Dark Souls Page 1514

• retro74 11 Mar 2020 16:32:18 3,186 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Let's all go for a pint.
    Imagine all the Souls people together in pub, the other patrons would think we were talking a different language

It would sort of be like when the mentors meet the LAIRE players in the classic movie Role Models
  • quadfather 11 Mar 2020 16:33:27 36,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @retro74

There's a group of people in my local that discuss different ways of knitting.

I have seen them come to blows.
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 16:33:36 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @creepiest-lizard It's true. It's not. And fantastically retro I may add.
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 16:33:54 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I wonder if the later stages of the main game were somewhat rushed Vs the earlier parts. Areas like demon ruins just don't seem to have anywhere near the same tlc as other sections.
    They absolutely are. That's my biggest criticism. After anor londo it does lose a bit of focus, however it's still a souls game so is pretty great.

I think they did run out of time or something.
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 16:34:35 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm less wound up than I am bored tbh.

Anyway Bichii knows what she is doing when she posts like that. I daresay she even enjoys the reaction. We're just following the script.

Edited by wuntyate at 16:36:02 11-03-2020
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 16:37:11 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I'm really annoyed that my internet is so shit. I really fancy a run.

I might tether my phone and download it over 4G and burn some data.

I must have this large club tonight.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2020 16:37:32 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I wonder if the later stages of the main game were somewhat rushed Vs the earlier parts. Areas like demon ruins just don't seem to have anywhere near the same tlc as other sections.
    The last few sections are not finished, Demon ruins is just broken and in the original release, the orange glare made me feel sick.
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 16:38:30 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Demon's Ruins is pretty great in DS3. What could have been.
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 16:39:51 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Steve-Perry It was alright but reminded me too much of a BB chalice dungeon. If I hadn't done those to death beforehand I may have loved it more.
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 16:41:36 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    That's a good point, they do look similar in design, definitely some textures reused.

Really didn't like the chalice dungeons. A good idea poorly executed.
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 16:42:22 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Steve-Perry I got quite addicted to them. Some of the enemies down there were properly freaky, but they went on far too long and were too generic.
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 16:43:43 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @Steve-Perry I got quite addicted to them. Some of the enemies down there were properly freaky, but they went on far too long and were too generic.
    I got fairly far into a few of them, but the deja vu got the better of me.

There's definitely some scope for a similar system in a future game. Hopefully a refinement of it in Elden Ring.
  • retro74 11 Mar 2020 16:48:19 3,186 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @retro74

There's a group of people in my local that discuss different ways of knitting.

I have seen them come to blows.
    That's just like us in this thread to be fair, if we joined them we'd have wunty saying some really shitty, rank wool is the best wool around and his cardigan made out of rank wool is the #1 cardigan

And Bichii making 12 jumpers from a single ball of wool in one day before picking the kids up

And quaddy falling off a ledge and impaling himself on his knitting needles
  • Bichii 11 Mar 2020 16:49:07 2,871 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I promise I'm never ever trying to wind anyone up in one of these threads. I'm just generally over the top and dramatic in life. So when I say I think something's shit, like o&s boss that generally translates to "I'm dying a lot and have no patience."
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 16:50:53 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I promise I'm never ever trying to wind anyone up in one of these threads. I'm just generally over the top and dramatic in life. So when I say I think something's shit, like o&s boss that generally translates to "I'm dying a lot and have no patience."
    Fair play. All good. I like your contributions on the whole. These threads are great.

Also, I want to summon your giant dad for Manus because I hate that fucker.
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 16:53:25 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @retro74 That's it. You're not getting a shot of my cardigan and I don't care how cold you get. So what if none of the sections match up with each other and it's too easy to fasten. It's the BEST cardigan.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2020 16:57:54 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    I liked them til they took your health away.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2020 16:59:55 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @retro74 That's it. You're not getting a shot of my cardigan and I don't care how cold you get. So what if none of the sections match up with each other and it's too easy to fasten. It's the BEST cardigan.
    But its bland in every way shape and form, it doesnt fit properly and who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to make you stand around like a loon waiting to get stabbed just so some prick can fall on his arse before you can crit damage him.

had some cool bits in it though, like the scorpion guy who you didnt fight... But then had a boss who unequips all your gear.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 17:02:30 11-03-2020
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 17:06:45 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Are we still talking about my cardigan?
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2020 17:08:14 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    no... i got confused and started another dark souls 2 rant, though your cardigan does seem to unequip everything else you are wearing.
  • Bichii 11 Mar 2020 17:10:42 2,871 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    retro74 wrote:

I love Dark Souls but it's not immune from others criticising it. I will probably be quite critical of Sekiro by the end as I am enjoying it but I think some of the systems (prosthetics and combat arts) are almost pointless at this stage
    Don't you dare be critical of sekiro, it's incredible. However when playing it I do miss the online aspect of it. While playing dark souls this week I found myself wishing the other players running around/fighting (the white ghosts) good luck out loud, I'm nuts. I do also like to hang around bosses and put my sign down to be helpful, was most annoyed when I discovered I couldn't at Gwyn.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Mar 2020 17:18:08 9,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    retro74 wrote:

I love Dark Souls but it's not immune from others criticising it. I will probably be quite critical of Sekiro by the end as I am enjoying it but I think some of the systems (prosthetics and combat arts) are almost pointless at this stage
    Don't you dare be critical of sekiro, it's incredible. However when playing it I do miss the online aspect of it. While playing dark souls this week I found myself wishing the other players running around/fighting (the white ghosts) good luck out loud, I'm nuts. I do also like to hang around bosses and put my sign down to be helpful, was most annoyed when I discovered I couldn't at Gwyn.
    I do the same whenever i hear the bells toll.
  • Bichii 11 Mar 2020 17:22:29 2,871 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh and thanked them when I got an extra juice :).

Where was onion knight? We chatted at sens twice, fire link, blight town, rescued his daughter at crystal caves, chatted to her again at fire link. I read he was in lava world but sadly never saw him. I couldn't believe that bastard I saved in undead parish killed the firelink shrine lady! On my Xbox run I killed him and got his ring so this time I thought I'd see where his quest line actually went.
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 17:25:11 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    no... i got confused and started another dark souls 2 rant, though your cardigan does seem to unequip everything else you are wearing.
    Ah that's why I'm cold down there
  • quadfather 11 Mar 2020 17:35:00 36,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    All cool. We're probably set in our ways in this thread and come across as defensive too. No smoke without fire and all that. Crisis averted!
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 17:41:19 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    53 minutes to download
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 18:04:01 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    All cool. We're probably set in our ways in this thread and come across as defensive too. No smoke without fire and all that. Crisis averted!
    It's because we wanted her to love it.

\sob
  • Steve-Perry 11 Mar 2020 18:10:32 1,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    17 minutes to undead asylum
  • quadfather 11 Mar 2020 18:29:11 36,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And then 3hrs 27mins for the club to drop
  • wuntyate 11 Mar 2020 18:42:54 14,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fatty farming time

Blighttown fatties drop them clubs
    Do daah do daah
    Blighttown fatties drop them clubs
    And so forth

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.