Following Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 200

• Fab4 4 Sep 2018 22:00:32 8,718 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ozark S2 - 9/10

Bleak˛

Not as gruesome as the first season, but still really enjoyable.
  • Dougs 4 Sep 2018 22:12:22 87,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wow, you ripped through that!
  • Fab4 5 Sep 2018 17:29:16 8,718 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    What can I say? These recent years of following Arsenal have given me a penchant for bleakness :D
  • beastmaster 5 Sep 2018 17:33:03 18,729 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The IT Crowd - All of them - 9/10

Just hilarious all the way through.

Next up, Sharp Objects.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Sep 2018 17:40:47 23,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

Good call, Jen is hot and Douglas is class
  • Fab4 5 Sep 2018 17:41:23 8,718 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

Next up, Sharp Objects.
    You like extremes I see :)
  • Jono62 5 Sep 2018 17:57:49 21,153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Haha im hooked on it as well Jono, the finale has already happened though so if you are watching at English pace you are at risk of spoiling it. They have had some amazing cooks on it over the years though.
    Cheers for the info. I've binge watched up to the last two episodes which I'll finish tonight. It's so great. I do prefer the parts before the quarters though.
  • Dougs 5 Sep 2018 19:05:19 87,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fab4 wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    What can I say? These recent years of following Arsenal have given me a penchant for bleakness :D
    :D
  • Gunzberg 5 Sep 2018 20:42:54 2,630 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Disenchantment - well I enjoyed watching it during my cardio workout so...

7.5/10

Looking forward to the 2nd season and...

I like Elfo
  • Vortex808 5 Sep 2018 22:54:46 12,755 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gomorrah Season 2.

Wow. Battered through this over a few days, absolutely love it. I think this is up there with the Sopranos for me.

What a quality pack of bastards they are. Not a likable sort in there, except possibly for Prince who didn't last all that long anyway!

😃

Top stuff. Season 3 starts tomorrow.
  • cov 5 Sep 2018 23:30:32 1,855 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I love gomorrah especially s3 u have a treat in store

Edited by cov at 23:30:50 05-09-2018
  • RichDC 6 Sep 2018 08:02:03 7,945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Who is America

Very hit and miss with probably a lot more miss. Over the seven episodes there's probably a handful of sketches which work well (and are brilliant) where he gets the reaction he's looking for.

4/10
  • JoelStinty 10 Sep 2018 06:39:24 6,878 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Punisher

Great. Alongside the first season of Daredevil easily ranks (not that hard to be honest) as the best marvel series netflix have done. Whilst not wholly original it is involving with a good cast of characters, and is a lot more thoughtful than it should be (in a good way).

4.5/5
  • DrStrangelove 10 Sep 2018 08:58:27 13,284 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Disenchantment

Not sure what I expected, guess I was curious what new they'd come up with and just let them surprise me. Sadly, it's basically a shadow of Futurama in medieval fantasy land. Certainly better than contemporary Simpsons of course, it did give me a few giggles, but it's still a little too trivial, insubstantial for my liking, and too much following trodden paths.

For most of its course I was about to give it 7.5/10, but then it finally picked up pace over the last 2-3 episodes so I was ready to up that to 8. Sadly, it only picked up pace to leave you with a cliffhanger shortly after. Dawdling around for 4 hours, then finally get going for 1 hour before "to be continued..."? Dick move, -0.5 penalty instead then.

7/10

Edited by DrStrangelove at 09:01:39 10-09-2018
  • RichDC 10 Sep 2018 10:35:21 7,945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Archer: Danger Island

A massive improvement on the boring shit that was Dreamland though not as great as it used to be.

7/10
  • AdzB 10 Sep 2018 11:15:00 43 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sharp Objects

7/10 I like a good mystery and this reminded a little of the first series of True Detective. A few plot holes but otherwise enjoyable
  • mrpon 10 Sep 2018 11:18:32 34,773 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    The Punisher

Great. Alongside the first season of Daredevil easily ranks (not that hard to be honest) as the best marvel series netflix have done. Whilst not wholly original it is involving with a good cast of characters, and is a lot more thoughtful than it should be (in a good way).

