Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace - No Book Mentions or Discussion! Page 670

• Khanivor 18 May 2019 20:39:03 44,110 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    People will ignore a lot of a person's character flaws if they want to have sex with that person.
    If that wasn’t true the human race would probably still all fit in a second division football stadium.
  • hedben2013 18 May 2019 22:10:22 1,212 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    I'm sure it's already been posted but this is fucking brilliant.

https://youtu.be/QCHlCiB98N4
    This is great, 10 points to this YouTube commenter too:

FangZ
    13 hours ago
    meanwhile, underground:
    Jamie: look at me cersei NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
  • drhickman1983 18 May 2019 22:23:30 6,071 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    I'm sure it's already been posted but this is fucking brilliant.

https://youtu.be/QCHlCiB98N4
    That's retrospectively increased my enjoyment of the episode massively.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 22:23:38 18-05-2019
  • drhickman1983 18 May 2019 22:54:17 6,071 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • FWB 18 May 2019 23:11:39 56,195 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Valid points made, but still say it was all a bit sudden at the end, particularly the "Fuck it, I'll burn them all."
  • sirtacos 18 May 2019 23:18:35 8,186 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The transition is jarring. The character arc makes sense broadly speaking, but the ep 5 upset was written in hastily and clumsily. As a result it's shocking but feels very much contrived.

You don't need to be an entitled petition-wielding cunt to recognise that. There's plenty of room in the middle for valid criticism.

On another note, I wish Dany would do to Queensland what she did to King's Landing. Australia's bastion of Conservative politics needs a bit of fire and blood. We keep hiding under Cersei's (LNP/Coalition) skirts and should be cleansed for our idiocy. Sorry for the misplaced politics I know it's inappropriate but I'm angry and disappointed and the rants thread is insufficient

Edited by sirtacos at 23:20:32 18-05-2019
  • FWB 18 May 2019 23:25:41 56,195 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Well that's what I said... No problem with the change; it made sense. It's just how it happened a little too quickly. Doesn't make me dismiss the show or episode, mind.
  • fontgeeksogood 18 May 2019 23:58:06 6,992 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Not to go all MrTom on you guys, but there's no way this amount of speculation of motive and supposed character change would be happening if she had a dick
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 00:13:42 21,486 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was just that time of month, am I right boys? Eh? Eh?
  • TPReview 19 May 2019 00:17:25 1,377 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Valid points made, but still say it was all a bit sudden at the end, particularly the "Fuck it, I'll burn them all."
    I thought the transition was done pretty well when I Watched it a second time. The bells are ringing and the fighting stops but she looks like she's having a panic attack, I'm guessing her thoughts are 'what now' - she kills Cersei, everyone rallies around Jon like they did at Winterfell, she loses. She said repeatedly all she has in Westeros is fear, so she makes a stupid decision in her panic and decides to really make a name for herself that people will fear.

I liked it. I had a lot more problems with how they finished Jaime and Cersei's stories and everything to do with Euron.
  • Samildanach 19 May 2019 01:50:25 115 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think the majority are enjoying Season 8 and it is a more vocal few that have any major problems with it. Its not perfect but the ire is completely disproportionate. The petition is an insult to the extremely hard working team behind GOT.
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 05:00:34 21,486 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, but on the other hand, who really gives a shit that a few idiots on the internet signed a stupid petition. It's not just them that's turning up the volume, it's also the others who are pointing to them and saying "look at those fucking neckbeards" as if they encompass all criticism of the show. It's perfectly possible to:

a) have major issues with the way the show has turned out;
    b) think a petition to change the show is a dumb idea, and disrespectful to the people that worked on it; and
    c) still basically enjoy the show and want to watch it and talk about it

all at the same time. We're all human beings in the end, and maybe we care a bit too much about stupid bullshit, and care too much about other people caring too much about stupid bullshit.

And I completely lost my train of thought there, but in sum we should all smoke some weed, be more excellent to each other, and agree to disagree on everything except Bran being a creepy weird kid.
  • Dirtbox 19 May 2019 06:23:16 91,192 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The last episode will be old fat Riker and old fat Troi learning about Westeros on the holodeck.
  • Tonka 19 May 2019 07:04:15 29,826 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I would actually like it, if it ends with Dragon Mom on the throne.
  • Baihu1983 19 May 2019 07:05:49 11,670 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    She just didn't have quick save like we do before going on a open world rampage
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 08:40:27 21,486 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was probably the most spectacular episode of the whole series. At the very least you have to admire the work that went into it, even if you have issues with other aspects of the plotting and such.
  • drhickman1983 19 May 2019 08:51:19 6,071 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My problem with Dany's turn is that if I say "I didn't like the episode" they think it's because of that particular development.

Although it's perhaps rushed it totally fits in with what I expected Dany's arc to be.

I still think the episode dragged on.

That for whom the been tolls video contained all the information you needed to know. It showed the horror effectively. I didn't need an extra half an hour dedicated to the massacre.

The Jaime / Euron fight was contrived and dull. I didnt particularly care much for Cleganebowl (I'm in the minority here, though, so fair enough).

The golden company were utterly pointless. It's kind of funny how useless they are but they added nothing in terms of dramatic tension, even prior to the massacre.
  • drhickman1983 19 May 2019 09:00:07 6,071 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's the problem with spectacle this season. We've had two episodes ostensibly spectacular, to differing degrees of success, but I'd have rather had the spectacle be shorter and do some thing more interesting. You could lose 30 minutes from both of those battles and have an extra hour of character work.

Might even be enough to make character actions (not just Dany's) feel more real. Big maybe, of course.
  • askew 19 May 2019 09:15:15 19,958 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    https://twitter.com/winterfeIIbucky/status/1129413579172732928?s=20

Good thread. Remind me: who’s the bloke looking after Arya at Neds execution?
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 09:17:17 21,486 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was a guy from the Nights Watch. I can't remember his name.
  • convz 19 May 2019 09:24:21 1,127 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    “Don’t let me die Jamie, I don’t want to die” - was anyone else completely rooting for Cersei and Jamie at the end of episode 5? Looking forward to the last episode to see if the same happens with Daenerys (assuming she does die I guess)
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 09:35:37 21,486 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh Dany is 100% going to die.
  • sport 19 May 2019 09:39:46 15,261 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I don't think the Internet is ready for episode 6.
  • Gruff 19 May 2019 11:28:55 3,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    convz wrote:
    “Don’t let me die Jamie, I don’t want to die” - was anyone else completely rooting for Cersei and Jamie at the end of episode 5? Looking forward to the last episode to see if the same happens with Daenerys (assuming she does die I guess)
    I am not even sure they are dead, they did the same shit edit they used for Euron evading the dragon (he then conveniently waded ashore to meet Jamie FFS). Would not surprise me in the least to see them alive. It would be great to see people rationalize that.
  • fontgeeksogood 19 May 2019 11:31:05 6,992 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Maybe they'll do a final scene where Cersei's hand buried under the rubble twitches like Ming the Merciless
  • Gruff 19 May 2019 11:34:19 3,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Flash Ahaaaaaaaaaaa!
  • BigOrkWaaagh 19 May 2019 11:48:14 8,898 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    convz wrote:
    I am not even sure they are dead, they did the same shit edit they used for Euron evading the dragon (he then conveniently waded ashore to meet Jamie FFS). Would not surprise me in the least to see them alive. It would be great to see people rationalize that.
    I have thought the same thing, unless you see a mangled corpse in a show like this there's always the chance they'll pop up. It took me a good while to accept Stannis was actually dead.

That said there's still one episode left...

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.