Other boards where you post a lot?

• UncleLou Moderator 10 Nov 2002 22:10:09 40,158 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Are there other boards where you people post a lot? I keep seeing familiar names when I browse through other forums, but I never know whether it's just a coincidental identity of names...
    I hardly post anywhere else at the moment, just not enough time (and not enough good forums).
  • skalmanxl 10 Nov 2002 22:12:24 982 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I used to be a regular at the Front Line Force and Adventuregamers forums, but the time the time...
  • Whizzo 10 Nov 2002 22:25:08 44,807 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I used to post on a regular basis over at EvilAvatar.com but that's dropped off quite a lot since I became a regular here.
  • Khab 10 Nov 2002 22:27:19 6,583 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    And I used to post some, and lurk a lot on www.europa-universalis.com's forums, but I haven't even been there in ages now. I do frequent a few Swedish sites, but the quality there is generally a lot lower than here, so I tend to not stay long.

EG is da place, man!
  • Deleted user 10 November 2002 23:06:59
    Oh gawd, not another list. I'm including a link, potted overview and impression of how I perceive the forums, and an indication of reading and posting habits.

3D Realms - A place where 3D Realms like to boast about how wonderful they are and indulge in the popular game developers sport of dangling carrots under the noses of fanboi's. Best treated as an interactive comic as the majority of posters are ill-informed and uncritical.

Slashdot - A random collection of short articles that touch on technology, science, and general flim-flam. A similar format to Eurogamer, although the articles are submitted, as well as commented on, by members. Mainly noise it contains the odd insight and information worth pondering.

Gamegossip Judge Dredd Forum - A nearly dead forum dedicated to the upcoming Judge Dredd versus Death game. It's nearly dead as Rebellion are lousy at marketing and the supporting website isn't of sufficient quality to attract or sustain interest.

Pravda - Run by a well known former Soviet organ of truth it's host to a variety of popular opinion. Typically of an east-west bias the majority is near complete nonsense, although the odd thread does throw up the odd interesting fact or point of view.

Spirits Touch - Hosted by a Vampire the Masquerade : Redemption fan, it has a general Vampire games, modding, and general chat bias. Nearly dead although enough people are interested in Vampire games, literature, and films, to keep is ticking over.

Planet Romero - Personal forum of one of the most infamous game developers of the past decade. It has a curiosity value somewhere between road crash and squashed hedgehog.

BBC Talking Point - Public comment on items scheduled for Talking Point, broadcast on BBC Radio 4. It's interesting to note that the majority of posters can form an opinion of their own despite what the government may occassionally wish for.

Edited by Feersum Boundah at 23:11:26 10-11-2002
  • clapton-is-God 11 Nov 2002 00:08:02 47 posts
    Registered 19 years ago
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk
    i live on there, but sometimes go and visit a place known as "the outside" ;)

ps.i'm currently trying to get as many pple as i can to join ocuk forums, especially otto ;)

Edited by clapton is God at 00:10:14 11-11-2002
  • Richard-Towler 11 Nov 2002 00:54:13 3 posts
    Registered 18 years ago
    http://forums.gamefaction.com (My Own)
    http://www.sportplanet.com/hg/forums/
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Nov 2002 11:13:11 23,490 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Well, mojo4music.com every so often, it's quite good sometimes but mostly just silly insider jokes that I have't been around long enough to get.

PCGamer under a different username and I didn't stay there long and I ain't going back.

A number of other places also, but my time is mostly spent here at the moment.
  • MrWorf 11 Nov 2002 11:16:24 63,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I've probably got a post on every Star trek site with a Forum.. in the world. I also post on 你好.com
  • Nobby 11 Nov 2002 18:40:59 128 posts
    Registered 19 years ago
    Hmmm, I post occasionally on the forums at www.europa-universalis.com although mostly on the OT forum, and very occasionally on the HOI forums.

I also post, again rarely, at www.scottish-fitba.net (or something) and a couple of other football websites.

That's about it.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:50:19
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.