It's (almost) Sunday! It's time for guess the game with PC Zone!

• sam_spade 9 Nov 2002 22:47:24 15,745 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Seeing as you proved so bloody useless last weekend I thought I would use my Lemsip fuelled days of wastefullness to find a new obscure paragraph.

Answer at some point tomorrow.

"George Clooney may blame himself for the demise of the movie franchise, but the truth is the rot set in a long time before ER-boy got his buttocks into the moulded rubber suit. The problem began when someone in Hollywoodland fell under the assumption that vacant pretty boy Val Kilmer was capable of producing the tortured emotional range that characterised the Keaton-era crimefighter. No-one does pent-up violent mental instability as well as Keaton, and Kilmer manages the demanding role about as well as a boiled potato on a damp piece of string. So with one fell Schumacher-led coup (that's Joel, not Michael), a character rich in eminently challenging twisted psychosis is rendered as shallow as the most banal of Schwarzenegger action 'heroes'."

Answer at some point tomorrow. And remember, no cheating!
  • sam_spade 9 Nov 2002 22:57:33 15,745 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Well you may think that, but obviously PC Zone is thinking on a higher wavelength than the rest of us.
  • UncleLou Moderator 9 Nov 2002 23:00:41 40,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I won't take part this time, as I've read this online somewhere recently. And no Errol, it's not Batman...

edit: ups, sam jumped the queue :-)

Edited by UncleLou at 23:01:15 09-11-2002
  • Deleted user 9 November 2002 23:07:20
    a character rich in eminently challenging twisted psychosis is rendered as shallow as the most banal of Schwarzenegger action 'heroes'.

Key words: Fucked up, shallow, action.

Max Payne?
  • sam_spade 9 Nov 2002 23:11:51 15,745 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Nope
  • UncleLou Moderator 9 Nov 2002 23:18:15 40,158 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Btw, is it me or has EG has never suffered so much from a single game like it suffers from GTA:VC? Hardly anyone posting all day. Or is it always that quiet at the week-ends? Rarely here Saturday/Sunday myself.

Edited by UncleLou at 23:18:53 09-11-2002
  • Pirotic Moderator 11 Nov 2002 08:47:00 20,642 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Isn't the better question - Why on earth are you buying Pc Zone?
  • ssuellid 11 Nov 2002 08:48:15 19,141 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    UncleLou its always seems to be quiet at the weekend.
  • sam_spade 11 Nov 2002 09:34:10 15,745 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    For those still interested it was the second most controversial game of the month, Hitman 2.

In fact the second paragraph bumbles on about Batman and Batman Forever.
  • Deleted user 11 November 2002 10:20:47
    What this sort of waffle means to me is that the so-called games journalists are being a little bit smug, too clever, and have nothing to say. On one level I can sympathise as many games have no content worth a serious comment, and that sort of overblown irrlevance is required to make an article anywhere near interesting, although that is debateable.
  • Whizzo 11 Nov 2002 10:24:44 44,805 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:
    Isn't the better question - Why on earth are you buying Pc Zone?
    I don't know about sam but I'm a subscriber. I think it's a pretty decent read and considering its PC only competitors it's a hell of a lot better than them in my opinion.
  • Lalaland 11 Nov 2002 12:52:56 20 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The fact is there isn't that much to say about the majority of games. Most games are tired retreads of earlier formulas so you may as well have some fun. I like the fact they rip the piss out of mediocre games they're usually much more interesting to read than the merely average.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.