The all-new Premier League thread Page 7796

  • You-can-call-me-kal 8 Jan 2019 17:26:33 13,389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No way Eriksen will go this window. Hopefully a couple of clubs want him in the summer. PSG also interested as well as Real. Hed fit in well at Barca too. With luck we can get some competing bids.
  • Kay 8 Jan 2019 17:27:59 19,817 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Yeah, they scrapped that this year. Barmy rule.
    Typical that they scrapped it the year after it could have come in very handy for us. Ah well.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jan 2019 18:34:21 8,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Newcastle U23s vs Sunderland's actual first team in the Carabou Cup tonight

    Bants are flying
  • askew 8 Jan 2019 18:54:49 18,227 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Caribou Cup.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Jan 2019 19:41:05 8,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Verypoo more like if
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Jan 2019 19:53:23 4,303 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    It's called the EDL Cup now
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Jan 2019 00:39:52 8,801 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sunderland won 4-0

    All reports are that it really was men against boys.
  • Baihu1983 9 Jan 2019 10:19:36 10,634 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spurs ground won't be ready till near the end of February at the earliest.
  • The-Bodybuilder 9 Jan 2019 11:59:32 17,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anyone know any reasons why there aren't any TV rights for the u23s "PL 2"?
    It's no PL, but I can imagine a decent number would like to watch the reserves team on tv.
  • TheSaint 9 Jan 2019 12:07:42 18,222 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I noticed our PL2 game was streaming on Youtube the other night. Maybe other teams are doing the same.
  • SnackPlissken 9 Jan 2019 12:10:16 606 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I haven't watched for years, but I know Arsenal stream their games through their website.
  • askew 10 Jan 2019 08:56:21 18,227 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ramsey is actually going to Juventus. 🤔
  • Mr_Sleep 10 Jan 2019 09:02:58 22,049 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @TheSaint yep, the Villa u23s are on YouTube.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Jan 2019 09:07:40 17,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    I noticed our PL2 game was streaming on Youtube the other night. Maybe other teams are doing the same.
    I think clubs in general stream games themselves, but I'd love a general single channel that carries the rights and all the other production shows around it (in the spotlight of particular players, behind the scenes of academies, etc.)

    I think there's a clear appetite for this, but for some reason there's nothing. No offence, but I imagine such a tv right would get more viewership than women's football, or even those random foreign leagues.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Jan 2019 09:09:10 17,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    askew wrote:
    Ramsey is actually going to Juventus. 🤔
    280k before tax, plus a bunch of other bonuses that take him to about 300k.

    We deffo can't afford that.
  • JoelStinty 10 Jan 2019 09:24:10 7,131 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Spurs ground won't be ready till near the end of February at the earliest.
    For the first time i think i have accepted that it be next season now.

    Seems they are having real problems with getting the Fire Systems working properly.
  • Dougs 10 Jan 2019 09:26:18 87,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Ramsey is actually going to Juventus. 🤔
    280k before tax, plus a bunch of other bonuses that take him to about 300k.

    We deffo can't afford that.
    I think he was ready to sign a deal at a bit less than that, but we pulled the plug after deciding we probably need to invest that in other (multiple) areas of the team. It's a shame, as I love him as a player but I can see the logic in letting him go.
  • SnackPlissken 10 Jan 2019 09:31:07 606 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Emery wants Denis Suarez
  • Dougs 10 Jan 2019 09:32:21 87,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Carrasco is the other name being bandied about. I know little of either of them, but D Suarez' stats don't pull up any trees
  • robc84 10 Jan 2019 09:32:22 13,036 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Spurs ground won't be ready till near the end of February at the earliest.
    For the first time i think i have accepted that it be next season now.

    Seems they are having real problems with getting the Fire Systems working properly.
    As a non season ticket holder, it would make sense to me now just swallow their pride and defer it to next season, giving plenty of time to get everything sorted.

