Following Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 201

• wobbly_Bob 12 Sep 2018 18:29:49 4,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iorn Fist: Season 2

MUCH better than the first one. I actually really, really enjoyed this. It's gone from, yeeeeeeah it's ok to bloody hell when is season 3?! Even if you didn't get on with the first one you should give this a go. 9/10

Dark Tourist
    I didn't think I would enjoy this but ended up really liking it. I would be up for another season. Each episode packs in 2 or 3 places. Macabre/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 12 Sep 2018 19:50:56 8,055 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm interested in some of the places and stories Dark Tourist seems to feature but the presentation looks a bit edgelord-y
  • Fab4 13 Sep 2018 19:24:06 8,718 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Lodge 49 (S1) - 10/10

This came out of left-field for me, as I had heard nothing about it before giving it a go, but at the moment I would put it as my favourite series of this year.

It is really difficult to pigeonhole it though. It has comedic and dramatic elements to it, combined with a smattering of surrealism, and has a cast full of wonderful characters. I really hope they get more seasons to further develop the story, but I could also easily see it being cancelled.

Edited by Fab4 at 19:24:30 13-09-2018
  • Vortex808 14 Sep 2018 09:59:02 12,755 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cov wrote:
    I love gomorrah especially s3 u have a treat in store
    Just got through ep 4 last night, you weren't kidding. It's ramping up nicely. You never know what's going to happen.

Looks like S3 got a budget update after it taking off internationally too I think. It looks a bit more cinematic compared to S1&2. I guess they have opened up the locations too, so it might just be that.

This is certainly becoming my favourite series in years.
  • Dougs 14 Sep 2018 10:16:36 87,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I really should get round to that. I've watched the first 3 or 4, loved it. But I do most of my TV watching on my commute, so am relying on Sky to sort out downloads for NowTV. I cba with torrents etc these days.
  • Vortex808 14 Sep 2018 10:21:50 12,755 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really can't recommend it enough Dougs, especially if you like a crime story.

This is up there with the Sopranos for me, fucking brilliant stuff. The only issue wil be once I have burned through all the blu-rays and caught up with it, it'll be a looong wait for S4.

Might have to just pony up for it and watch it online when it starts broadcasting i guess!
  • askew 14 Sep 2018 10:25:20 17,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What about Suburra? I started watching it last Autumn, but other series got in the way. It's the Roman cousin to Gomorrah's Neapolitan, isn't it?
  • Dougs 14 Sep 2018 10:38:24 87,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I know jaangus has been on at me to watch it for years (especially given my love of The Sopranos). I will get round to it....
  • spindle9988 14 Sep 2018 11:22:15 4,778 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    American Vandal S1 9/10

Someone has spraypainted a dick on every teachers car and they have expelled a student due to his reputation for dick drawing.

2 other students decide to film a documentary to see if they can find the truth.

So good you actually forget it's not a real documentary at times. The cast are brilliant throughout and it is just a great watch.

S2 on today

Edited by spindle9988 at 11:28:50 14-09-2018
  • richarddavies 14 Sep 2018 11:27:57 6,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not a real documentary??
  • Fab4 14 Sep 2018 12:29:13 8,718 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    askew wrote:
    What about Suburra? I started watching it last Autumn, but other series got in the way. It's the Roman cousin to Gomorrah's Neapolitan, isn't it?
    Suburra is also great.
  • Vortex808 14 Sep 2018 12:38:07 12,755 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Another to add to the list then, thanks folks!
  • spindle9988 14 Sep 2018 13:42:24 4,778 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    It's not a real documentary??
    Not sure if this is a joke or not.

Just watched the opening of the 1st ep of season 2. Looks like it is going to be really good.
  • jaangus 14 Sep 2018 14:54:30 5,373 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Yeah, I know jaangus has been on at me to watch it for years (especially given my love of The Sopranos). I will get round to it....
    Hehe best get cracking. Im all excited as I saw that they are making a prequel film centred on Ciro called the immortal. Also Savianos Zero Zero Zero is being turned into a tv series.
  • jaangus 14 Sep 2018 14:55:14 5,373 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    askew wrote:
    If you can find Romanzo Criminale anywhere thats really good.
  • Vortex808 14 Sep 2018 15:10:58 12,755 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jaangus wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Hehe best get cracking. Im all excited as I saw that they are making a prequel film centred on Ciro called the immortal.
    I will totally be watching that- Is it a proper ' out in the cinema' film, or a 'tv special' film job?

I saw a trailer for romanza criminale on the Blu-ray and certainly might give that a go some time.

Edited by Vortex808 at 15:11:30 14-09-2018
  • Dougs 14 Sep 2018 15:50:58 87,053 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    jaangus wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Hehe best get cracking. Im all excited as I saw that they are making a prequel film centred on Ciro called the immortal. Also Savianos Zero Zero Zero is being turned into a tv series.
    :D
  • jaangus 14 Sep 2018 18:40:01 5,373 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    jaangus wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Hehe best get cracking. Im all excited as I saw that they are making a prequel film centred on Ciro called the immortal.
    I will totally be watching that- Is it a proper ' out in the cinema' film, or a 'tv special' film job?

