Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 264

• cov 15 Mar 2020 20:07:11 2,168 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Altered carbon s2

Slow start but really picked up pace by the end. More pls.

8/10
  • Dougs 15 Mar 2020 22:56:55 92,762 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Unbelievable. 9/10. Excellent police drama based on a true story. Toni Collette and Merrit Wever are brilliant. Best I've seen in a while.
  • elstoof 15 Mar 2020 23:09:42 25,407 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I need to pick that back up again, got a couple of episodes in last year but seemed pretty good
  • RGeefe 15 Mar 2020 23:53:56 596 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bosch (S1)

Saw this on Prime and thought it'd be a fairly easy watch. Not done a cop drama in a while and wanted to see how the genre changed. Really surprised me. Pacy. Well acted and directed which a bit more depth to the character than you'd normally expect. Ended up knocking through the series in about a week.

7/10
  • Ocrovastru 16 Mar 2020 04:22:12 659 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hunters on prime. Fucking brutal. But gripping.
  • Dougs 16 Mar 2020 06:56:39 92,762 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    RGeefe wrote:
    Bosch (S1)

Saw this on Prime and thought it'd be a fairly easy watch. Not done a cop drama in a while and wanted to see how the genre changed. Really surprised me. Pacy. Well acted and directed which a bit more depth to the character than you'd normally expect. Ended up knocking through the series in about a week.

7/10
    Big fan of Bosch. Have read all the books and it took me a while to get used to the casting (Harry was described more as a Charles Bronson character) but I've made peace with it. Good stories, well acted and with good production values which elevate it imo.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Mar 2020 07:43:00 16,311 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Bordertown

They really build on the first season (which I enjoyed) with deeper investigations, delving into the characters and some quite shocking scenes - the Finn's don't fuck about!

8/10

And another shout in support of Bosch.
  • jimnastics 16 Mar 2020 09:59:17 1,763 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    RGeefe wrote:
    Bosch (S1)

7/10
    Big fan of Bosch. Have read all the books and it took me a while to get used to the casting (Harry was described more as a Charles Bronson character) but I've made peace with it. Good stories, well acted and with good production values which elevate it imo.
    Yep and I would say it gets better with each season up to 4. Bit of a drop off with 5, but I'm looking forward to 6 this year. It was announced yesterday that 7 will be the lest:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bosch-renewed-seventh-final-season-at-amazon-1279258
  • Armoured_Bear 18 Mar 2020 10:07:56 28,355 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dark (S2)

Thought they'd struggle to match S1 and of course, it doesn't have the same initial sense of mystery but instead, it gets even more complex and mind-bending, still with stellar writing and acting.
    The finale was proper jaw-dropping stuff, brilliantly executed.
    Best thing I've watched in years.

10/10
  • KnuttinAtoll 18 Mar 2020 10:23:10 7,818 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    End of the fucking World S1

Binged this in one go last night (not too hard with 8 episodes of 20 mins each), so weird yet refreshingly different. Excellent acting by the two leads, especially the girl.

Will likely finish S2 before end of the week, looking forward to how this develops.

9/10
  • jrmat 18 Mar 2020 18:43:33 176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll That a show or are you just looking out the window?
  • JoeBlade 18 Mar 2020 19:37:30 4,690 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:

Binged this in one go last night (not too hard with 8 episodes of 20 mins each), so weird yet refreshingly different. Excellent acting by the two leads, especially the girl.

Will likely finish S2 before end of the week, looking forward to how this develops.

9/10
    Loved the first season as well, didn't enjoy S2 as much. It's mostly the character development of the two leads that does it, they obviously can't do that all over again but at the same time I thought it was one of the main strengths of S1. Still worth it though.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 18 Mar 2020 20:01:05 2,746 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spaced 10/10

Third time Iíve watched it, so good - a film lovers dream too.

One of the few series I wouldnít want more of as itís perfect as it is
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 18 Mar 2020 21:13:56 23,300 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I Am Not Okay with This

Yeah quite enjoyed that. Felt like it ended when it was just getting going though. Will definitely be up for a second season.

8/10
  • Dougs 18 Mar 2020 22:24:22 92,762 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    CrispyXUKTurbo wrote:
    Spaced 10/10

Third time Iíve watched it, so good - a film lovers dream too.

One of the few series I wouldnít want more of as itís perfect as it is
    Agreed. It's very much of its time, but it's a time I remember fondly, so that's ok.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Mar 2020 14:57:51 22,783 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Castlevania (S3)

Well, that was weird. It had some real nice animation, some great fight scenes, and was trippy af towards the end.