    I suppose people actually travelling to the games probably feel differently though.
  • Dougs 10 Jan 2019 09:34:15 87,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I do genuinely feel there is now an issue with the integrity of the competition if Spurs are allowed to move mid-season though. MP has already said it will give them a boost - it wouldn't be a level-playing field for all 19 clubs that play away at Spurs.
  • SnackPlissken 10 Jan 2019 09:36:24 606 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Carrasco is the other name being bandied about. I know little of either of them, but D Suarez' stats don't pull up any trees
    I read that he was influential in their Sevilla run to the cup. Not sure if it a bollocks comment or not.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 10 Jan 2019 09:37:49 13,389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The sooner we move in the better imo. Wembley is getting increasingly toxic. There's a reason our away record far better than our 'home' one this season. We're just about making it work but even if it's just for the last month of the season, I think it could give us a boost.

    I think all the stats around how teams suffer when they move into new stadiums are moot for us, as it's a completely different situation.
  • askew 10 Jan 2019 09:44:33 18,227 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Ramsey is actually going to Juventus. 🤔
    280k before tax, plus a bunch of other bonuses that take him to about 300k.

    We deffo can't afford that.
    I think he was ready to sign a deal at a bit less than that, but we pulled the plug after deciding we probably need to invest that in other (multiple) areas of the team. It's a shame, as I love him as a player but I can see the logic in letting him go.
    Again, shit work from the club not getting a sum for him last summer when he was playing hardball.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 10 Jan 2019 09:49:22 13,389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think to be fair to Arsenal that's a hard thing to do. We were trying to shift Toby last summer for similar reasons, but most clubs would rather wait a year to get them for free. Plus the player (and the agent) will also push for that as it's going to mean far higher wages.
  • SnackPlissken 10 Jan 2019 09:51:40 606 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    askew wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Ramsey is actually going to Juventus. 🤔
    280k before tax, plus a bunch of other bonuses that take him to about 300k.

    We deffo can't afford that.
    I think he was ready to sign a deal at a bit less than that, but we pulled the plug after deciding we probably need to invest that in other (multiple) areas of the team. It's a shame, as I love him as a player but I can see the logic in letting him go.
    Again, shit work from the club not getting a sum for him last summer when he was playing hardball.
    Maybe. But remember an offer was on the table, and he wasn't signing. Were there clubs interested in him knowing that he'll go for free next summer? I think it's more down to a Wenger era issue of him not signing a contract so it didn't get to this last year deal, than something the new staff are having to deal with. Also if we agree to signing a big contract for him, and he's not really in our plans. Do we then put him on the transfer list, with the knowledge that teams know he's on X wages and will turn their noses up at that figure like Carl Jenkinson... lol.
  • Dougs 10 Jan 2019 10:04:28 87,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I think to be fair to Arsenal that's a hard thing to do. We were trying to shift Toby last summer for similar reasons, but most clubs would rather wait a year to get them for free. Plus the player (and the agent) will also push for that as it's going to mean far higher wages.
    Yeah, it is difficult - especially last season with so many changes at the the club at Exec level as well as Managerial. The failure was not to sell with 2 years left. Hard to take but little choice given where the power rests - if you wait, the player has even more power to either take it into the last year or demand bigger wages (like Ozil), all the while whilst losing value for sell on. We've been terrible at that.
  • souvlaki 10 Jan 2019 10:26:10 876 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I do genuinely feel there is now an issue with the integrity of the competition if Spurs are allowed to move mid-season though. MP has already said it will give them a boost - it wouldn't be a level-playing field for all 19 clubs that play away at Spurs.
    Some poor Watford fans are still trying to get out of Milton Keynes car park after the League cup game last year :(
  • H1ggyLTD 10 Jan 2019 11:03:54 11,236 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Carrasco is hugely talented.

    Not sure Spurs should be allowed to move until the summer now.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Jan 2019 11:57:39 17,482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Ramsey is actually going to Juventus. 🤔
    280k before tax, plus a bunch of other bonuses that take him to about 300k.

    We deffo can't afford that.
    I think he was ready to sign a deal at a bit less than that, but we pulled the plug after deciding we probably need to invest that in other (multiple) areas of the team. It's a shame, as I love him as a player but I can see the logic in letting him go.
    Oh yeah, our offer was 250k. I agree, shame to let him go, but I agree that I understand it.

    If Raul was in place earlier, I imagine he would've tried to sell him last summer. But Gaz was still hanging around like a fart and it was his offer, and Ramsey kinda messed up in taking too long to sign it.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.