The UK General Politics Thread Page 965

• whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:10:38 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Jimmy Saville would call those rookie numbers.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:12:24 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Has Yaxley- Gammon recently changed his name to Sara Rowbotham
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:13:37 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    UsernamePending wrote:
    Why do race baiting idiots have to make everything about race?
    Was that rhetorical?
    You haven't answered my question Mrs Tom.
    It was my question you've not answered. The question you asked wasn't directed at me. I felt your question might apply to you - perhaps not as an idiot, but certainly as a race baiter.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jun 2018 16:14:46 7,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well in the SNP for making a show of it at PMQs

Too much of whats been going on has been about the moribund lumbering and cowardly party management triangulation of the big two parties that hopefully this gets some attention paid to the fact that there are interests beyond Westminster gamesmanship that need considering.
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:14:51 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

Seems tiny compared to this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10407559
    But do any societies have global authority?
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:16:16 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    UsernamePending wrote:
    For me it is cultural identities that are more important than national ones. As a European traveller, I find their cultures remarkably similar to British culture. They have certain identity traits that define them (or not for the Belgians) that signify their diversity.
    Wait are you saying Belgians have no identity?
    They have at least 2 and they seem a bit adversarial. Sorry for any offence caused!
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:16:21 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    You are a race baiting idiot. Or do you want to define what a race and idiot are before waffling that racism is I quote "measuring social utility by their race."
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:17:37 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @UsernamePending I said no you simpering twat.
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:18:09 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You are a race baiting idiot. Or do you want to define what a race and idiot are before waffling that racism is I quote "measuring social utility by their race."
    If you are making the accusation, you should be responsible for establishing definitions.
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:19:12 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry to simper, but what did you say no to?
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:19:23 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    What the fuck are you talking about? I'm quoting you.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:20:23 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Or are you switching between so many socks that you have forgotten which ones have told which lies?
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:20:48 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What the fuck are you talking about? I'm quoting you.
    Are you disagreeing with my definitions? Why not just come out and say it. Maybe you could say why too. Perhaps you could offer something better.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:21:07 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    UsernamePending wrote:
    Sorry to simper, but what did you say no to?
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:22:31 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Or are you switching between so many socks that you have forgotten which ones have told which lies?
    I do sense paranoia. Maybe it's the rate of posting. Maybe it's the not identifying. I'm not wearing any socks.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:23:12 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Let's start with the term racism which as you stated "judging of one's social utility based on their race"

Lets use

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:24:18 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago

No. That makes not a jot of sense. You can't answer a "why" with a "no" and expect others to understand you.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:25:05 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    UsernamePending wrote:

No. That makes not a jot of sense. You can't answer a "why" with a "no" and expect others to understand you.
    You asked if it was rhetorical I said no. It was a question.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2018 16:27:00 23,683 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cultist wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I get the impression you're a Scottish nationalist Armoured Bear. I bet you voted Yes in the independence referendum, which makes you just as bad (if not worse) than leave voters with your right wing nationalistic, isolationist political views
    I wasn't eligible to vote and your post is nonsensical, clearly just trolling and to be ignored.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:27:24 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Cultist wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I get the impression you're a Scottish nationalist Armoured Bear. I bet you voted Yes in the independence referendum, which makes you just as bad (if not worse) than leave voters with your right wing nationalistic, isolationist political views
    Whats the difference between a social revolution and a political one?
  • brokenkey 13 Jun 2018 16:27:39 9,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Well in the SNP for making a show of it at PMQs

Too much of whats been going on has been about the moribund lumbering and cowardly party management triangulation of the big two parties that hopefully this gets some attention paid to the fact that there are interests beyond Westminster gamesmanship that need considering.
    Good try, but PendingUsername has already pointed out that there's no real cultural difference between the Scots and rest of Britain, so this is just rubbish behaviour by the SNP.
  • Fake_Blood 13 Jun 2018 16:28:05 8,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UsernamePending wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    UsernamePending wrote:
    For me it is cultural identities that are more important than national ones. As a European traveller, I find their cultures remarkably similar to British culture. They have certain identity traits that define them (or not for the Belgians) that signify their diversity.
    Wait are you saying Belgians have no identity?
    They have at least 2 and they seem a bit adversarial. Sorry for any offence caused!
    Well I have to grant you that. Expect a lot of Belgium in the news after the elections in October.
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:31:45 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Let's start with the term racism which as you stated "judging of one's social utility based on their race"

Lets use

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."
    Why?
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2018 16:32:00 23,683 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cultist wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cultist wrote:
    I wasn't eligible to vote and your post is nonsensical, clearly just trolling and to be ignored.
    Why were you not allowed to vote? Did you agree with the Yes side though? Do you want independence and do you support the Scottish NATIONALIST party?
    Do you know anything about the politics of the SNP or independence supporters?
    Clearly not.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Jun 2018 16:35:33 1,203 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    UsernamePending wrote:

Lets use

Why?
    Because the first is the words of a simpering moron and the second is the basis for the legal test which is shared by wider society. So moron or wider society?
  • UsernamePending 13 Jun 2018 16:41:35 445 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UsernamePending wrote:

Lets use

Why?
    Because the first is the words of a simpering moron and the second is the basis for the legal test which is shared by wider society. So moron or wider society?
    No, you picked the secondary definition from a lazy google search for word definitions. The main one is this:

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

For proper legal definitions, you should really look here:
    https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/racist-and-religious-hate-crime-prosecution-guidance

You can't tell me how your Google secondary definition differs from my more succinct one, or why you didn't use the primary one. I understand why you have to use insults to make your words seem more assured.

Edited by UsernamePending at 16:42:09 13-06-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.