Following Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 214

Next Last
  • jaangus 11 Jan 2019 14:21:58 5,376 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Gomorrah is the best thing i've watched in years. Get seasons 2 & 3 done asap!

I now have Season 1 of Romanza Criminale to watch yet too. Looking forward to it!
    Romanzo Criminale is awesome. Season 4 of Gomorrah is out in March but I am not sure if thats Italy only or us as well. Not overly fussed by the GoT finale but am very excited for s4 of Gomorrah.
  • Vortex808 11 Jan 2019 14:48:27 12,934 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jaangus wrote:

Romanzo Criminale is awesome. Season 4 of Gomorrah is out in March but I am not sure if thats Italy only or us as well.
    Sweet. Even if it's only Italy in March, then surely it won't take long before it can be streamed here.
    I didn't know when it was out, so even having a rough idea helps, although I am rather excited for it, so wil be getting impatient from march on now!

Hope it can match the awesomeness of the others.
  • jaangus 11 Jan 2019 15:16:48 5,376 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    jaangus wrote:

Romanzo Criminale is awesome. Season 4 of Gomorrah is out in March but I am not sure if thats Italy only or us as well.
    Sweet. Even if it's only Italy in March, then surely it won't take long before it can be streamed here.
    I didn't know when it was out, so even having a rough idea helps, although I am rather excited for it, so wil be getting impatient from march on now!

Hope it can match the awesomeness of the others.
    Theres a trailer knocking about somewhere, some of it is set in london. You should enjoy Romanzo, I watched it a while ago on Sky Arts.

Glad to see everyone likes Escape from Dannemora, only seen the first episode so far. I hate Ben stiller as an actor but he seems to be a good director.

Edited by jaangus at 15:17:16 11-01-2019
  • Lotos8ter 11 Jan 2019 15:54:23 2,651 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @splosh thanks for the tips. I must admit, I did a “you must be fucking joking” at some monstrosity of a couch that turned up. I think the street kids were using it for target practice later on. 😜
  • QBX 13 Jan 2019 16:24:26 15 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Peaky Blinders Season 4 (BBC)

I had no idea what was going on in S3 so this was a vast improvement.

My main criticism right from the outset is the contrivance/incredulity which pops up every now and again. The family have their heads in the gallows and pardoned at the last minute (again) by the King no less!

They introduced Adrien Brody (channeling his inner Godfather) as a catalyst to bring some form of impact to the plot armour some of the main characters have but after the second episode he becomes impotent being outsmarted at every turn.

From the second series there feels like little real progression as everything always works out alright in the end. Just lots of swearing and sex in between.

As ever though you can't fault the production values.

7/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jan 2019 23:05:24 8,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Flowers series 1

Weird bleak sad dark comedy with Olivia Coleman, Julian Barrett and a load of people from different Black Mirror episodes in it.

Very good.

8.5/10
  • robthehermit 14 Jan 2019 15:12:58 7,073 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Future Man

7/10

Mildly amusing, time travel comedy that tries too hard and is not as clever or as funny as it thinks it is.

Would have been better if every time they referenced a genre staple they didn't follow it up 30 seconds later with "Did you see what we did there? We referenced something and made it funny"

All that aside, we watched the whole thing in a couple of sittings over the weekend and are looking forward to the next series.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 14 Jan 2019 23:52:58 8,751 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spaced

Still absolute perfection

100 / 10
  • Tomo 15 Jan 2019 01:09:42 16,235 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Sharp Objects - gahhh/10

It's 10/10 stuff for the first 6 episodes and then slowly begins to shit itself in the final two. Probably a 7 or 8 on the whole. I really enjoyed it as it was going though. Some amazing characters, lovely direction and simmering tension throughout. Eventually goes the way of most page turners.
  • Fab4 15 Jan 2019 19:59:00 8,771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Don't Trust the B**** in Apt 23 - 10/10 (For both seasons)

Fucking hilarious :) Ritter was made for her role.

How it only got 2 seasons, while some shite gets 4 times that amount, is beyond me.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.