Following The all-new Premier League thread Page 8145

  • DakeyrasUK 1 Dec 2019 20:13:18 3,273 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    So a team thats won 5 games is 5th.What an absolute joke our league is 😂
    Doesnít that just mean the league is competitive from top to bottom? Iíve never understood why people think thatís the mark of a joke league, as opposed to a league with 18 shit teams and two good ones.
    Exactly this.
  • its-H1ggyLTD 1 Dec 2019 20:16:39 672 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Amazon games on in the boozer?
  • SolidSCB 1 Dec 2019 20:18:40 11,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Let's be honest here, everyone outside the top 4 have been utter shit. It's not a sign of anything other than everyone outside the top 4 being utter shit. A few of the lesser clubs are doing a tidy job of mopping up while others fail spectacularly so it's obviously a slight exaggeration, but let's not kid ourselves that we're getting total football in 9 out of 10 games every week. Even the team miles ahead at the top of the table are slutching to narrow wins every week, hardly setting the world alight.
  • Deleted user 1 December 2019 20:23:00
    It is reminiscent of that season Leicester won it. Everyone seems to be in transition, punching above their weight or cack. Hopefully they win it again.

    Although maybe it is time for another plucky underdog like jurgeys reds to win it.
  • Blackmarsh63 1 Dec 2019 20:54:34 2,712 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal How the fuck is it competitive. The title race is over well before Christmas.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 1 Dec 2019 21:01:07 18,216 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    To your point, the teams from fifth downwards are obviously competing closely hence the distribution of wins.

    I do get that lots of big teams are underperforming this season but we have the most competitive league from top to bottom season to season. By the end of this season assuming Liverpool do it weíll have had five different teams win in ten years. Can any other league claim that?
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 1 Dec 2019 21:55:55 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @You-can-call-me-kal How the fuck is it competitive. The title race is over well before Christmas.
    Thatís what they said last year
  • DakeyrasUK 1 Dec 2019 22:29:44 3,273 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Liverpool are top but have narrowly won a fair few of our games against the teams in the 6 pts seperating 5th from 17th.

    Any team can beat any team has never been truer if you ask me. Villa nearly beat Liverpool, they were better than united today but in the end only got a draw by salvaging a point.

    City have been untouchable the past two seasons but so far this season they are aiming for a tally of 79pts.

    Sure I get that fewer teams seem consistently capable of making winning runs, but having now witnessed 4(?) dodgy wins in a row for liverpool, I am getting more convinced it isn't because the league is evenly shit and well matched, but evenly good and well matched.
  • LoneWolf80 1 Dec 2019 22:30:16 28 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    "Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what heís done since heís come in. Let him sign the contract Oleís at the wheel man, heís doing it, heís doing his thing. Man United are back."
  • DakeyrasUK 1 Dec 2019 22:31:16 3,273 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LoneWolf80 wrote:
    "Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what heís done since heís come in. Let him sign the contract Oleís at the wheel man, heís doing it, heís doing his thing. Man United are back."
    Rio Ferdinand after the psg win right?
  • Youthist 1 Dec 2019 22:35:42 13,937 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    Liverpool are top but have narrowly won a fair few of our games against the teams in the 6 pts seperating 5th from 17th.

    Any team can beat any team has never been truer if you ask me. Villa nearly beat Liverpool, they were better than united today but in the end only got a draw by salvaging a point.

    City have been untouchable the past two seasons but so far this season they are aiming for a tally of 79pts.

    Sure I get that fewer teams seem consistently capable of making winning runs, but having now witnessed 4(?) dodgy wins in a row for liverpool, I am getting
    more convinced it isn't because the league is evenly shit and well matched, but evenly good and well matched.
    Jesus you are already putting the markers in place for when the choke come! Surely not even Liverpool can shit the bed from this position.
  • DakeyrasUK 1 Dec 2019 22:42:54 3,273 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eh? I'm not putting markers down. Liverpool by all rights should now win the league. We have lost one of the last 52 games and need to draw a lot of the next 24 or lose 3/4 of them with city/Leicester winning all 24.

    Seems very unlikely.

    That said, a couple more injuries, a freak red card and two losses in a row could happen in the next month and all will be looking different.
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Dec 2019 22:48:37 8,551 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    Eh? I'm not putting markers down. Liverpool by all rights should now win the league. We have lost one of the last 52 games and need to draw a lot of the next 24 or lose 3/4 of them with city/Leicester winning all 24.

    Seems very unlikely.

    That said, a couple more injuries, a freak red card and two losses in a row could happen in the next month and all will be looking different.
    Pretty sure if Liverpool have 3 more losses than Leicester going forward then they lose the title. Not 3/4 of them
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Dec 2019 22:50:20 8,551 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh wait 😂😂😂 you meant 3 or 4 not 3/4ís.

