• simpleexplodingmaybe 20 Jul 2021 08:14:04 19,729 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anyone even watch AppleTV ?
  • creepiest-lizard 20 Jul 2021 08:20:03 2,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Theres a couple of good shows on there. You could watch them all in
    a month though. I'll renew when the Foundation show airs.
  • RGeefe 20 Jul 2021 08:24:56 2,351 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm just trying to work out what Apple gain from having a TV service
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2021 10:57:17 31,138 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I haven't finished S1 of Ted Lasso yet (7 down, 3 to go) but wanted to share how excellent it is, it's the loveliest, most endearing sitcom which manages not to be too cheesy or annoying. Great stuff.
    Finished last 3 episodes, cracking, heartwarming stuff.
    Who knew that Schmitty from It's always sunny could do so much?
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Jul 2021 10:58:01 31,138 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One great thing bout Apple TV+ is the streaming quality, probs the best of the bunch.
  • askew 20 Jul 2021 11:06:54 24,015 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Investigation on iPlayer. Woah. It focuses on the weird Danish freak who took Kim Wall for a spin on his home-made submarine, murdered her, and disposed of her body at sea, before scuttling the sub.

Actually, that's not quite true. It doesn't focus on him: he's given the short-shrift he deserves, and it's all about the police investigation and how they search for Wall's remains, and try to build a case against him. Danelaw (hoho) seems to work slightly differently.

Features two of the main actors from A Hijacking, a haunting cello-based score, and Agnes Obel on the soundtrack.
  • gossypboy 20 Jul 2021 11:23:16 208 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    24 season 3 to 5
    3 is good
    4 is great
    With season 5 it has possibly turned into my favourite TV show.
    I honestly don't know how it could be better .
    Now on to season 6 where Dr Julian Bashir is a terrorist or is he?
  • Vortex808 20 Jul 2021 11:51:43 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    askew wrote:
    The Investigation on iPlayer. Woah. It focuses on the weird Danish freak who took Kim Wall for a spin on his home-made submarine, murdered her, and disposed of her body at sea, before scuttling the sub.

Actually, that's not quite true. It doesn't focus on him: he's given the short-shrift he deserves, and it's all about the police investigation and how they search for Wall's remains
    I watched this a while back, it was really good & I thought they did well to not give the murdering gype any publicity in while showing the job the police did.
  • Vortex808 20 Jul 2021 11:54:39 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    gossypboy wrote:
    24 season 3 to 5
    3 is good
    4 is great
    With season 5 it has possibly turned into my favourite TV show.
    I honestly don't know how it could be better .
    Now on to season 6 where Dr Julian Bashir is a terrorist or is he?
    I can't remember if it was series 4 or 5 where i had to stop watching it, the constant ability of his daughter and others to get into issues right after escaping something else started to annoy me.

That mountain lion/bunker mentalist one that someone mentioned on here recently was the one that tipped me over the edge into deciding that it was too farcical.

I enjoyed the first series or 2 of homeland, but as soon as that started to be getting a bit 24-esque i was out of there too.
  • Rum_Monkey 20 Jul 2021 13:54:04 3,335 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You're missing out on homeland, it managed to reinvent itself and turned into a solid 8/10 show.
  • gossypboy 20 Jul 2021 14:16:10 208 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Vortex808 it's season 4 when his daughter is not in the show anymore.
    I agree she turns the show into a comedy but as soon as she's gone the show gets better and season 5 is really good 9.5/10
  • Vortex808 20 Jul 2021 14:58:41 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    You're missing out on homeland, it managed to reinvent itself and turned into a solid 8/10 show.
    Really? I'll maybe need to dip back in then, they must be on some streaming service by now i guess. Have i possibly spotted them on netflix?

It was really starting to get quite eye-rolling when carrie had another meltdown or something far-fetched happened when i stopped.

I loved Saul though, man that dude could rock a beard and a worried frown.

Which series to hop back on then? I maybe started 3, was that ok? or go for 4?
  • Rum_Monkey 20 Jul 2021 15:00:57 3,335 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    3 was meh, something major happens that you need to see and then they start reinventing it from then. onwards with all being solid seasons.

And with a lot more Saul too. It gets pretty scary how accurate it was with real world events that happened after.
  • Vortex808 20 Jul 2021 15:02:11 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    gossypboy wrote:
    @Vortex808 it's season 4 when his daughter is not in the show anymore.
    I agree she turns the show into a comedy but as soon as she's gone the show gets better and season 5 is really good 9.5/10
    I think it was maybe 4 when i bailed. Having checked a wiki synopsis, yep it looks like season 4 was the end. It was theone where he had a missus. Series 3 tipped me over the edge, but i made it through. I still started 4, and gave up in disgust about 3 or 4 eps in I think. I also think life was getting more hectic and I just cba watching so much telly when i was getting a bit O_o with it.
  • Vortex808 20 Jul 2021 15:03:53 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    3 was meh, something major happens that you need to see and then they start reinventing it from then. onwards with all being solid seasons.

