Batman: Arkham City Page 81

Next Last
  • caligari 2 Dec 2013 11:28:53 17,924 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Err - I'm currently playing through the GOTY version of Arkham City on my PC (in the hope that the newer GFWL-less version will not corrupt my save).

I can see that Harley Quinn's Revenge is available from the menu - but I'm pretty sure that the game itself is the vanilla version - even though my Steam library states otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that I remember the 360 GOTY version starting with you taking control of Cat Woman, right? This definitely wasn't the case with my PC play-through.

Are there major differences between the PC and console versions?
  • Widge Moderator 6 Apr 2014 09:15:28 13,859 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just booted this up to play. Forget just how striking the Batman games look.
  • Kostabi 6 Apr 2014 10:05:08 5,915 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If I remember right everyone with Batman games got upgraded to the GOTY on Steam when they patched out GFWL. The downside is that it's a separate install. There is a way to transfer your save across I just can't remember how, sorry.
  • Vice.Destroyer 23 Aug 2015 18:16:45 7,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished Arkham Knight. And now inspired to max Arkham City!
  • JoeBlade 23 Aug 2015 19:54:14 4,173 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Arkham City is one of those games I keep restarting every now and again but I never got past the 10% point or so in. Asylum however I finished on my first go.

I think it's because the open world stuff is carried almost exclusively by the combat and that aspect, while excellent, becomes too monotonous after a while for my tastes. I supposed it also lost its novelty before I even started on the game considering it's a sequel.

Shame, because I can definitely see this is a great game.
  • Vice.Destroyer 26 Aug 2015 23:35:51 7,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really miss the ability to take screenshots on the last gen consoles. I am racing ahead with my game, and now have 431/440 Riddler challenges. All the ones that are left are physical challenges, including:
    Glide continuously for 150m. Current best: 123.2m
    Perform a vertical dive for 50m. Current best: 43.3m
    Glide for 30m while less than 5m above water. Current best: 29.8m!!!

But it certainly feels much more doable than it did in 2011, when I last played it.
  • Vice.Destroyer 27 Aug 2015 10:21:17 7,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am currently struggling with the last 4 advanced AR challenges! Jesus Christ. I finished my New Game Plus last night and am amused at the huge gap in time between achievements dates.

Edited by Vice.Destroyer at 10:21:43 27-08-2015
  • Vice.Destroyer 30 Aug 2015 23:21:44 7,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What a glorious day. Finally managed to get the advanced AR challenge 1 done. This took probably 2 weeks of practice and I managed to get it done twice today. Once for my Original and the New Game+ game save.
    Just in case you have forgotten which one that is :)

Then also got all of the physical challenges. One took much much longer, (zipline towards someone and then do a takedown) because I was using the wrong button D'Oh! But all the Sidemissions on both gamesaves (normal and Game+) are at 100%. Same with the story mode. Which means that all my Upgrades and Collectibles are sitting at 100%

Now working on Riddler's Revenge
    Ranked Medals: 60/72
    Campaign models: 8/108

The next two weeks will be a little busy

Edited by Vice.Destroyer at 23:23:24 30-08-2015
  • Vice.Destroyer 1 Sep 2015 01:25:50 7,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I should be in bed, instead I am rattling off the Ranked Medals (as Batman) in the Riddler's Revenge. All 72 done. Tomorrow I will make a start on the Campaign medals.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Nov 2016 14:12:41 6,241 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The fight with Joker with the titan and the hammer guy and a mob which has knife guys in it and rollcoaster cars running through it.

Fuck this fight.

I hate the mob brawls in this game, making a boss fight out of them that has sub-bosses in the crowd is miserable.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.