Warhammer 40K (with the models and everything) Page 32

• KingOfSpain 6 Nov 2020 16:34:55 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Ddanno

I know, I know....

I'm running short ongrey plastic! I have a few Aeronautica planes and a few Knights for Titanicus, but as soon as the new Blood Bowl box is out I'll have plenty to be getting on with over lockdown 2.0
  • KingOfSpain 6 Nov 2020 16:38:30 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    pyper777 wrote:
    25 years later and looks like I'm going to try painting miniatures again.
    This was my best from back then, most ended up ruined.
    Give that a quick Agrax Earthshade wash and it'd look great.

My philosophy is to keep it simple. Use every trick in the book if it means getting models on the table quickly that look great from 3 foot away! If that means drowning it in Agrax and finishing with a quick dry brush then so be it.
  • Flying_Pig 11 Nov 2020 23:04:34 16,788 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    HeroQuest remake is back on!!

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/heroquest-game-system

Edit: They'll only ship to the US or Canada!!! Nooooo :(

Edit 2: $1m crowdfunding target met
    Well, this closed at $3.8m funded, so it goes into production. Only 12 months to wait now...
  • Deleted user 17 November 2020 12:52:12
    Used to work for GW nearly 20 years ago and while I don't really game anymore I have recently gotten back into painting and modelling. This is the first figure I painted on my return last week after a few years break. One of those new fangled Stormcast Eternal's from Age of Sigmar

Edited by Aramil47 at 12:53:57 17-11-2020
  • Knighty 17 Nov 2020 12:54:58 1,177 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Thatís damned good, much better than me. Iíve got about 20 issues of storm cast and nighthaunt from the Age of Sigmar Maxine that I havenít even assembled, let alone painted. Dreading it!

Blood bowl coming in a couple of weeks to add to the pile of grey plastic. Eeeep.
  • Deleted user 17 November 2020 13:06:48
    Knighty wrote:
    Thatís damned good, much better than me. Iíve got about 20 issues of storm cast and nighthaunt from the Age of Sigmar Maxine that I havenít even assembled, let alone painted. Dreading it!

Blood bowl coming in a couple of weeks to add to the pile of grey plastic. Eeeep.
    Blood Bowl got re-released then? Nice.

A friend bought the new Necromunda. It's an amazing set, but lockdown kicked in before we got a chance to play it. :(
  • Deleted user 17 November 2020 13:11:28
    My kids enjoy playing board games with me and while I don't think they're ever going to get into 40k proper I did buy this for a bit of fun.

• KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 17:54:06 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got the new Blood Bowl on order. Its an amazing box and while a 85 quid box of plastic and cardboard should never be described as great value... It really is great value.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2020 17:59:20
    KingOfSpain wrote:
    Got the new Blood Bowl on order. Its an amazing box and while a 85 quid box of plastic and cardboard should never be described as great value... It really is great value.
    Is GW, or have they licensed it out?
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 17:59:52 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Oh and I've been busy painting these little fellas too.

EDIT - Image not working so adding a Twitter link

https://twitter.com/TheKingOfSpain/status/1327565529767358469?s=09

Edited by KingOfSpain at 18:27:20 18-11-2020
  • EMarkM 18 Nov 2020 18:01:08 5,344 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KingOfSpain wrote:
    Oooooooooh; niiiiiiiiiiiiice :)
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:06:46 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Aramil47

It's GW.

Its not massively different to the 2016 version, but if didn't need much updating.

They've split the Agility stat in 2 and they have a new passing stat. That makes sense and is a good change. Everything else is really minor.

I'm in a tabletop league with one of the playtesters. He's been playing the new version for nearly 2 years and he is 100% on board with all the changes.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2020 18:16:31
    @KingOfSpain

Cool. I may have to have a look, but currently have my eye on Necromunda.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2020 18:25:50
    KingOfSpain wrote:

They look great
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:27:36 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Aramil47

Necromunda is great. Some of the best models GW make. I'm currently painting up my Genestealer Cults to be used in a local 'munda campaign. Hopefully they'll be done before we're allowed to play games again.

If you like Necromunda, have you looked into Kill Team or War Cry? I've never played Warcry but I've only ever heard good things. Kill Team is also amazing and my favourite game.

The great thing about these skirmish games is that they can be played at home really easily. This is my Kill Team setup...Took a week to paint everything but now got a full table ready to play at home. No need to head to the local nerd den.

