Stephen King Page 9

Next Last
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 4 Apr 2017 19:20:38 3,953 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wasn't the original ending already changed from the book? It has been more than a decde since I read or watched It but I recall differences...
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Apr 2017 19:23:11 20,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He really struggles with endings. No doubt iíve whinged about it somewhere earlier in this thread, but itís such a huge problem in all his books. Heís brilliant at creating situations and moods, does great characters, but he just canít put a bow on it.
  • wuntyate 4 Apr 2017 20:12:29 14,926 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The book ending is off its tits. Giant space turtles? The macroverse? Deadlights? Gang rape? Ritual of Chud? Eggs?

Nah, you're alright Stephen. Should have stuck with the clown big man.
  • wuntyate 4 Apr 2017 20:15:56 14,926 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    It'll be the same as the other one. Cracking first half when kids. So-so second and you can't change that ending...
    Only the second film isnt guaranteed at this point from what I gather. Be better if they left all the adult stuff out anyway as its part framing device part rehash. The adults are also incredibly unlikable for some reason and are terribly written in the book. "Beep beep Richie" every two bloody lines.

Adults crap. Ending crap. Yet the bulk of the book still manages to be utterly excellent.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.