Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 225

• Frogofdoom 24 May 2019 10:04:20 13,910 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed handmaids as well, season 2 was good as well. Season 3 isnt far away either.

I only started watching it because you said you were enjoying it, I had assumed it was a period drama from the name and ignored it. I had no idea is was a completely different sort of drama about periods.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 24 May 2019 10:31:19 10,899 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mum: series 1-3

Quiet, sweet, sad, well observed, occasionally very funny.

8.5/10
  • TechnoHippy 27 May 2019 15:06:27 15,370 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fortitude (S3)

Loved this - very dark with an interesting mystery. The Sheriff was an excellent character and with a marvellous beard. It could have done with more than 4 episodes to finish the story off.

8/10
  • richardiox 27 May 2019 20:42:43 7,751 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Anyone watching Chernobyl? Saw a Facebook advert that said it's the highest rated TV show ever made. According to user ratings on IMDb, it is.

I'm sure the show is decent but only 3 episodes in... surely not better than the likes of Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire etc though? I'm gonna guess HBO/ Sky have employed an agency to upvote the IMDb page. Unless it is actually that good?!
  • Blackmarsh63 27 May 2019 20:51:57 2,538 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @richardiox It's pretty good so far. Not BB or The Wire quality but i'm looking forward to the next episode which is rare for me.
  • retro74 27 May 2019 20:58:46 2,863 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Barry season 2

Other than one excellent episode I enjoyed the first season more. Still decent TV though

7 out of 10
  • richardiox 27 May 2019 20:59:57 7,751 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @richardiox It's pretty good so far. Not BB or The Wire quality but i'm looking forward to the next episode which is rare for me.
    It gets 9.7 on IMDB, just find that a bit sketchy. Going to watch it and see for myself.
  • fontgeeksogood 27 May 2019 23:41:29 6,722 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Immediate enthusiasm is all that is. I saw a similar advert which said GoT was higher rated than the Sopranos.

Democracy doesn't work
  • Tomo 28 May 2019 00:51:50 16,701 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Anyone watching Chernobyl? Saw a Facebook advert that said it's the highest rated TV show ever made. According to user ratings on IMDb, it is.

I'm sure the show is decent but only 3 episodes in... surely not better than the likes of Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire etc though? I'm gonna guess HBO/ Sky have employed an agency to upvote the IMDb page. Unless it is actually that good?!
    Seen 2 episodes so far. It's fantastic.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 28 May 2019 15:10:56 1,259 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Lucifer Season 4.

Loved it. By far the best series of the lot and has benefited from being on Netflix and now being darker. Possibly over doing it with the Lucifer walking around in the buff shots and Detective Douche didn't quite work in some scenes and seemed like he was just a hormonal teen for most of the series.

Hopefully it will get another season now (apparently they'll know by 8 June). Netflix UK needs to get the other 3 seasons on to it's network as you're not going to watch the fourth season if you've never heard of it.

9/10
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 May 2019 15:14:25 20,642 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sally4Ever

ok then.

Yes.
  • minky-kong 28 May 2019 15:16:01 14,349 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Episode 4, yeah?
  • TechnoHippy 28 May 2019 15:16:51 15,370 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

Seen 2 episodes so far. It's fantastic.
    Watched the third episode over the weekend and it's a grim, but compelling watch.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 28 May 2019 15:19:38 20,642 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Episode 4, yeah?
    Just all of it really. I think I liked it though.
  • fiery_jackass 28 May 2019 15:23:17 1,137 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Killing Eve series 2

Big step backwards in quality from series 1, generally pretty dull. Jodie does a fine acting job though.
  • JoelStinty 28 May 2019 17:41:13 8,065 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dexter Season 2.

Good fun, although it did have a couple of things that didn;t quite work for me, or weren't quite executed well enough to work. The Lila and Doakes sub stories had there moments, but both kind of dragged the series down in the last couple of episodes. However the Deborah, Lundy, and Bastita stories i found really satisfying.

4/5

Edited by JoelStinty at 17:41:39 28-05-2019
  • Saul_Iscariot 28 May 2019 19:01:34 3,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PJ Masks- This animated series is clearly made for those tired of the super hero genre. It exposes the many flaws that plague the usual super hero premise.

It features three super heroes, all school children, who have powers based on various animals; a cat, gecko and owl. The cat is simplistically selfish, fast and has a penchant for being right. The latter power is juxtaposed by him always messing up, finally learning his lesson, overcoming the threat then reverting back to character. The sublime, existential commentary on the human condition is so nuanced that I am surprised that DC and Marvel have not called it a day on their paltry offerings.

If you thought that wasn’t enough the owl character is played by a lady. Her powers include flight, enhanced vision and being taken for granted. The fact that they can use this character to simultaneously challenge the roles of genders in society whilst reinforcing the notion that most things are a woman’s fault is so nuanced that I am surprised that DC and Marvel have not called it a day.