Edited by KingOfSpain at 18:30:24 18-11-2020
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:30:52 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Aramil47 wrote:
    KingOfSpain wrote:

They look great
    Thanks man!
  • Knighty 18 Nov 2020 18:32:24 1,177 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    How did he feel about the passing changes? I canít help itís nerfed some of the Elf teams, unless thereís something in the rules that brings them up again. It used to be the balancing factor that any player could dance thru, pick up and throw a clutch pass. Now you need that dedicated thrower (which Iím on board with as throwers have never been great value, but it does rather limit the effectiveness of those elven last minute plays).
    Not to mention splitting safe pass in two. No one ever picked it anyway!

They wonít even benefit much from the ClawPOMB nerf either (which to be fair did need nerfing).
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:40:23 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Knighty

I'm all for the changes.

Like you say the problem with the 2016 rules was there was rarely a need to bring a thrower. When a Gutter Runner can pass as well as a thrower, the question is...why bring a thrower at all. This new change means a player can be good a dodging while not being so good with their hands. It adds more decisions to the team building which is something BB really needed, especially with elf teams. I think the big last gasp throw will still be an option, but now you'll need to protect that thrower to make sure he's there and ready when needed. That's how it should be.

I'm mostly upset about the changes to Nurgle teams. They've butchered the Rotter who will now dodge on a 4+. I used to love a cheeky Rotter dodge!
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:42:02 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    One thing that will help the elf teams is the new Jump move where you can jump over a prone player. With their high Ag I wont be able to create nice neat roadblocks with my prone linemen!
  • Deleted user 18 November 2020 18:47:45
    KingOfSpain wrote:
    One thing that will help the elf teams is the new Jump move where you can jump over a prone player. With their high Ag I wont be able to create nice neat roadblocks with my prone linemen!
    Whats the official release date as I can only find the 2016 version?
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:50:23 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Aramil47

27/11

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Bowl-Second-Season-Edition-eng-2020
  • Knighty 18 Nov 2020 18:50:30 1,177 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yea people were saying nurgle were nerfed to the ground. Havenít really taken stock of that yet, I was never any good with them anyway.

Just a bit annoyed that my most preferred change of splitting dodge and block into offensive and defensive variations wasnít part of the changes. It would allow so much more variation - dwarf linemen only getting defensive block etc. Felt like a once in a generation chance to really change the meta. Block and dodge are just too ubiquitous on level up, I want to see crazy out there picks and players built around specific roles, which literally never happens when the first pick is block, and the second one is probably dodge.
  • KingOfSpain 18 Nov 2020 18:56:53 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Knighty

You're not wrong about Block and Dodge, but I think they have edged that way a bit. The brawler skill is interesting. Almost like a "half Block".

The big change that may mean seeing fewer Block and Dodge upgrades is the new random level up mechanic. If I had a shitty lineman gain a few SPP I could be tempted to go for a random skill rather than wait longer for a choice.

Maybe not for positionals but linemen might get a random skill more often. Especially in a shorter league format.

I can really see myself going for a loads of random Mutations with my Nurgle team, just to add to the craziness
  • Deleted user 18 November 2020 19:03:49
    KingOfSpain wrote:
    @Aramil47

27/11

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blood-Bowl-Second-Season-Edition-eng-2020
    Doh! Didn't think to go direct.

Thanks.

I might actually get this before Necromunda as it's cheaper.
  • Deleted user 18 November 2020 19:41:53
    Thought I'd share my current gallery on Cool Mini or Not. Easier than posting individually.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Gemini7673?browseid=10794851
  • KingOfSpain 19 Nov 2020 15:59:52 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Aramil47

Some really nice models there mate!
  • Deleted user 19 November 2020 16:10:19
    @KingOfSpain

Cheers. 😊

This is what I've currently under the brush. Will have him finished tonight.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81185&d=1605786193
  • Knighty 19 Nov 2020 17:21:59 1,177 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I never finish anything, so you are one up on me there! Looks great.
    I think an average team of 12 blood bowl players takes me about two months. Can only stomach painting 2 or 3 nights a week for an hour or so a time, just knackers me out having to concentrate late at night!
  • Deleted user 19 November 2020 17:53:14
    Knighty wrote:
    I never finish anything, so you are one up on me there! Looks great.
    I think an average team of 12 blood bowl players takes me about two months. Can only stomach painting 2 or 3 nights a week for an hour or so a time, just knackers me out having to concentrate late at night!
    I work lates. I'm a bit of a night owl and so my return to painting and modelling toy soldiers late at night has turned out to be perfect as no distractions.
  • KingOfSpain 19 Nov 2020 19:59:31 5,332 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I have two days off a week where the kids are at school and the wife at work.

These are the days I put some serious painting time in.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.