Following Dragon's Dogma Page 168

• quadfather 17 May 2019 14:30:11 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @daver

Oh, and always upgrade your kit as much as you can. There's a place just next to the Inn called Caxton's armoury. He can upgrade stuff straight away with a bit of cash. To get the next upgrades it'll show you what else you need to collect to do it.

Collect everything, but keep an eye on your weight limit. Ideally you want to be "Very light" for full stamina regeneration speed. I always play a ranger so mobility and stamina are vital. So I just make my pawn absolutely fucking gigantic so he can carry all the shit :)
  • GuybrushFreepwood 17 May 2019 16:41:00 945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @quadfather ur dragon is at the bottom
  • quadfather 17 May 2019 17:05:01 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood should be able to remember that then :)

Trouble is, season 17 of diablo starts today ...
  • Graxlar_v3 17 May 2019 17:18:43 6,716 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    quadfather wrote:

i should play more switch diablo
  • GuybrushFreepwood 17 May 2019 20:38:50 945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:

i should play more switch diablo

Iíll have to check out season 17 then as Iíve not created a witch doctor yet.
  • daver 18 May 2019 02:29:14 37 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @quadfather

Yass. I'm about level 11, Strider class. Been kicking about in a big forest southeast of the first village, where I've found a bunch of stuff including a witches house. My main pawn is a fighter I think, she's carrying a lot of my gear and I've got another pawn now who is a mage - he seems to be constantly healing us and setting my weapons on fire.

Cleared most of the early quests, I'm not in any rush to get through it, I'm the type that likes to take time just pooting about looking for stuff and admiring scenery.

I thought I'd lost a huge amount of progress last night, due to the odd saving system, but I quit out and came back to where I was luckily. Really enjoying it, especially handheld. Cheers for the tips so far, no doubt I'll be chewing your ears on here when I hit roadblocks! 😊
  • Mola_Ram 18 May 2019 16:09:19 20,086 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Onto the final battle now. I think I am fairly overleveled on account of Hard Mode, but eh. It's nice to be powerful.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 18 May 2019 16:21:54 945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Iíve entered BBI. This place is amazing. Seems really big with some really big enemies in. Iíve had a couple of epic fights that left me trembling. Loot all over the place and Iíve been inside the dungeon all afternoon. Wife has just told me what time it was. First time I saw a certain someone, I legged it. Pawns are dying a little often. Iím so glad my mage has that staff.
  • Mr_Sleep 18 May 2019 18:17:09 22,568 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Legging it is the correct tactic 😎
  • quadfather 18 May 2019 19:22:56 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, running away is definitely a valid tactic in bbi :)
  • GuybrushFreepwood 18 May 2019 20:13:00 945 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    The two epic battles involved a lot of running away and then regrouping and sniping and cursing my dumb ass pawns. I mean why does a sorcerer need to go toe to toe with something thatís 20 times her size and yet is surrounded by handy platforms above. Flippin muppet.

Felt very dark souls. Not that I did much in dark souls.
  • quadfather 19 May 2019 12:59:25 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, I've come back out of bbi as only level 41 and clearing up / filling in the map before the dragon. Still can't get the witchwood quests. Will have to fuck it off.
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 14:35:43 20,086 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, that's the dragon done. It was a cool battle! Though often annoyingly hard to hit the weak point.

Should I go kill the other dragon now?
  • quadfather 19 May 2019 16:55:19 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

What does the town centre in gran Soren look like?
  • Addy__ 19 May 2019 19:23:02 677 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    How is the switch version guys? I'm seriously considering buying since I've had a bit of a comeback on switch.
  • splosh 19 May 2019 19:30:06 296 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Addy__ Hey fella.

Did you begin to enjoy it on the pc? It has a few faults but nothing major and iíve sunk a lot of time into it so far.

There are a lot of useful eg pawns around that can help you out for the first lot of quests too. Plus you can laugh at any pawns that have been hired by quaddy as they freak out when you get near a ledge.

