Playstation Plus (PS3/PS4/VITA) Page 285

• spookyxelectric 28 Jan 2021 23:23:56 408 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Japanese PSN still gets PS5 Control, but rather than the PS4 version, they get Bloodstained.

https://twitter.com/playstation_jp/status/1354625763648000006?s=21

I selfishly wish we got that instead. 👀
  • Deleted user 29 January 2021 12:00:45
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Exactly there's probably a good handful that was discounted, then announced shortly after.
    The real issue to me is that the physical copy was released with promise of the upgrade, then it was delayed.. then it was discounted. There was no need for anyone to buy it for £30 and I blame myself for buying it day one more than the developer/publisher. Don't buy games day one.
    I'm guessing that between the deep discounts and it popping up on PS Plus, the sales for the UE weren't something to write home about? Given their "you'll pay for it all again" stance I wouldn't be surprised either.
  • Derblington 29 Jan 2021 12:57:04 34,878 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I don't think PSN sales have anything to do with publishers and devs - the sale is on the PSN storefront, Sony are in control of that.

Plus is different - they have agreements for the games they give to people.

It being in a sale and then Plus isn't a conspiracy, it's just unfortunate timing - they benefit different people. Well, they both benefit Sony but you get the point.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Jan 2021 13:21:58 4,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    spookyxelectric wrote:
    Japanese PSN still gets PS5 Control, but rather than the PS4 version, they get Bloodstained.

https://twitter.com/playstation_jp/status/1354625763648000006?s=21

I selfishly wish we got that instead. 👀
    That one is an odd change as the main game is still on PS5 and these things are usually about games that don't "fit" the region...

Having made the mistake of Kickstarting the Switch version of BS I would have happily taken this too as despite not owning Control I would rather play it on PS5 (whenever I get one) or PC.

Nice to have another month where I don't own the games already though.
  • Jubilee64 29 Jan 2021 18:18:16 60 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I don't think PSN sales have anything to do with publishers and devs - the sale is on the PSN storefront, Sony are in control of that.

Plus is different - they have agreements for the games they give to people.
    I was pretty sure that devs controlled the timing of their items being on sale, as well as the discount, on PSN.

It looks to me like the Ultimate Edition has been heavily sold on the promise of a future upgrade, and then discounted on the same promise, before being put on ps+ day 1. They could at least have waited a few months before putting it on Plus, I guess they must have really needed the cash.
  • ChiefGB 29 Jan 2021 20:56:00 13,658 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or Sony wanted to troll gamepass 🤣
  • Derblington 30 Jan 2021 10:45:16 34,878 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sales are on PSN weekly. If Sony had to reach out to every dev/publisher to ask if their title could be in any given sale itíd would be a logistical nightmare. Retail stores wouldnít need to do so, I donít see why the 1st party storefronts would?

Iím sure thereís a grace period where new titles are exempt from general price cuts without an agreement in place but the general year round sales are on Sony I believe.
  • Darth_Flibble 30 Jan 2021 12:14:57 5,209 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Retail stores wouldnít need to do so, I donít see why the 1st party storefronts would?
    As the retail stores buy the stock in and can sell what every they want
  • Jubilee64 30 Jan 2021 14:22:50 60 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Sales are on PSN weekly. If Sony had to reach out to every dev/publisher to ask if their title could be in any given sale itíd would be a logistical nightmare. Retail stores wouldnít need to do so, I donít see why the 1st party storefronts would?

Iím sure thereís a grace period where new titles are exempt from general price cuts without an agreement in place but the general year round sales are on Sony I believe.
    Nah - it wouldn't make sense for publishers to pass control over pricing to Sony on a digital shop. Sony aren't buying digital codes from publishers and moving them on, they wouldn't be able to alter pricing without publisher consent.

"Both Sony and Microsoft do not set the price of third-party games on their digital stores, but they do control factors that affect it, such as currency conversion."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-28-sony-explains-ps4-digital-game-pricing

I'm sure it's the same for Steam, Google play etc.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2021 18:22:15
    Yeah I find it hard to believe that third party publishers have no say in the when and how much their products hit the PSN deals tab.
  • JamboWayOh 30 Jan 2021 18:40:10 23,811 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    Retail stores wouldnít need to do so, I donít see why the 1st party storefronts would?
    As the retail stores buy the stock in and can sell what every they want
    Indeed, GAME is the clear example of setting whatever bullshit price they want.
  • Deleted user 2 February 2021 00:30:17
    All three games are now live on Plus!