    Excuse me for being a fucking idiot.
  • DakeyrasUK 1 Dec 2019 22:58:32 3,273 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You're excused lol.
  • azurelas_2 2 Dec 2019 02:33:58 1,943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @You-can-call-me-kal

    I'm still not convinced. Every time I watch him play he just seems so ineffective. I could be wrong though.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 09:54:24
    DakeyrasUK wrote:

    got a draw by salvaging a point.

    :D
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 09:57:19
    And Villa weren't better. In every stat united were superior, got put on the back foot by an largely unsaveable shot and a bit of naivety by Williams to keep mings onside.

    Not much better than villa, but clearly better, unless you're a blinkered spanner Liverpool fan like Dickey.
  • General_Martok 2 Dec 2019 09:57:23 952 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yesterday's draw means I think Ole will be gone by the new year now, maybe by the end of the week. :(

    We really need to beat Spurs and City and that's not going to happen.

    3 to 4 transfer windows my arse.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 10:02:05
    Bar Pogba and McTominay coming back for both games and having a massive impact, which is unlikely, I think Ole is fucked this week.

    Spurs I can see being a draw or a narrow Jose away win. I can't see us winning based on the last 2 results.

    We pretty much always lose to City, so that will be that for Ole.

    Backpage of the sunday newspapers. I bet they're writing it in advance.

    Edited by Joyless_Man at 10:02:17 02-12-2019
  • SolidSCB 2 Dec 2019 10:17:17 11,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Frighteningly, I think he'll get until the end of the season no matter how badly he does. For Woodward to hastily sign him up to a contract after the PSG game last season and then have to fire him mere months later would be a staggering show of incompetence in his part. Something he absolutely would not own up to.
  • General_Martok 2 Dec 2019 10:17:42 952 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That should also be that for Pereira and Fred. Maybe not Fred seeing as we lack options but definitely for Pereira.

    He's had his shot and failed miserably. Time for him to go to Spain and become a world class player.
  • General_Martok 2 Dec 2019 10:18:20 952 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Frighteningly, I think he'll get until the end of the season no matter how badly he does. For Woodward to hastily sign him up to a contract after the PSG game last season and then have to fire him mere months later would be a staggering show of incompetence in his part. Something he absolutely would not own up to.
    That fuckwit needs sacking , but that's never going to happen.

    Edit: Not "too" cause Ole doesn't deserve to be sacked :p

    Edited by General_Martok at 10:19:01 02-12-2019
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 10:24:20
    Fred has been half decent. But that's about his max level.

    I don't think Ole will last the season. At the rate we're going we will be close to bottom 3 at Xmas.

    I reckon bar 2 wins this week he will be toast. Letting Potch go somewhere else would be pretty stupid.

    So that's exactly what will happen no doubt.
  • SolidSCB 2 Dec 2019 10:27:20 11,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Again, no one is going to come in here and win the league the next season. The structure just isn't there for a manager to succeed at the moment. Poch should be laughing his fucking head off at us if we approch him, he can do so much better.

    However that shouldn't deflect from the fact that Ole is doing a fucking abysmal job. We don't have a league winning squad yet but we've also got some genuinely brilliant players who should be doing better. There are any number of managers out there who could be doing a better job of coaching these guys and getting better results.

    If he wasn't a club legend he'd be getting fucking slated as one of the worst managers of a big club in the modern era. I think his win percentage as permanent manager is somewhere around 27%, which is absolutely appalling no matter how much hand waving, mentioning youth and looking to the future you want to do.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 10:33:47
    If there's a manager out there who can make Pereira kick a ball 5 yards and reach his man, or make Fred hit a shot on target, or make Martial do more than a gentle jog when off the ball then sign him up.
  • nickthegun 2 Dec 2019 10:37:42 79,448 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Joyless_Man wrote:
    Fred has been half decent. But that's about his max level.
    50m *really* doesnít go far these days.
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 10:40:33
    nickthegun wrote:
    Joyless_Man wrote:
    Fred has been half decent. But that's about his max level.
    50m *really* doesnít go far these days.
    Tell me about it.

    Apparently even his teammates at Shakhtar were all looking at each other like 'have united got the wrong Fred?' because they all thought he was plain average.

    It's fairly damning on the state of our midfield that he is currently our top boy.
  • nickthegun 2 Dec 2019 10:45:46 79,448 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If his name had been Fred Smith and heíd been born in Barnsley and so on and so forth..
  • Deleted user 2 December 2019 10:52:03
    I do feel sorry for him. You can't set your own price, and he has really been trying hard this season.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.