Registered 5 years ago
    Does this stink of Bannon?

Seems a bit too much of a coincidence.
  • thelzdking 8 Aug 2018 13:35:55 8,369 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Plus the population are too thick/lazy to understand the electoral system as it is, so they buy the Labour/Tory/media line that electoral reform is unnecessary and potentially harmful.

Fuckwitted cunts who deserve every shite government they get
    I kind of think that if you scratch the surface it's not too dissimilar to the UK.

If a Syrian refugee boat showed up in Auckland harbor the country would go into meltdown. The country bought into a load of shit about a"Rock Star Economy" the reality is it's a massive housing bubble. The idea that the National party are good for the economy and Labour willsend us into bankruptcy.

Still the weather is nice and you can get a pie on every corner!
    Yeah, the economy is incredibly lopsided, and I'm sure you're right about refugees, but there isn't the same inertia and the nostalgia doesn't seem so toxic. But then I'm a relative newcomer so I've got a relatively rosy view ATM.

In Wellington, so the weather isn't that great. Good pies though, better than in the UK. Plus Foxton Fizz.
  • disusedgenius 8 Aug 2018 13:39:37 9,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I'm genuinely terrified he'll join UKIP and further legitimise them.
    I doubt he'll ever be PM if he does that and I don't see him wanting to put a cap on his career achievements.

More likely he's trying to follow the Corbyn template - invigorate the forgotten grassroots of the party to boost membership, instil a cult of personality and ride that to Number 10 in the wake of a fucked up Brexit.
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Aug 2018 13:40:52 7,241 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, hell never be PM.

It's Rees-Mogg's turn.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 13:41:14 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    More likely he's trying to follow the Corbyn template - invigorate the forgotten grassroots of the party to boost membership, instil a cult of personality and ride that to Number 10 in the wake of a fucked up Brexit.
    This is absolutely it isn't it?

Right down the MPs generally not being super pally with him.
  • monkman76 8 Aug 2018 13:41:44 13,243 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Yeah, hell never be PM.

It's Rees-Mogg's turn.
    First move - rename the UK to the United Realm of Britannia.
  • disusedgenius 8 Aug 2018 13:45:41 9,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, hell never be PM.

It's Rees-Mogg's turn.
    From what I read in Guido there's next to no chance he'd make it through their selection process. Boris is the only potential Tory leader that doesn't poll negatively, at last count at least.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Aug 2018 13:49:18 3,474 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Decks wrote:
    Nah I don't think it's a gaff. He knows exactly what he's doing the slimey cunt that he is.
  • nickthegun 8 Aug 2018 13:52:37 74,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I'm genuinely terrified he'll join UKIP and further legitimise them.
    I doubt he'll ever be PM if he does that and I don't see him wanting to put a cap on his career achievements.
    It depends if you count a big wheelbarrow of money a 'career achievement'.

A shiny penny on him weathering this and becoming more and more of a right wing soundbite machine until Brexit.

Whatever flavour of Brexit we end up with will suddenly become 'not his vision' and *poof* over to UKIP he goes where he can do and say whatever plays well with the rubes and eventually join the lucrative fascist media circuit.
  • Jono62 8 Aug 2018 14:04:56 20,462 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Where's Randolph Carter to offer 'balance'
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Aug 2018 14:08:58 7,241 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    He's busy criss crossing a turd bobbing in a bowl of warm water with silky arcs of man milk.
  • disusedgenius 8 Aug 2018 14:10:37 9,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It depends if you count a big wheelbarrow of money a 'career achievement'.
    Why choose? He's had the Churchill 'this is my moment to be a part of history' feel to him for a good while. Then he can milk more than the fringe media to a golden grave/state funeral.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 14:12:35 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Isn't there all kinds of legal fighting over the garden bridge fuck up and millions upon millions wasted on the cable car fuck up

like, Boris doesn't have the character (racist comments etc) to be PM but he doesn't have capability either.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 14:13:00 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Either and both should rule him out but I get the feeling they'll be what wins it for him
  • Load_2.0 8 Aug 2018 14:17:41 27,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Plus the population are too thick/lazy to understand the electoral system as it is, so they buy the Labour/Tory/media line that electoral reform is unnecessary and potentially harmful.

