The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Page 568

Next Last
  • Rodderz 2 Jan 2019 11:07:14 3,951 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

Hm, difficult to tell as I left it alone for a good while. I'd guess at about 100-200 hours.

It's the first time that I've finished every side quest except the ones that loop forever so I've got no choice now but to either do the main quest or search for remaining unexplored places. Dunno what I'm going to do when I finish it!
    Dark Souls 2? :p
  • GuybrushFreepwood 2 Jan 2019 11:13:33 1,052 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

Hm, difficult to tell as I left it alone for a good while. I'd guess at about 100-200 hours.

It's the first time that I've finished every side quest except the ones that loop forever so I've got no choice now but to either do the main quest or search for remaining unexplored places. Dunno what I'm going to do when I finish it!
    I've spent about 225 hours on the Switch version. I spent more than that on the PC. I hope they never bring out a sequel or I'm doomed.
  • hedben2013 2 Jan 2019 11:20:47 1,105 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @quadfather

Great stuff. Does ESO interest you. Have a couple of mates play it and say that it is really good and a total different game to what was released. Might be worth a go.
    Totally anecdotal sample of 1, but I tried ESO for about 10 hours and it didn't scratch the same itch as Skyrim at all. The stories and quest structure seemed broadly similar, but the explore-sneak-fight-loot-repeat cycle I love in both Skyrim and Fallout 3+ just wasn't there for me.
  • Blackmarsh63 2 Jan 2019 11:21:13 2,434 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood Did you miss this ..

• drhickman1983 2 Jan 2019 11:32:31 5,922 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've played about 300 hours or so in 360, and about 100 hours on pc. But I think a lot of the pc time was just dicking around with mods.

I've been contemplating getting the Switch version, but not sure I can wring much more from the game. I loved it though, and honestly it's my favourite ES game, perhaps because it is more streamlined than the previous games (I guess I'm a filthy casual player. I don't care.)
  • GuybrushFreepwood 2 Jan 2019 11:35:35 1,052 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Blackmarsh63 Nope... but just the music was enough to convince me that I'll have to buy it. That said, I think it will be a decade or two before it appears on a Nintendo console (if ever) so I might be alright.
  • quadfather 2 Jan 2019 13:25:07 34,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @quadfather

Great stuff. Does ESO interest you. Have a couple of mates play it and say that it is really good and a total different game to what was released. Might be worth a go.
    I had a quick go when it first came out but like you say, the vanilla release was a bit ropey. Might give it a go again, but my gaming times are quite erratic so I normally just do solo play
  • quadfather 2 Jan 2019 13:25:47 34,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

Dark Souls 2? :p
    Hah! Never! Can't even remember how far I got through it in the first place.
  • quadfather 2 Jan 2019 13:26:28 34,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

I've spent about 225 hours on the Switch version. I spent more than that on the PC. I hope they never bring out a sequel or I'm doomed.
    I'm dying to play the 6th installment!
  • Rodderz 2 Jan 2019 16:41:17 3,951 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

I'm dying to play the 6th installment!
    Me too! I like Fallout and all, but if I had to choose it'd be a TES game every time! ES6 would have been one of my most anticipated games of this gen had it happened, but alas it looks firmly set to be PS5/XBTwo bound.

I'll be a tad disappointed if it ends up being set in Hammerfell, as has been suggested by internet sleuths, because that will mean there'd have been three 'human' provinces on the trot (Cyrodil>Skyrim>Hammerfell). As an Argonian fan I'd love to see the Black Marsh realised for a proper entry in the series, or failing that Elsweyr with the Khajiit's and mountains of Skooma :)
  • quadfather 2 Jan 2019 17:03:49 34,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hey man, Sumerset isle says hello
  • Rodderz 2 Jan 2019 18:22:20 3,951 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Hmmm, you've just reminded me that back when I completed Skyrim the first time (360 version), that that was the very conclusion and feeling I came to about where the next game could be set. It undoubtedly involved the presence of the Aldmeri Dominion in Skyrim and certain quests or conversations about the 'current' political state of Tamriel, but I can't remember much more than that!

Mind you, given the way ES games are created, the next game could well be set hundreds of years in the future from the events of the Dragonborn, so that whole Aldmeri kerfuffle could be concluded via lore books, passing conversations or even the world state in the next game instead.
  • DrStrangelove 2 Jan 2019 21:06:06 14,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    I've been contemplating getting the Switch version, but not sure I can wring much more from the game. I loved it though, and honestly it's my favourite ES game, perhaps because it is more streamlined than the previous games (I guess I'm a filthy casual player. I don't care.)
    Nothing wrong with having acceptable action. I gave Oblivion another try later, and hell it was almost unplayable.
  • quadfather 3 Jan 2019 00:38:40 34,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Hmmm, you've just reminded me that back when I completed Skyrim the first time (360 version), that that was the very conclusion and feeling I came to about where the next game could be set. It undoubtedly involved the presence of the Aldmeri Dominion in Skyrim and certain quests or conversations about the 'current' political state of Tamriel, but I can't remember much more than that!

Mind you, given the way ES games are created, the next game could well be set hundreds of years in the future from the events of the Dragonborn, so that whole Aldmeri kerfuffle could be concluded via lore books, passing conversations or even the world state in the next game instead.
    You need to get out more ;)
  • Rodderz 3 Jan 2019 09:26:35 3,951 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @quadfather

😂 I think you might be right! Heh!
  • quadfather 3 Jan 2019 13:05:03 34,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Rodderz

I'm just as bad ;)
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.