The storefront hasn't been updated yet (on PS5 anyway), so you have to search them manually.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Feb 2021 13:22:54 16,908 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    March's Games

FFVII Remake (PS4)
    Remenant: From the Ashes (PS4)
    Farpoint (PSVR)
    Maquette (PS5)

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/26/playstation-plus-games-for-march-final-fantasy-vii-remake-maquette-remnant-from-the-ashes-and-farpoint/
  • greenmekon 26 Feb 2021 13:31:20 589 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    March's Games

FFVII Remake (PS4)
    Remenant: From the Ashes (PS4)
    Farpoint (PSVR)
    Maquette (PS5)

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/26/playstation-plus-games-for-march-final-fantasy-vii-remake-maquette-remnant-from-the-ashes-and-farpoint/
    Great list 👍
  • Rum_Monkey 26 Feb 2021 13:32:32 2,690 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Wonder if they will change their minds about the free upgrade for FF7.
  • monkman76 26 Feb 2021 13:44:22 18,564 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've never even considered playing a Final Fantasy game. Should I now consider it?
  • Trowel 26 Feb 2021 13:48:16 24,360 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    Wonder if they will change their minds about the free upgrade for FF7.
    Please note the PS4 version of Final Fantasy VII Remake available to PlayStation Plus members is not eligible for the PS5 digital version upgrade.
  • monkman76 26 Feb 2021 13:48:57 18,564 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Meh then.
  • davidfowles 26 Feb 2021 13:50:28 439 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Was surprised to see FF7R, looking forward to checking that out!
  • Decks 26 Feb 2021 13:52:32 29,777 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    I've never even considered playing a Final Fantasy game. Should I now consider it?
    I tried the one that was free on the plus collection thing and it was fucking dreadful.
  • Rum_Monkey 26 Feb 2021 14:02:47 2,690 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    They're games I feel that I should like because the people that do bang on about them so much(see the souls games too). When I play them I spend about 3hrs convincing myself I like it and then bin it off because I just can't get on with it.
  • Blackmarsh63 26 Feb 2021 14:09:18 4,110 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remnant: From the Ashes is decent enough. Can be played solo but co-op was way more fun.
  • Killerbee 26 Feb 2021 15:26:53 5,136 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @monkman76

The golden era of Final Fantasies VI to X are some of my favourite games of all time. But then I did play them on the hardware of the time and going back to PS1 era games is not really something Iíd now want to do for long. They were good but very much of their time.

I have no doubt that nostalgia for VII is a big reason for the popularity of the Remake and thatís driven more by the story, characters and music than the actual gameplay.

(The story, characters and music are utterly brilliant, mind.)

So maybe the modern Remake is the best way to experience Final Fantasy VII - but I guess youíre unlikely to experience the same thrill at seeing Aeris and Cloud together again that a veteran of the original would.

Oh, and be warned that this is actually only the first third or so of the original game!
  • Dougs 26 Feb 2021 15:32:06 99,081 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    monkman76 wrote:
    I tried the one that was free on the plus collection thing and it was fucking dreadful.
    My son is playing that, he's quite enjoying it. It's no FFVII though. That was golden.
  • PazJohnMitch 26 Feb 2021 16:08:29 16,919 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Maquette looks like it uses the same puzzle concept as the PSVR game a Fishermanís Tale.

I quite liked that game. (Completely hated the conversations in the Maquette trailer though),
  • BigOrkWaaagh 26 Feb 2021 16:31:43 10,437 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    I've played FF games before and never really thought much of them honestly, but I really enjoyed the VII Remake.
  • PazJohnMitch 26 Feb 2021 16:36:32 16,919 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    FF7R is a good JRPG and a decent one to start with in terms of mechanics.

Story is extra convoluted though due to itís Remake status and regular ďI bet you know what is going to happen nextĒ meta. Still interesting though and can be followed easily enough even without prior knowledge.
  • Derblington 26 Feb 2021 16:50:47 34,878 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I guess itís worth highlighting in here too: The FFVIIR PSPlus freebie is the PS4 version only - itís ineligible for the free PS5 upgrade.

You need to have bought FFVIIR in order to get the free PS5 upgrade.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Feb 2021 18:06:22 16,908 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Killerbee wrote:
    @monkman76

The golden era of Final Fantasies VI to X are some of my favourite games of all time. But then I did play them on the hardware of the time and going back to PS1 era games is not really something Iíd now want to do for long. They were good but very much of their time.

I have no doubt that nostalgia for VII is a big reason for the popularity of the Remake and thatís driven more by the story, characters and music than the actual gameplay.

(The story, characters and music are utterly brilliant, mind.)

So maybe the modern Remake is the best way to experience Final Fantasy VII - but I guess youíre unlikely to experience the same thrill at seeing Aeris and Cloud together again that a veteran of the original would.

Oh, and be warned that this is actually only the first third or so of the original game!
    What?!? I didn't know that! I never completed FFVII on the PSOne, but was suddenly interested playing this again, but not if it's not the full game...?
  • Decks 26 Feb 2021 18:10:52 29,777 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The rest hasn't been made yet.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.