Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 239

    Next Last
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Sep 2019 09:15:59 24,912 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just a "heads up" the sublime Top Boy has been picked up by Netflix, new series starts next week.

    On a similar vein I wish BBC 2 would confirm a date for season 3 of Snowfall.
  • RawShark 7 Sep 2019 10:42:37 728 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

    Donít know what to say other than I loved it. The difference between the puppetry and the CG was jarring at first but I soon got used to it and by the end I completely forgot there was a difference.

    And for a PG itís pretty... well, dark. There are some pretty harrowing scenes in there.

    Never thought a revival of what was a fairly experimental and sadly forgotten 80s film would end up being better than the last season of GoT.

    10/10
  • Blakester 7 Sep 2019 17:16:23 4,749 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    bobzemko wrote:
    Anyone watching Succession? It's so good.
    Just finished season one and yes itís brilliant.

    Laugh our loud funny, cringe inducing and with a cast of horrible rich misfits. Brian Cox (not that one) is sublime.
  • Baihu1983 8 Sep 2019 10:05:34 11,625 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally started watching The IT Crowd on Netflix.

    I feel bad for not watching it when it originally aired. Been a while since a show made me laugh this much
  • Lotos8ter 9 Sep 2019 10:27:51 2,809 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Another vote for Succession - absolutely brilliant. Great cast, script, music and although it all about business, its never dry. Some stand out performances from Dundee's own Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong too.

    Season 1 is complete and its about halfway through S2 on Now TV / Sky box sets - well worth a look. Don't expect to love it straight away, a bit like the Wire, its about the characters and journeys...
  • Dougs 9 Sep 2019 10:37:41 90,230 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Started it last night, loved it!
  • macmurphy 9 Sep 2019 10:47:42 3,943 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

    I never watched the originals but will catch up. Saw an article on the BBC that basically Drake loves the show, heard it had been cancelled then just went to Netflix with Ashley Walters and made them do another. Heís got an executive producer credit. Legend.
  • yegon 10 Sep 2019 00:27:02 6,394 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    Another vote for Succession - absolutely brilliant. Great cast, script, music and although it all about business, its never dry. Some stand out performances from Dundee's own Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong too.

    Season 1 is complete and its about halfway through S2 on Now TV / Sky box sets - well worth a look. Don't expect to love it straight away, a bit like the Wire, its about the characters and journeys...
    Absolutely agree. Itís my favourite show of recent times by a country mile.

    Originally went in thinking, hmm, rich people with rich people problems, yawn. Itís much, much better than that and season 2 has been great so far, so much tension and Machiavellian manoeuvring with numerous standout, mostly grotesque, characters.

    Great score too.

    Edited by yegon at 00:31:00 10-09-2019
  • HarryPalmer 10 Sep 2019 09:20:17 5,958 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep, halfway through s1 of Succession and while Iím not fully into it yet, it is clearly quality and has tons of potential. Sort of like a mix of The Thick of It and Deadwood.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Sep 2019 23:16:43 10,911 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Handmaid's Tale season 3

    After season 2 was a bit lacking in a sense of direction this one really has a lot of momentum.

    I suppose I could be picky and say June's transformation into revolutionary superhero gives her plot armour and agency to affect the world which are hugely at odds with the position she's in. Plenty of characters have been executed for far less than she does most episodes over the series.

    But the emotional pull and narrative drive carry things satisfyingly.

    8/10

    Edited by simpleexplodingmaybe at 23:17:07 10-09-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 14 Sep 2019 18:09:27 24,912 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just a "heads up" the sublime Top Boy has been picked up by Netflix, new series starts next week.

    On a similar vein I wish BBC 2 would confirm a date for season 3 of Snowfall.
    Just spent all day watching all 10 episodes of season 3 (although NF call it 1) of Top Boy.
    Absolutely must see tv. Loved it, recommended likewise the channel 4 series 1 and 2.
    10/10
  • Addy__ 14 Sep 2019 18:19:13 1,432 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    American Horror Story Apocalypse (Season 8)

    Last full season I watched of this was Coven which I think was Season 3. Lost interest after that. I actually only watched S8 due to a couple of hints about characters so felt like a good progression.

    Anyway I really enjoyed this a lot more than I expected. Kathy Bates can still pull off that psychopathic persona even now. Quite looking forward to S9 which is a blatant 80's camp slasher rip off.

    7.5/10

    Edited by Addy__ at 18:19:54 14-09-2019
  • spindle9988 14 Sep 2019 20:08:36 4,955 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just a "heads up" the sublime Top Boy has been picked up by Netflix, new series starts next week.

    On a similar vein I wish BBC 2 would confirm a date for season 3 of Snowfall.
    Just spent all day watching all 10 episodes of season 3 (although NF call it 1) of Top Boy.
    Absolutely must see tv. Loved it, recommended likewise the channel 4 series 1 and 2.
    10/10
    Thanks for the review. I am going to start this tomorrow morning and hopefully not move all day. Fuck the sun.
  • JoelStinty 14 Sep 2019 20:59:38 8,073 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Glow S1

    Mostly enjoyed it. Good characters and good fun albeit it is more about the journey rather than being about anything, so what could be something quite special turns out to be just easy watching. Nothing to wrong with that as itís often funny and refreshing to watch.

    4/5
  • erasr 14 Sep 2019 21:02:57 327 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Unbelievable.

    An excellent series on Netflix. Itís new and covers a really hard to watch story about rape.

    Well written and good acting. On the other side of the spectrum I tried to watch The I-Land the other night and omgggg that is horrifically bad!

    Anyway, Unbelievable gets 8.5/10. Maybe a 9.
  • erasr 14 Sep 2019 21:04:02 327 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually, please do watch ep 1 of The I-Land.

    Please 😂😂 that opening scene....
  • cowell 14 Sep 2019 21:08:17 1,987 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Glow S1

    Mostly enjoyed it. Good characters and good fun albeit it is more about the journey rather than being about anything, so what could be something quite special turns out to be just easy watching. Nothing to wrong with that as itís often funny and refreshing to watch.

    4/5
    Big fan of Glow. Sustains a good standard through all 3 seasons. Some great performances across the cast. Am a fan of Marc Maron now
  • JoelStinty 14 Sep 2019 21:49:58 8,073 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Glow S1

    Mostly enjoyed it. Good characters and good fun albeit it is more about the journey rather than being about anything, so what could be something quite special turns out to be just easy watching. Nothing to wrong with that as itís often funny and refreshing to watch.

    4/5
    Big fan of Glow. Sustains a good standard through all 3 seasons. Some great performances across the cast. Am a fan of Marc Maron now
    Yeah he is very good in it. Never seen him in anything before and not aware of him as a comedian either, though I just seen he is in almost famous which I rather like but can't remember him in it. Seems he quite big as a tv circuit comedian.

    Edited by JoelStinty at 21:51:23 14-09-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Sep 2019 07:49:54 24,912 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just a "heads up" the sublime Top Boy has been picked up by Netflix, new series starts next week.

    On a similar vein I wish BBC 2 would confirm a date for season 3 of Snowfall.
    Just spent all day watching all 10 episodes of season 3 (although NF call it 1) of Top Boy.
    Absolutely must see tv. Loved it, recommended likewise the channel 4 series 1 and 2.
    10/10
    Thanks for the review. I am going to start this tomorrow morning and hopefully not move all day. Fuck the sun.
    How did you get on ;)
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.