we've had drab that we played under lvg and Mourinho.

We have flashes of utter brilliance that sometimes last a half of football. He needs to get that going all the time. It's not easy.

Also what makes anyone think any other manager will do better? Need u remind you who's in charge of transfer business?

We're fucked. As Nintendo put it, "please understand".
  • mikew1985 8 Dec 2020 23:02:47 15,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well exactly, ultimately its just another in a long line of Woodwards baffling decisions.

The new year immediately prior to jose getting sacked be gives him an inexplicable new contract and then doesn't back him but also doesn't sack him (should have sacked him that summer). Then hastily offers ole a contract which never needed to be offered and now here we are, he will continue to double down on his decision until oles position is completely untenable or if we fail to qualify for the champions league again. Really what he needs is the backbone to admit he got another one wrong and move on quickly.

Edited by mikew1985 at 23:03:05 08-12-2020

Edited by mikew1985 at 23:04:05 08-12-2020
  • JYM60 8 Dec 2020 23:09:17 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well this game was awful to watch granted. And others have been too.

But if you think LVG and Mou were better to watch than this team, then we have massively differing opinions on what makes entertaining football....

LVG and Mou who had so so much more in terms of talent at their disposal.
  • mikew1985 8 Dec 2020 23:31:49 15,483 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm not sure that's true about the talent at their disposal but the football was definitely worse under both of them.

Edited by mikew1985 at 23:32:31 08-12-2020
  • JYM60 8 Dec 2020 23:38:16 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    He needs to get that going all the time. It's not easy.
    It really looks like that. They should be fucking killing themselves to qualify. But the laziness on display from Bissaka, Maguire, and De Gea is pathetic really. I've displayed more passion and desire playing 5 aside.

Is that Ole's fault? It could be I guess. But I doubt it. We need more Bruno's, far less of everyone else!
  • JYM60 9 Dec 2020 00:24:41 18,906 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I'm not sure that's true about the talent at their disposal but the football was definitely worse under both of them.
    Yeah I wouldn't be sure. But Maguire has been looking worse than Mike fucking Smalling recently, and Lingard and Andreas each played 40 games last season. Lingard who no premier League team will even loan, and Andreas who gets 5 mins for Lazio.
  • Stuz359 9 Dec 2020 00:42:38 421 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    3-5-2 relies on wing backs being able to attack, as does a 4-4-2 diamond. AWB isn't an attacking full back, we could and should have kept Dalot at the club this season to play that role.

Shaw on the other side lost something after the leg break and is okay defensively, but attacking wise no where near good enough now. Telles, jury still out but he has been one of the best attacking full/wing backs in europe according to stats. He has a nice delivery on him.

What is really clear it that there does not seem to be a plan, little cohesion in the team. No running, no one offering themselves as an option to receive a ball.

United are relying on flashes of individual brilliance to win games, it's a talented squad, if unbalanced and needs proper coaching to get to the next level.

I love Ole, but he is a placeholder.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Dec 2020 00:43:21 17,421 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    PSG game suspended as the forth official apparently called someone the 'n' word.
    Wow.
    It’s all a bit unclear but I think it’s not THE n word, and rather a foreign language word for Black person that sounds a bit like it. However even with that caveat it sounds quite dodgy.
    The Guardian report says the fourth official said something like “him over there the black one” or possibly similar in a language which uses ‘negro’.

Ba’s point being you wouldn’t say “him over there the white one”.

And he’s got a point to be fair.
  • Dougs 9 Dec 2020 06:20:43 99,017 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yep, it just underlines how ingrained it is. So many other descriptors that he could have used. I doubt he was being deliberately racist but I don't think it makes it any better.
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Dec 2020 06:51:28 12,913 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's no different than calling Jimmy Hill 'chinny'
  • alt-cmd-esc 9 Dec 2020 07:35:04 659 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    To say he doesn't care is fucking ridiculous, have a bit of perspective and fucking respect.

I'm sorry the man may not be the manager to take us to the next level but I'm fairly certain he cares a hell of a lot.
    I’m pretty certain he has a Man Utd duvet cover and pyjamas, plus a framed signed pic of Suralex on his bedside table. If that’s not worthy of respect, then what is, for crying out loud?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.