4.5/5
    Yup pretty much this, loved the dynamic with Micro. Now onto JJ S2, which I think is the correct timeline order.
  • Jono62 10 Sep 2018 11:26:16 21,153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    Archer: Danger Island

A massive improvement on the boring shit that was Dreamland though not as great as it used to be.

7/10
    I tried to watch the first episode and it was boring. I'll give it another go.
  • Stuz359 10 Sep 2018 13:06:34 122 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iron fist s2

A lot better than s1, the fights are actually decent this time and the story a lot more compelling. Stripping it down to ten episodes also helps keep it a lot more focused than previous marvel series

8/10
  • Dougs 10 Sep 2018 13:54:42 87,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    AdzB wrote:
    Sharp Objects

7/10 I like a good mystery and this reminded a little of the first series of True Detective. A few plot holes but otherwise enjoyable
    I have just started this, watched the first 2 episodes. I like it a lot, but my god it is unrelentingly bleak!
  • sirtacos 11 Sep 2018 00:28:01 8,068 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Atlanta: Robbin Season

The first season was great, but this one is consistently brilliant from start to finish.

10/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Sep 2018 00:23:34 8,055 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Staircase

Brilliant. I know the original series (first eight episodes) predates Netflix by years but that they've bought it and it seems like the template for all their true crime it feels like Netflix is the perfect home for this.

Seeing the defence build their case is fascinating although the follow up episode made me feel a bit weird. Peterson's act felt more contrived, like he was performing for the camera and like so many similar series it felt like the filmmakers were totally under the subjects spell.

Still though, if there is one thing branded as Netflix Original that is consistently excellent it's this style of show.

9/10
  • JoelStinty 12 Sep 2018 09:47:23 6,878 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:
    The Punisher

4.5/5
    Yup pretty much this, loved the dynamic with Micro. Now onto JJ S2, which I think is the correct timeline order.
    Yeah that dynamic was the best part of the show for me as well. Writers were pretty brave and succeeded in making it a show about men opening up to each other and challenging ideas of toxic masculinity in which Micro was the catalyst for all that, but still the writers somehow maintained the brutality of the punisher. In fact it probably made his actions even more brutal, powerful and effective. Those last two episodes!

The whole thing could have easily fallen apart and been laid on too thick, and the backlash would have been pretty immense. But for the most part they done a great job.

I also try to watch all the marvel stuff in timeline order, i caught up with all the movies up to IW now. Guess its season 2 of JJ next for me then :) (though in a couple of months i suspect)
  • AdzB 12 Sep 2018 10:45:58 43 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Dougs
    Yep I wasn’t expecting it to be so bleak to start of with, though that seems to fit well with the rural south setting. The soundtrack is great though, currently listening to it on Spotify

Edit replied rather than quoted but still applies!

Edited by AdzB at 10:48:20 12-09-2018
  • kentmonkey 12 Sep 2018 11:08:08 22,737 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @JoelStinty agreed, I felt exactly the same.

Punisher was one of the best TV series I watched in the last 4-5 years, nevermind one of the best (if not the best) Marvel series.

I did really like Daredevil S1 but I think Punisher edges it, just by being a deeper experience.
  • Fab4 12 Sep 2018 12:29:03 8,718 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    The Staircase

Brilliant. I know the original series (first eight episodes) predates Netflix by years but that they've bought it and it seems like the template for all their true crime it feels like Netflix is the perfect home for this.

Seeing the defence build their case is fascinating although the follow up episode made me feel a bit weird. Peterson's act felt more contrived, like he was performing for the camera and like so many similar series it felt like the filmmakers were totally under the subjects spell.

Still though, if there is one thing branded as Netflix Original that is consistently excellent it's this style of show.

9/10
    Now go online and look for the owl theory :)
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Sep 2018 17:51:25 8,055 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Fab4 oh wow now that is a twist!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.