ďONE SLIP COULD SPELL YOUR DOOM MASTERĒ

If the switch gives you a bit more time to play it then iíd Definitely recommend it.
  • Addy__ 19 May 2019 19:34:36 677 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    @splosh

Yeah I did enjoy it. I could be using the switch more over the next few months with being away with work etc so I'm toying with the idea. Is the performance ok in handheld mode?
  • prettyvacant 19 May 2019 20:26:55 229 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think the game is more enjoyable full screen but handheld is passable , frame rate is mostly ok but not silky smooth it has to be said .
  • splosh 19 May 2019 20:35:14 296 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Addy__
    Iíve played through most of the game in handheld and while iíve noticed more hiccups in handheld compared to docked they havenít effected gameplay in any major ways. Mainly audio bugs, slight dip in frames when a sorcerer begins nuking things but aside from that itís great.
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 23:47:30 20,086 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather looks pretty rough.

I do like how the shops and inkeep are still doing business completely normally, doo de doo nothing to see here, as if there wasn't a giant yawning abyss right outside.
  • quadfather 20 May 2019 08:38:29 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

Get in there man!
  • quadfather 20 May 2019 08:38:54 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    splosh wrote:
    @Addy__ Hey fella.

Did you begin to enjoy it on the pc? It has a few faults but nothing major and iíve sunk a lot of time into it so far.

There are a lot of useful eg pawns around that can help you out for the first lot of quests too. Plus you can laugh at any pawns that have been hired by quaddy as they freak out when you get near a ledge.

ďONE SLIP COULD SPELL YOUR DOOM MASTERĒ

If the switch gives you a bit more time to play it then iíd Definitely recommend it.
    :D have to say, that rings a bell
  • quadfather 20 May 2019 09:28:10 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So that port crystal I left right near the dragon so I wouldnt have to make the trek all the way over there from gran soren. Fucking thing won't let me travel to it!!
  • Mola_Ram 20 May 2019 11:08:48 20,086 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Um... so the dragon ran off. I probably wasn't going to be able to kill it anyway (thing seemed to have quite a lot of health), but is that supposed to happen?

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:13:13 20-05-2019
  • splosh 20 May 2019 11:15:20 296 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Um... so the dragon ran off. I probably wasn't going to be able to kill it anyway (thing seemed to have quite a lot of health), but is that supposed to happen?
    From what I remember that dragon has a reset if you're fighting it online. Not sure about it running off though. Maybe Human's dulcet baritone voice forced it to scarper for a dragon wank?
  • Mola_Ram 20 May 2019 11:19:31 20,086 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A reset? So I used a good chunk of my curatives for nothing?
  • splosh 20 May 2019 11:35:38 296 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Ur-Dragon encounter takes two forms: a static offline battle, and an asynchronous online encounter, where players and their parties from around the world both contribute and compete online to take down the Ur-Dragon. Defeating the Ur-Dragon online ultimately requires multiple encounters over the course of its life, but all players who inflict damage on the Ur-Dragon are eligible to receive rewards. Over time, as players contribute their effort towards the common goal, the Ur-Dragon's global health will decline. Eventually, when it is killed by the first Arisen, the Ur-Dragon will go into a "grace period", where it will appear with very little to no health and one to fifteen hearts will be brightly lit. If anyone enters the Chamber of Lament during the grace period, they will have a chance to kill the Ur-Dragon and obtain great rewards, along with other loot, and every item currently equipped on the Arisen will become Dragonforged. All active hearts must be destroyed in one round to get a kill; rounds may be repeated until either a kill is achieved or the grace period terminates. This grace period is finite and when over, a new generation spawns.

The round ends when either the Ur-Dragon flies away or the player exits the Chamber. Normally the Ur-Dragon is a timed round that lasts approximately eight minutes from landing to making an exit, however it can leave the Chamber early, at random. Leaving early is not typical behavior.
    So if you done damage or destroyed a heart you should be able to get something for your troubles. Possibly return later?
  • Mola_Ram 20 May 2019 11:40:23 20,086 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I climbed up on its back and stabbed a shiny thing for like 3 minutes straight. Hopefully that's a good enough contribution, because I'm going to run out of potions if I have to do that again and again.
  • quadfather 20 May 2019 11:44:01 34,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah this is confusing me as well. When I first did it I was fighting him for ages and then simply killed him. Maybe I was offline then? That seems to be the only answer, reading that.

So, what's the benefit of being offline / online then?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.