Following Automatic Watches - Accuracy Page 17

Next Last
  • docrob 14 Jan 2020 19:01:16 1,269 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have a Raymond Weil Freelancer which is meant to be self-winding. It tends to lose a minute or two each week. This is bloody annoying, but I think itís because I canít wear it at work and so it has long periods of not being moved about.
  • elstoof 14 Jan 2020 19:09:09 24,808 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Is it called a freelancer because it costs twice as much and only works half the time

Edited by elstoof at 19:09:22 14-01-2020
  • gamingdave 14 Jan 2020 21:13:45 4,853 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    I have a Raymond Weil Freelancer which is meant to be self-winding. It tends to lose a minute or two each week. This is bloody annoying, but I think itís because I canít wear it at work and so it has long periods of not being moved about.
    Try leaving it in different positions, face-up, face-down, or on either side, and see if that makes a difference, you may be able to get the loss down a little. And you could give it a couple of winds in the morning to boost the power reserve.

Best option would be just to by a watch winder, you can get a cheap one and should see it keep better time. If it's still loosing more than a few seconds a day after that, then it may be due a service (or at least a quick regulating).
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.