I saw a trailer for romanza criminale on the Blu-ray and certainly might give that a go some time.
    I think its a cinema release apparently its the first Italian series to have a film made from it. I know the first two episodes of season 3 were shown in the cinema in Italy and blew everything else out of the water takings wise so I guess the Italians love it as much as I do.

Romanzo is ace its not as good as Gomorrah (not much is) but its pretty good. I might watch it again, sure I have still got it on an old skybox and from what i can recall its murder trying to find season 1 with english subs. I am fairly certain Romanzo is based on real life events same for Gomorrah although that's been adapted a lot.

Oh and if you like The Wire and havent seen Generation Kill watch that too, its pretty damned good.

Bit off topic but do any of you fine gentlemen / ladies know if its possible to get Spiral (engrages) on bluray with english subs ill never forgive those netflix bastards for removing it when I was halfway through season 3 :(. From what ive seen thats another top draw foreign drama.
  • northside 16 Sep 2018 21:16:43 654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Just watched the opening of the 1st ep of season 2. Looks like it is going to be really good.
    I'm probably going to jinx it now but I'm three episodes in and so far it's been better.

They're playing it more seriously this time around which is making it even funnier.
  • TheSaint 16 Sep 2018 22:27:10 18,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Spiral is on ITunes. I picked it up recently when it was on sale.

Edited by TheSaint at 22:27:38 16-09-2018
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Sep 2018 22:33:14 23,621 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Plague
    Well actually La Peste on iplayer.
    Six 45 min episodes with subtitles just in case your Spanish isn't up to much. Murder mystery/drama set in 16th Century Seville at the time of The Plague!
    Very enjoyable, wonderful recreation of 16th C Spain. Apparently the most spent on a tv drama, you can see why.
    Would absolutely recommend.
  • gooner77 16 Sep 2018 22:41:06 1,333 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iron Fist S2 7/10

Generally better than S1 partially due to having slightly fewer episodes and gradually focusing more on Colleen Wing who is a much better character. The fight scenes are better and the dialogue too.

Unfortunately the Meachums feature a bit more than they should do and Typhoid Mary was a decent new character.
  • Blakester 17 Sep 2018 10:53:03 4,575 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Unforgotten Seasons 2 & 3

Simply great television with characters you care about and just enough mystery to keep you hooked from episode to episode.

The final episodes of season 3 were chilling to the bone.

Season 2 - 8/10
    Season 3 - 9/10
  • crashVoodoo 17 Sep 2018 11:40:01 6,080 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Deep State 8/10
    finally go round to watching this i after downloading all the 4k episodes when the new sky box was installed.

love a good government conspiracy show and this delivered enough to make me want to check out a season 2.

I also love the opening titles and music

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:41:10 17-09-2018
  • glaeken 17 Sep 2018 11:57:34 11,931 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Westworld series 2 - 6/10 - I liked it overall but the plot was very muddled and it was not at all clear what some of the individual story lines featuring certain characters were trying to achieve. I also think the multiple time line thing really did not need to be there. It feels like just because it was in the first series they felt like they needed to do it again.

It had some great scenes throughout the series but the overall story arc was just a bit pants really.
  • samyboy 17 Sep 2018 16:57:07 86 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I am not even gonna take a breath about GOT, I am gonna write about The Mentalist which I got done watching. It was a good show, all in all but when after Patrick Jane got done tracking the murderer of her wife and daughter, the show went downhill. However, I am still going to rate it 7/10.
  • JanetSnakehole 17 Sep 2018 17:36:20 406 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I've watched some television before and sometimes I think it's good but other times it's not so good. Overall I give television 6/10.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 17 Sep 2018 20:37:36 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BOSCH season 1

Really struggled to get through is towards the end. I'm not normally a cheesy cop show guy as it is but this felt like a parody a lot of the time. Also special mention to his boss man for what is genuinely one of the hilariously bad performances I've ever seen.

I've seen a lot of reviews saying the second season is a marked improvement but is it still cheeseball Last Action Hero type stuff?
  • macmurphy 17 Sep 2018 20:55:35 3,475 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Decks

Whoís his boss? Lance Reddick, the black fellah from the Wire?

Donít know what to tell you, I liked it from the start. I can see how Parks and Recreation was a bit shit in series 1 and then improved, with this I canít remember a big change. If you donít like it now Iím not sure series 2 will change your mind.

Like I said I always liked it. He sometimes walks like someoneís stuck a cactus up his bum, but apart from that I canít really fault it. Itís no Wire, but I thought it was better than average.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 17 Sep 2018 21:09:55 16,713 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah the black guy who talks with his teeth clenched and face all constipated all the time. Like I said it's not really my normal sort of thing but I thought I'd try it.

For the record I couldn't get through the first season of The Wire when I tried either. I think it's just these kind of cop shows don't do it for me, I think I've watched too many parodies which makes them just come across as faintly rediculous.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.