The all-new Premier League thread Page 7528

• Frogofdoom 7 Mar 2018 07:37:16 8,590 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing the without that player you would be game is stupid, he is our player currently. You can pull players from any team and weaken them but its pointless as its not reality.
  • SolidSCB 7 Mar 2018 08:18:47 10,241 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Things have changed, significantly for the better compared to last season. But because we're not up there with City on 172 points we are for some reason talked about as if we're in crisis. It's mad.
    It’s a bit disingenuous to keep suggesting the only thing stopping you winning the league is a special City side. You’re almost closer to Burnley than you are to City in terms of points, and your position in second is highly precarious. You could easily finish below Spurs and Liverpool and a couple of bad results will put you out the top four again.
    I'm not suggesting we'd have won the league, but had City had a 'normal' season we'd have certainly been in the title race, along with Liverpool and Spurs. There's nothing to guarantee we won't finish bottom of that pile, but at present we are not.
  • Dougs 7 Mar 2018 08:33:53 85,761 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    askew wrote:
    ‘Languishing'
    We dream of languishing!
  • Deleted user 7 March 2018 10:02:42
    jesus christ the last couple of pages are boring
  • QotSAfan 7 Mar 2018 11:07:44 2,318 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Things have changed, significantly for the better compared to last season. But because we're not up there with City on 172 points we are for some reason talked about as if we're in crisis. It's mad.
    It’s a bit disingenuous to keep suggesting the only thing stopping you winning the league is a special City side. You’re almost closer to Burnley than you are to City in terms of points, and your position in second is highly precarious. You could easily finish below Spurs and Liverpool and a couple of bad results will put you out the top four again.
    I'm not suggesting we'd have won the league, but had City had a 'normal' season we'd have certainly been in the title race, along with Liverpool and Spurs. There's nothing to guarantee we won't finish bottom of that pile, but at present we are not.
    If history is anything to go by, City are only going to get better. This may be the new normal as long as Pep is here.
  • Blakester 7 Mar 2018 11:21:02 4,442 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Semi-interesting rumours circulating this morning about the impact across the squad of the astronomical wages being paid to some of Arsenal's marquee players.

On current performance, the £350K per week Ozil is picking up seems like a crime worthy of investigation by the Met. The £200K and £180K pw being picked up by Obameyang and Mikhitarian is only slightly less obscene. Little wonder the rest of the squad have had their feathers ruffled a tad. If Wenger walks, that's an almighty mess for the next manager to inherit.
  • Dougs 7 Mar 2018 11:47:38 85,761 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Meh. No different to every other big club imo. It's a marked departure for Arsenal, but when you're struggling and don't have CL football, paying big bucks is the only way to attract big players. There was always going to be an uplift for everyone else as a result.
  • Dougs 7 Mar 2018 11:48:09 85,761 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    null wrote:
    jesus christ the last couple of pages are boring
    You're boring. So nerr.
  • reddevil93 7 Mar 2018 15:24:05 14,471 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mark Ogden with ESPN reporting Arsenal are eyeing up Low as Wenger’s replacement. He’s usually fairly accurate on United related matters but no idea what his track record is with Arsenal.

Would be an interesting move for sure but taking on someone who hasn’t worked in club management since 2004 seems like a big risk.
  • Stickman 7 Mar 2018 15:27:40 29,987 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He was on that list already, wasn’t he?
  • Frogofdoom 7 Mar 2018 15:39:18 8,590 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Isn't his club management record terrible as well?

Arsenal could do with someone like Simeone if they could convince him as he builds his teams to be defensively solid before anything else. Arsenal fans may not like it though as its not always pretty.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 15:39:39 07-03-2018
  • reddevil93 7 Mar 2018 15:47:01 14,471 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    He was on that list already, wasn’t he?
    I didn't know there was a known list to be honest. I had just heard random talk of Rodgers, Jardim and Tuschel mostly.

I wonder would Arsenal fans rather win the EL if it meant another year of Wenger or get knocked out and be sure of getting rid of him.
  • HarryPalmer 7 Mar 2018 15:48:05 5,488 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Win. Fairly confident getting rid of Wenger would achieve little.
  • HarryPalmer 7 Mar 2018 15:48:06 5,488 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SolidSCB 7 Mar 2018 15:59:15 10,241 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Simeone would get butchered over here at present.

"I don't give a shit if we're comfortably in the Champions League places and still in all the cups, how dare he try and stop the opposition from scoring as much.
  • Dougs 7 Mar 2018 16:23:54 85,761 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Snowflake!
  • THFourteen 7 Mar 2018 16:25:20 48,573 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Low?? Could we not even spring for Lowe??? fucking cheap clueless bastards
  • SolidSCB 7 Mar 2018 16:37:48 10,241 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moyes will be looking for work by then. Now there's a safe pair of hands.
  • askew 7 Mar 2018 17:02:07 16,795 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The chosen one.
  • GarlVinland 7 Mar 2018 17:25:42 3,193 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At this point the Wenger situation is so pitiable I just want him to achieve something, anything so he can bow out with dignity. :( Don't want to see him fired before that, and besides it will take years to turn this ship around and noone will be winning the league so long as Pep is around so I can wait.
  • THFourteen 7 Mar 2018 18:21:08 48,573 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Arsenal Supporters' Trust are set to meet with chief executive Ivan Gazidis this weekend to present findings of a survey in which 88% of fans who voted want the club to sack manager Wenger this summer.

Fucking morons.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2018 19:12:23
    Sam Allardyce wants to be 'long-term appointment'

lol
  • Dougs 8 Mar 2018 20:16:26 85,761 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    The Arsenal Supporters' Trust are set to meet with chief executive Ivan Gazidis this weekend to present findings of a survey in which 88% of fans who voted want the club to sack manager Wenger this summer.

Fucking morons.
    Especially as it was about 400 people.
  • Boriska 8 Mar 2018 20:25:10 665 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Fucking morons.
    If you did the entire fan base do you think the results would be massively different?
  • David_Richardson 8 Mar 2018 20:37:46 1,091 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Fucking morons.
    What do you think would be a more representative percentage from anecdotal evidence?

Edit: Genuinely asking, not contesting anything. The last few pages have shown how sensitive you football types are...

Edited by David_Richardson at 20:40:12 08-03-2018
  • THFourteen 8 Mar 2018 20:49:57 48,573 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It wasn’t the percentage I took issue with, it was the whole idea of “hey Gazidis here are some results from a survey”

I mean Jesus wept who do the AST think they are.
  • Dougs 8 Mar 2018 20:53:43 85,761 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Fair point too.

I think a more representative sample would show the majority wanted him gone but not that high. I reckon maybe 65%, tops. There are loads of people who don't surround themselves with the social media circus and just go to games because that's all they've ever done. I suspect until this season, most of those were quite happy for him to continue.
  • nickthegun 8 Mar 2018 20:56:01 74,075 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Boriska wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Fucking morons.
    If you did the entire fan base do you think the results would be massively different?
    That is the whole fan base. The rest are Chinese tourists
  • David_Richardson 8 Mar 2018 20:58:31 1,091 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Fair point too.

I think a more representative sample would show the majority wanted him gone but not that high. I reckon maybe 65%, tops. There are loads of people who don't surround themselves with the social media circus and just go to games because that's all they've ever done. I suspect until this season, most of those were quite happy for him to continue.
    Just out of interest, what do you think the percentage would be for purely long-term season ticket holders?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.