The other character is a gecko who is super strong and can turn invisible. A bit shit, but how can any tv series juggle three characters with such depth? Though he does have moments to shine when it is shown that the useless one can look good in green.

There are some villains, a ninja, mad professor and many, many more. Or maybe just the one. These are clearly metaphors for my nephews who have taken over everything in my life for the last week. The horrible shits.
  • Jono62 28 May 2019 22:24:36 22,663 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @JoelStinty Only watch up to series 4.
  • kentmonkey 28 May 2019 22:35:53 23,100 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Saul_Iscariot they all also have the power of no sleep as they are awake all day and only gain their superpowers at night. So they never sleep.

And amazingly, even though their are lights on in the houses, there is never anybody walking about and nobody ever hears all the commotion outside, which includes when the fucking gecko mobile drives up their house and across their roofs.

Fucking. Awful. Show. Thankfully my boy has moved on to Ninjago.
  • cov 31 May 2019 10:47:37 1,966 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Whoever recommended barry nice one you were spot on. Excellent all round and binged the whole lot in one go which is something i havent done for a long time 9/10
  • TechnoHippy 2 Jun 2019 17:18:01 15,370 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Good Omens

Loved the book and was quite eager to watch this and while it's not as good as the book, it's a fairly decent adaptation. I wasn't keen on some of the changes like Anathema's character, but overall I enjoyed it.

8/10

Edited by TechnoHippy at 09:35:24 03-06-2019
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Jun 2019 17:32:20 27,324 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    @JoelStinty Only watch up to series 4.
    Maybe 5 at a stretch.
    Dokes was awesome.
  • Vice.Destroyer 2 Jun 2019 21:32:48 7,257 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When They See us. 10/10

Oh my god. What a story. You may feel you have heard the story before, because in america, there are no new stories, only new faces and locations. But this true story is beautifully shot, incredibly acted and should be watched by everyone. Apparently, the director plucked most of the young actors from drama workshops. And they act their socks off.

I have watched three episodes in one sitting, but I can't watch the final episode yet. It is simply too harrowing.
  • TechnoHippy 3 Jun 2019 09:38:11 15,370 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Upon reflection I think I was a tad harsh with my score for Good Omens, so upgraded it to an 8.

Lucifer (S1)

Gave up on this previously, but after some good reviews for the new season I thought I'd give it another try and quite enjoyed it. Lucifer himself is quite annoying, but does possess some charisma and the overarching story of his celestial nature does balance the murder of the day procedural side. It's kept me interested enough to watch the next series, which is more than Gotham managed.

7/10
  • wuntyphyve 3 Jun 2019 10:50:53 12,660 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ash vs Evil Dead s1

Hurry up and put the other two seasons up netflix! That was fucking brilliant.

10/10

Edited by wuntyphyve at 10:51:20 03-06-2019
  • DugBriderider 3 Jun 2019 12:43:36 824 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good Omens

As a fan of the book (was a long time ago though) I think they did a really good job of bringing 90% of the content in and updating the references and maybe adding a bit more.

Tennent chews the scenery a bit Dr Who style but it's often necessary. Martin Sheen was really likeable as the angel. Its the first time I've seen him do a character I have affection for. 11 year old Adam, and Jack Whitehall I would have re-cast.

Lots of little cameo treats. Unlike the above I liked Anathema's changes I expect someone said can we a have a Bayoneta style witch please, always a good call.

The narration gave a very Hitchhikers feel which allowed for more gags but the fantastical vfx were only a small step up from Dr Who. Definitely worth a watch with the advantage that it is only 6x1 hour episodes to the apocalypse and done.

8/10
  • Jono62 3 Jun 2019 16:53:52 22,663 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cobra Kai S1 - 9/10

Got a free 4 month YouTube premium voucher and this was the first thing it recommended and I'm glad it did.

It's Karate Kid in modern times. Larusso and Lawrence are back with the focus on Lawrence who is down on his luck. He decides to open up Cobra Kai and fun ensues.

Well worth watching.
  • Anthony_UK 3 Jun 2019 21:39:52 2,958 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Last Kingdom Seasons 1-3

Starts off trying a little too hard to match HBO for gore and nudity when it isn't needed, but quickly stettles into its own show, which is rather brilliant.

Uses the true story of King Alfred fighting the Danes and Vikings as its base, while adding fictional characters to the mix. It has great cast, moves along at a decent pace and while the battles don't have the budget of something like GOT, they're still impressive and with a lack of obvious CGI throughout along with some solid set design, you have a world that feels real and grounded.

One of the best things I've seen for a while

9/10
  • TechnoHippy 4 Jun 2019 10:01:10 15,370 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Anthony_UK I loved the first series, but kinda drifted out of it in season 2 - maybe I need to give it another try.
  • MrWonderstuff 4 Jun 2019 10:59:39 2,988 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Anthony_UK Yea great series, really looking to season 4.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.