Following Dark Souls Page 1521

Next Last
  • Malek86 15 Nov 2020 18:11:51 11,182 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @wuntyate no prob, I can just summon Solaire as usual. I had 30 humanities lying around anyway so I offered them all to the spider. It helps that I never kindle bonfires...

I'm kinda speeding through the game now, I only have the Demon Ruins path left. Of course it has the most annoying one.

I swear though, some of these secrets are ridiculous. Like there are absolutely no hints whatsoever to some of them. I guess From specifically wanted online communities to come together and discover them, by the good old "ten thousand monkeys on typewriters" style?

Edited by Malek86 at 18:13:11 15-11-2020
  • Samildanach 15 Nov 2020 19:52:38 484 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    @wuntyate no prob, I can just summon Solaire as usual. I had 30 humanities lying around anyway so I offered them all to the spider. It helps that I never kindle bonfires...

I'm kinda speeding through the game now, I only have the Demon Ruins path left. Of course it has the most annoying one.

I swear though, some of these secrets are ridiculous. Like there are absolutely no hints whatsoever to some of them. I guess From specifically wanted online communities to come together and discover them, by the good old "ten thousand monkeys on typewriters" style?
    The two areas hidden behind TWO illusory walls was particularly ridiculous. I would never think to hit the second wall without a guide. I think you are right that they wanted the community to find it, rather than the individual player.
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2020 10:00:53 37,417 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    I've got a couple of characters around mid game. Nothing at end game alas, all those chaps are in the next NG cycle.

If you get to the stage you need a hand Malek I'll try whizz one through to the Kiln.

This... was a blast from the past though. My first ever souls character is here.

/sob
    Has your first character got messed up stats? Mine has. Its a melee build, with fast ninja flip even with iron armour. He's got the ring shield too before it was nerfed and I've got loads of points in resistance :D
  • Malek86 16 Nov 2020 10:09:59 11,182 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Done! Solaire helped, of course. I didn't expect Gwyn to take so little damage from lightning. Not that he ever gave me much of a chance to cast any miracles.

I think if we were ever to see a remake for Dark Souls, I'd want someone other than Bluepoint to handle it, because a graphical lift is not enough. The whole second half needs to be reworked. While Demon's Souls is a fairly consistent game throughout (with a couple exceptions: does anybody like stage 2-2?), and can be more or less left as is, Dark Souls has too many highs and lows.
  • Samildanach 16 Nov 2020 11:50:33 484 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Done! Solaire helped, of course. I didn't expect Gwyn to take so little damage from lightning. Not that he ever gave me much of a chance to cast any miracles.

I think if we were ever to see a remake for Dark Souls, I'd want someone other than Bluepoint to handle it, because a graphical lift is not enough. The whole second half needs to be reworked. While Demon's Souls is a fairly consistent game throughout (with a couple exceptions: does anybody like stage 2-2?), and can be more or less left as is, Dark Souls has too many highs and lows.
    Izalith could easily become a fantastic location if they made it into a much more complex lost city ruins. The second half of Izalith once you get out of the tedious lava field is pretty decent bar the endlessly repeating crap fire statue demon things. If they doubled down on that bit, expanding it up and down, it could be awesome. Throw in Xanthous as a high priest over a crowd of deformed humanoids (rather than his rather odd location in the painting) as a miniboss and obviously improve the Bed and you've got a winner.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.