And with a lot more Saul too. It gets pretty scary how accurate it was with real world events that happened after.
    Grand, thanks. I'll try to pencil in some time to give it another go.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Jul 2021 15:08:11 26,052 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The season of 24 I think I enjoyed the most was the one with President Logan. I can't remember what number it was, but it was notable because the secret bad guy was President Logan. That was great.
  • gossypboy 20 Jul 2021 15:12:59 208 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Mola_Ram that's season 5 so I guess downhill from here.
    The London season should be fun when I get to it.
    The President was great but also you a Bauer Vs teacher dynamic .
  • creepiest-lizard 21 Jul 2021 09:06:22 2,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gomorrah. Seasons 1 and 2

Not sure how to feel about it really. Its well made with a compelling story with all the backstabbing and machinations but it's just so grim.
    Terrible people doing terrible things and innocents caught in the crossfire.
    I like dark stuff but there has to be something more, someone to root for or something to say and this just leaves me cold.
    My two other high points in this type of show would be The Wire and The shield. The shield was so ridiculous and over the top that I could just go with it and The Wire had great writing and humanity and this has neither. Not sure whether to bother with the rest.

7/10
  • JYM60 21 Jul 2021 09:46:21 19,042 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    The season of 24 I think I enjoyed the most was the one with President Logan. I can't remember what number it was, but it was notable because the secret bad guy was President Logan. That was great.
    How many seasons of 24 was the good guy the bad guy?
  • Vortex808 21 Jul 2021 10:17:55 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    Gomorrah. Seasons 1 and 2

Not sure whether to bother with the rest.

7/10
    Season3 was my favourite and has a redemption arc (of sorts) maybe give that a try before binning it?

I absolutely love this though, so maybe not the best to ask.
  • dfunked09 21 Jul 2021 10:26:40 2,255 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Not sure it's worth carrying on if you're not feeling it after 2 seasons. Absolutely fantastic show, and I guess Patrizia becomes someone that you root for a bit, but at the end of the day is still a horrible bastard among horrible bastards...
  • creepiest-lizard 21 Jul 2021 10:30:50 2,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The long open mouthed kising of mothers and sons might have something to do with it as well.
  • Vortex808 21 Jul 2021 10:32:39 15,506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I liked (as much as you can) Sangue blue who became my hope for a different way, also ciro finally mans up a bit.

I still feel bad that patrizia got so fucked over.

Roll on S5. :D
  • creepiest-lizard 21 Jul 2021 10:36:24 2,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who am I kidding? It's well made and I am invested in how it all ends so I know I'll watch the whole lot.
    Patrizia is the only one that has touched me in any way, so far.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Jul 2021 11:43:54 26,052 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The show is mostly about Ciro and Genny, I think it's going to be pretty tough going unless you're invested in either of them.

You're right in that it's hard to actually root for most of the characters, though. I guess that's just not really a problem for me.
  • creepiest-lizard 21 Jul 2021 12:28:30 2,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Mola_Ram
    I don't mind a show of bad guys. But when they have almost no redeeming qualities amd are basically full blown evil it just all feels a bit empty, especially when it doesn't really seem to be making any kind of a point and in fact I get the impression you're meant to be on their side, to an extent. Breaking bad, Ozark, shows like that have pretty shitty people as protagonists but they do have some spark of humanity to relate to.
  • Rum_Monkey 21 Jul 2021 12:57:36 3,335 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I like the fact they are savage and absolute dispicable cunts. It's how I imagine people like that really are.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Jul 2021 13:00:38 6,424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    F1 : Drive to Survive (Season 1)

Absolutely hate Formula 1.

Decided to watch this show because a friend insisted I give it a go……

……I fucking LOVE Formula 1.

9/10
  • TechnoHippy 21 Jul 2021 13:09:05 19,213 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Katla

This came as a pleasant surprise. It's very slow paced, but the sense of mystery is superb. The bleak, but beautiful landscapes are quite stunning. To be honest I'm still not quite sure what was actually going on, but I enjoyed the journey a lot.

On Netflix and the English dub is actually decent.

8/10
  • RyanDS 21 Jul 2021 13:12:27 14,043 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished Castle, Chuck and Lucifer rewatches so wanted another background show to enjoy in the evenings.

Elementary is not streaming anywhere so decided to give Burn Notice a try as streaming sites always have that in the “ if you enjoyed x try this” section.

Just finished first series. I rather enjoyed it, it is adequate background with likeable characters and simple plots to put on the iPad while you cook.

I did keep waiting for B A Baracus to walk on screen though. It is the most shameful rip off of the A Team in the most wonderful way.

7/10

Edited by RyanDS at 13:12:59 21-07-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.