Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

• King_Edward 23 Mar 2011 17:55:25 11,470 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Publisher XSEED said today it will localize Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls for release in North America and Europe this Spring through PlayStation Network.

The game was previously released in Japan as Wizardry: Torawareshi Tamashii no Meiky? (Dungeon of Imprisoned Souls).

"We've long admired the Wizardry series as a pioneer of the RPG genre, so with our upcoming release players will be able to experience a defining moment in gaming history," said Jun Iwasaki, President of XSEED Games.

Wizardry turns back the clock on the RPG genre, giving hardcore fans a "grueling 1st-person 3D grid-based dungeon crawl experience."
    IGN
  • King_Edward 23 Mar 2011 17:56:27 11,470 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Fletche 23 Mar 2011 18:08:18 3,418 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Seems to be a few fantasy based games coming out, which is a good thing, seems to have been a forgotten genre recently with the odd exception like Dragon Age
  • Deleted user 23 March 2011 18:13:24
    2011 year of the RPG? about bloody time, way too many FPS floating about these days!
  • Scimarad 23 Mar 2011 18:40:37 9,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This sounds way more exciting that it should...
  • King_Edward 23 Mar 2011 18:58:18 11,470 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    This sounds way more exciting that it should...
    Ever played a Wizardry game? It's a name I've heard mentioned a lot bt I've never actually played one.

There's a demo on the JP store if anyone here has a decent grasp of japanese and feels like fumbling through it.
  • mrharvest 23 Mar 2011 19:08:48 5,512 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Judging by the screenshots it's almost like the last 15 years since Eye of the Beholder 3 never happened.
  • uiruki 23 Mar 2011 19:25:41 4,520 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hopefully they'll add the followup too, as the pair were released as a twin-pack on disc. I also hope they have a bit less of the pisstake nickel-and-dime paid DLC, too.

The game itself is fine, nothing massively exciting but decent all the same. Entaku no Seito on Xbox 360/PC was a game I found myself much more drawn towards, though. Check the demo for that on Japanese XBL, too.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.