Prey (2017) Page 53

Next Last
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2019 12:03:29 34,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    wuntyphyve wrote:
    I don't actually think I finished it but I got pretty far. The map wasn't overwhelmingly huge but full of detail, I loved the premise, all these underground towns and cities etc.
    I can't remember the end but I can remember finishing it. Yeah the underground cities and dungeons were excellent. As was/is the music.
  • Nanocrystal 11 Sep 2019 12:04:04 1,892 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I made a joke about the crossbow getting nerfed in another thread but it didn't take.
  • quadfather 11 Sep 2019 12:04:27 34,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MindyGamer wrote:
    I fucking loved Prey 2017 and I wish Bethesda had marketed it at all. They announced it at E3, went silent, released it a month later, and never spoke about it again.

I'd advise you to keep the toy crossbow in your inventory at all times. It's so convenient to activate doors at a distance through gaps and cracks in the furniture, or to get rid of cystoids the economical way.

Also get creative with the gloo gun. I reached Alex's penthouse in the Arboretum about fifteen hours earlier than I was supposed to ! You'll also find many things hidden away in weird places. Keep looking up. If it looks like a platform, there's probably something on it.
    Yeah you can get into an exec office right at the very start if you're creative with the gloo
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2019 12:11:26 12,668 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bloody loved climbing around the place with the gloo gun. Right. Fuck it. It's getting bought and played after remnant.
  • wuntyphyve 11 Sep 2019 12:12:19 12,668 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    I made a joke about the crossbow getting nerfed in another thread but it didn't take.
    Ha!

/standing ovation

There you go.
  • dominalien 11 Sep 2019 12:54:20 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Itís not a fast game though, is it? Can you actually play it like a shooter? I remember I was just running through everywhere by the end of it, not bothering to engage any enemies. I donít remember ever thinking there was something wrong with the controls.
    Arx fatalis? No, not at the start. Later on when you're super powerful is a different story as you just whack fuck out of everything but it's not a super fast shooter type of thing, it's a medium paced action RPG
    Itís the Prey thread... :-P
  • dominalien 11 Sep 2019 12:56:50 9,233 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    MindyGamer wrote:
    I fucking loved Prey 2017 and I wish Bethesda had marketed it at all. They announced it at E3, went silent, released it a month later, and never spoke about it again.

I'd advise you to keep the toy crossbow in your inventory at all times. It's so convenient to activate doors at a distance through gaps and cracks in the furniture, or to get rid of cystoids the economical way.

Also get creative with the gloo gun. I reached Alex's penthouse in the Arboretum about fifteen hours earlier than I was supposed to ! You'll also find many things hidden away in weird places. Keep looking up. If it looks like a platform, there's probably something on it.
    Yeah you can get into an exec office right at the very start if you're creative with the gloo
    Yeah, I did that as well. There was a marker there of some crew member or something and Injust started building. I only used the levitator once, after that it was always easier to just use the route Iíd built.
  • AcidSnake 11 Sep 2019 13:08:28 8,154 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Damnit, so Mooncrash is recommended?

Loved the base game but somehow thought Mooncrash would be unsubstantial and a sort of time trial thingy...
  • Zippity-zap 12 Sep 2019 03:11:36 427 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @AcidSnake Itís a different take, more mechanically focused and tightly contained. Surprisingly, the randomisation/roguelike elements work really well. I might even like it a little bit more than the base campaign...maybe.
  • Huggybear 12 Sep 2019 07:54:18 1,615 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Damnit, so Mooncrash is recommended?

Loved the base game but somehow thought Mooncrash would be unsubstantial and a sort of time trial thingy...
    Go watch SkillUp's review on Youtube, titled something like "best DLC of 2018" if you've got some time.

It's obviously not for everyone, since it's the kind of thing you'll need to spend quite a bit of time on to get the most out of.
  • AcidSnake 12 Sep 2019 10:01:53 8,154 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Huggybear:
    See, that review hits all the right notes until he mentions an ever increasing corruption meter.
    I like to take my time with my playthroughs and a time limit sounds like a bad addition...
    That said I see from comments online that I'm not the only one that has an issue with it and that it can, cleverly, be manipulated through gameplay somehow...That would make it just another obstacle to overcome through smarts/skill instead of speed which would swing it back to being a positive...

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on the sales in future
  • quadfather 12 Sep 2019 12:17:36 34,901 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @AcidSnake

You don't even to factor the corruption in. It's a zero issue thing.

Edit - in fact, it makes some of it quite exciting

Edited by quadfather at 12:18:21 12-09-2019
  • wuntyphyve 12 Sep 2019 12:45:30 12,668 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather Have you played the DLC? I ended up buying it after all. I'm quite curious to see what it's like.
  • Zippity-zap 12 Sep 2019 14:56:56 427 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @AcidSnake The corruption meter actually works really well within the framework of the game. Furthermore, there is a mechanic available to mitigate it.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.