DVD Crave

• st3ph3n 9 Nov 2002 12:20:11 2,833 posts
    Seen 11 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    What are DVD crave like as far as getting customs raping my packages when they send?

For anyone that doesn't know then - they have a GC game plus wavebird for 40 + Shipping (either 7 or 10 depending on your pref), but I've never ordered from them before and don't know if their packages tend to get tagged by customs or not.

I know some places don't send the invoice in the box, so customs can't do you usually.
  • Khab 10 Nov 2002 21:20:05 6,583 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I think otto mumbled something about them being good with that, but you might want to confirm that. :)
  • st3ph3n 11 Nov 2002 15:11:55 2,833 posts
    Seen 11 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yes, Otto has bought from them if I am not mistaken, maybe he would be kind enough to detail his experience with them.
  • ToxicTed 11 Nov 2002 15:23:05 114 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I have used them twice over the last month, and can really recommend them. Speedy delivery, but most importantly: they mark their packages as 'Gift'. And the value of the package really low (AUS$ 30). The result: package breezing through customs, no worries mate!

Before I ordered the first time (after reading something by Otto), I wrote an e-mail and asked how they do these things. This is the answer I got:

If you order one game or accessory at a time we mark the package at $30.00 AUD and it should sail through customs. Larger orders that need to be insured cannot be sent like this, so it is best to keep the orders small.

They do this automatically, but you can always mention in the Comments field when placing the order. But the trick is: only one game/accessory at a time.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2002 15:34:27
    Fraud and conspiracy to defraud are criminal offences.
  • ToxicTed 11 Nov 2002 15:39:49 114 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Well, the prices of games here in Norway are also criminal offences. If I can pay the half the price by ordering from Australia, I'll gladly commit a 'criminal offense'.
  • otto Moderator 28 May 2007 11:16:19 49,322 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Sorry fellas, not been around much today - took a sickie first day back to install my GF3 and give Doshin a go - both first class experiences, heh... ;)

My experience with DVD Crave has been 100% positive. Very low prices, very swift service and cunningly packaged to divert the attention of customs. I'd warmly recommend them. I've bought four things off em so far - three GBA games and one for Cube. Excellent.

I should add that their envelopes are hand-written, no labels, with stamps not franked, and marked as 'gifts', so any customs people taking an unhealthy interest in that have got to have too much time on their hands.

Edited by otto at 17:09:14 11-11-2002

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.