I kind of think that if you scratch the surface it's not too dissimilar to the UK.

If a Syrian refugee boat showed up in Auckland harbor the country would go into meltdown. The country bought into a load of shit about a"Rock Star Economy" the reality is it's a massive housing bubble. The idea that the National party are good for the economy and Labour willsend us into bankruptcy.

Yeah, the economy is incredibly lopsided, and I'm sure you're right about refugees, but there isn't the same inertia and the nostalgia doesn't seem so toxic. But then I'm a relative newcomer so I've got a relatively rosy view ATM.

In Wellington, so the weather isn't that great. Good pies though, better than in the UK. Plus Foxton Fizz.
    Nice. Well if you get the chance try the Hawkes Bay for a weekend break in the spring/summer. It's about a 4 hour drive.

Napier has the has the best restaurant in the country, the wineries are great. Havelock North is a village with a few hotels and a good place to be based.
  • disusedgenius 8 Aug 2018 14:20:10 9,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    like, Boris doesn't have the character (racist comments etc) to be PM but he doesn't have capability either.
    He's shown a willingness to sacrifice personal friends and, well, the entire country to serve his career during Brexit - that's all the capability you really need. I mean, the guy famous for racist 'gaffs' managed to get elected by a modern, multicultural city no too long ago, after all. If that shit didn't stop him in London, it won't stop him anywhere else.
  • nickthegun 8 Aug 2018 15:07:04 74,709 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Our saving grace is that I'm pretty sure he couldn't be arsed with being PM.
  • thelzdking 8 Aug 2018 15:14:32 8,369 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:

Nice. Well if you get the chance try the Hawkes Bay for a weekend break in the spring/summer. It's about a 4 hour drive.

Napier has the has the best restaurant in the country, the wineries are great. Havelock North is a village with a few hotels and a good place to be based.
    Never been to the east coast so Hawkes Bay for summer it is then. Cheers man.

Wellington is actually really nice though.
  • Ddanno 8 Aug 2018 15:25:36 1,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @nickthegun He couldn't be arsed with being Foreign Sec or London Mayor either.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 8 Aug 2018 15:39:10 1,200 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've said this many times. Boris as PM, Rees Mogg at Treasury with Gove in the high chair at the Foreign Office.
  • Technoishmatt 8 Aug 2018 15:50:35 2,730 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That would be absolutely horrendous.
  • elstoof 8 Aug 2018 15:53:23 20,775 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well stop saying it, we’ve all seen beetlejuice
  • X201 8 Aug 2018 17:03:26 18,547 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    I've said this many times. Boris as PM, Rees Mogg at Treasury with Gove in the high chair at the Foreign Office.
  • GoatApocalypse 8 Aug 2018 17:30:40 4,222 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does this stink of Bannon?

Seems a bit too much of a coincidence.
    Johnson has been doing this for years. If anything, he's coaching Bannon on how it works over here.

Edited by GoatApocalypse at 17:32:20 08-08-2018
  • H1ggyLTD 8 Aug 2018 17:34:07 9,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nadine Dorries.

Edited by H1ggyLTD at 17:34:15 08-08-2018
  • JamboWayOh 8 Aug 2018 17:47:27 8,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    He's busy criss crossing a turd bobbing in a bowl of warm water with silky arcs of man milk.
    Poet laureate of the forum right there.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Aug 2018 20:48:54 7,497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    He's shown a willingness to sacrifice personal friends and, well, the entire country to serve his career during Brexit - that's all the capability you really need. I mean, the guy famous for racist 'gaffs' managed to get elected by a modern, multicultural city no too long ago, after all. If that shit didn't stop him in London, it won't stop him anywhere else.
    Still though, jolly good laugh on Have I Got News For You though wasn't he?
  • spamdangled 8 Aug 2018 20:52:38 31,731 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fun fact: the producer of HIGNFY regrets ever letting Boris appear on the show as he feels the cunt used it to propogate his image as a loveable rogue.
  • elstoof 8 Aug 2018 21:14:47 20,775 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Then why did he start booking Reed Mogg
  • Youthist 8 Aug 2018 21:16:42 13,345 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hey if DM says it then it is a fact

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.