On the negative side, Alucard's story was pretty dull and uneventful, as was Hector's. You always knew how they were going to end, and there wasn't really enough there to stretch out for 10 episodes.

But still, pretty good! I'd be up for more if they made them.
  • KnuttinAtoll 19 Mar 2020 15:09:01 7,818 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:

9/10
    Loved the first season as well, didn't enjoy S2 as much. It's mostly the character development of the two leads that does it, they obviously can't do that all over again but at the same time I thought it was one of the main strengths of S1. Still worth it though.
    Binged the whole of S2 in one go last night.

I sort of agree, but then again, I think the second season rounded the whole story up very nicely. The ending had me both in tears and glol'ing at the same time. Excellent stuff, so will give both seasons combined a

9.5/10
  • Immaterial 19 Mar 2020 15:09:17 2,383 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sex Education S1 and (most of) S2 9/10

OK, there's a touch of 'Hollyoaks with norks, panhandles and flapshots' about it, but I really enjoyed the odd little world the series are set in. All the cars and clothes look like they're from the eighties but people have mobile phones, there are some excellent characters in the mix and it's well written.

Got a real nostalgic '80s american high school feel to it, but with thoroughly modern characters.

Totally unsuitable for family viewing.
  • HookJaw 19 Mar 2020 15:17:33 169 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Peaky Blinders- Season 4

Loved the first 3 seasons, there was an element of credibility to them. The 4th season has killed it for me. It has become generic mob fare, the characters no longer feel believable and the story has been split into too many different directions.

After watching the 1st episode of season 5 last night, I've decided I'm done with it.
    5/10
  • robthehermit 19 Mar 2020 15:18:34 7,653 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Torchwood: Children of Earth 7/10

It was ok, not great but amusing enough, and tied everything up nicely.

Torchwood: Miracle Day 4/10

Why the fuck did they bother?
  • TechnoHippy 19 Mar 2020 17:50:17 16,311 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Gogol

A Russian gothic detective drama hunting an unstoppable horseman and it's a lot of fun. Gogol himself is quite tragic and broken, and so perfect for the story. There's a good blend of characters, and while it does have a monster of the week feel at times, it all connects with the main arc and so progresses quite well. The effects are a bit weak on occasion, but the atmosphere is suitably dark. I hope there's a second season.

7/10
  • Dougs 19 Mar 2020 20:05:17 92,762 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Parks and Rec S1. 7/10. Enjoyed it more 2nd time around but clearly still finding its feet a little. Halfway through S2 already. So good.
  • Blakester 20 Mar 2020 15:07:40 4,962 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Blitzed through series 1 of This Country.

Fantastic show, and yet another comedy tucked away in the schedules that broke out through word of mouth.

All the characters are recognisable to anyone that's spent more than a few minutes in a sleepy English village.

Kerry's mum may be my new favourite TV character.

9/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Mar 2020 07:42:43 12,531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Blakester so jealous that youíre getting to do this for the first time
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Mar 2020 07:47:07 12,531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @HookJaw it jumps the shark so hard
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Mar 2020 07:51:57 12,531 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Feel Good

Mae Martinís sitcom about being a recovering drug addict comedian starting a new relationship.

If you like laughing and crying.

9.5/10
  • Dougs 21 Mar 2020 07:56:33 92,762 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Blitzed through series 1 of This Country.

Fantastic show, and yet another comedy tucked away in the schedules that broke out through word of mouth.

All the characters are recognisable to anyone that's spent more than a few minutes in a sleepy English village.

Kerry's mum may be my new favourite TV character.

9/10
    I watched the first episode last night, thought it was excellently observed. Had totally passed me by, thanks EG
  • elstoof 21 Mar 2020 08:50:30 25,407 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Altered Carbon 2

Pretty much took all the interesting concepts from the books and turned it into generic sci-fi mush. Very disappointing, I hope they knock it on the head now. 4/10
  • RGeefe 21 Mar 2020 11:59:06 596 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tried This Country. Didn't land for me. Really struggled with it. Willing to give it another go.

Irony now is all the channels with have to start showing "classic" shows. As if Britbox needed another reason to be fucking redundant
  • Mola_Ram 21 Mar 2020 12:55:25 22,783 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kingdom (S2)

Season two of "what if tepid Korean period drama, but with zombies?"

It kind of has the opposite problem to Game of Thrones, in that the zombie stuff is far more entertaining than the political schemes and machinations and such. There's a fairly lengthy stretch in the middle of the season where the zombies barely figure at all, and I found it pretty difficult to care about who was doing what, for what reason.

But still, the action stuff is still there and still lots of fun, and the series still looks ever so expensive and pretty. It's still worth watching!

8/10

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.