Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 312

• anephric 8 Oct 2020 22:32:15 4,419 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RGeefe wrote:

I bounced off series 3 as it just felt a bit messy. This was just fantastic from start to finish. I gather my favourite series (2 and 4) have been the ones that people rate lower, but I'm really looking forward to 5 and hope the kids return.
    Season 4 is absolutely the best season. It covers pretty much everything you could need to say about a broken society/city and yet still retain some facet of hope without lapsing completely into cynicism.

Don't get your hopes up too much for Season 5, it doesn't completely shit the bed, but there's definitely shart on the duvet.
  • muddyyfunster 8 Oct 2020 22:32:57 301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Succession S2 is the most enjoyable TV I've seen. Masterful. It almost seems unrealistic to hope they can sustain that level.

Coincidentally, the only series I've watched that I'd put on the same level is mentioned two posts above. The Wire S4 was astonishingly brilliant. To have the bravery to hang the main plotline for a whole season on a group of child actors was a gamble. These kids were all so believable and understated that their stories were so affecting and moving. Even now I find myself hoping Duquan & Randy are doing ok, despite, you know, being fictional.

Edited by muddyyfunster at 22:33:50 08-10-2020
  • dfunked09 8 Oct 2020 23:28:30 533 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Succession S2 - fuck me that was good/100

The Fall S1 - 8/10 maybe
  • Dougs 9 Oct 2020 06:24:15 96,030 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Season finale tomorrow. Youíll be able to blast through S2 like nobodys business, you lucky dog.
    That's the plan. Although blasting through anything at the moment is tricky. Kids are getting older, so going to bed later. I am going to struggle with the concept of family entertainment
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Oct 2020 10:44:25 14,888 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Us

Gentle comedy drama about a bleak marriage break up scenario. Its good if a bit far fetched. Tom Hollander does his thing well and the flashback younger self has his mannerisms down perfectly. The younger wife just has similar coloured hair which is a shame when everything else is so well done. All the characters are fairly unloveable jerks.

I can imagine lockdown will have put a few couples in this sort of mindset.

8/10
  • SuperSoupy 9 Oct 2020 12:13:17 239 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    Succession S2 is the most enjoyable TV I've seen. Masterful. It almost seems unrealistic to hope they can sustain that level.
    Succession is so damn good. I have faith in 'em that S3 will be great. It should be out now but I'm not surprised it seems to be late with the world how it is. With the extra delayed time I reckon they can polish up something special.
  • TechnoHippy 9 Oct 2020 15:12:51 17,847 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The Boys (S2)

As much fun as the first season, and while I didn't think the ending was quite as impactful as the first, it still sets things up nicely for the next.

Remember what I told you - Don't be a cunt :-)

8/10
  • Bichii 9 Oct 2020 22:24:54 3,606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Warrior nun on Netflix. Ridiculous but felt compelled to keep going. Some nice twists and I do love me some religious themes. Sets up nicely for season 2.

7/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 9 Oct 2020 22:32:38 14,888 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spaced series 1

Again

10/10
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Oct 2020 22:52:44 3,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Man in the High Castle - Series 1 & 2 - Amazon Prime - 9.5/10

I didnít even know that this had been made, I donít usually have Prime. I got it back on for series 2 of the Boys, and found this when googling best Sci-Fi shows on Prime.

Based very loosely on Phillip K Dickís novel, it explores an alternate version of history where the Naziís and Japanese won the Second World War. There is a great cast, excellently shot, and intriguing and complex plot. Watching series 3 now, and enjoying the fact that the quality hasnít dropped yet.
  • gooner77 9 Oct 2020 23:18:31 1,500 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Boys Season 2 9/10

An impressive improvement over an already great 1st season. Topped off with a great final episode
  • Steve-Perry 9 Oct 2020 23:30:52 2,052 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I didn't realise 8 was the series finale. Was bloody great. I wish it was longer.

Homelander is such an absolute bastard. I love him. He's up there with some of the best GoT villains.
  • fontgeeksogood 10 Oct 2020 05:30:45 10,901 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I usually don't go for things based on cartoons but I found myself watching The Boys.

It felt like Guy Richie making Watchmen. And somehow that's quite good

7/10
  • RGeefe 10 Oct 2020 09:05:49 1,379 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    The Man in the High Castle - Series 1 & 2 - Amazon Prime - 9.5/10

I didnít even know that this had been made, I donít usually have Prime. I got it back on for series 2 of the Boys, and found this when googling best Sci-Fi shows on Prime.

Based very loosely on Phillip K Dickís novel, it explores an alternate version of history where the Naziís and Japanese won the Second World War. There is a great cast, excellently shot, and intriguing and complex plot. Watching series 3 now, and enjoying the fact that the quality hasnít dropped yet.
    It took me 3 attempts to get into that but once I did...unstoppable. it probably peaks with series 3. Four is definitely a step down but it's a show that really didn't outstay its welcome. Ends at the right time and in a pretty good way.
  • Gruff 10 Oct 2020 10:45:44 3,686 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Spaced series 1

Again

10/10
    It just never gets old, genius. Edgar Wright is a master editor and director, and the ensemble cast are perfect. Just class.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 Oct 2020 11:06:23 14,888 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Spaced series 1

Again

10/10
    It just never gets old, genius. Edgar Wright is a master editor and director, and the ensemble cast are perfect. Just class.
    There arenít many shows that get every single thing right like this does. And they were all about 25 when they made it too. Bastards.

Iíd be dead interested to see what Julian Barrettís Brian was going to be like had he been able to do it.
  • nickthegun 10 Oct 2020 11:08:06 83,333 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    It felt like Guy Richie making Watchmen. And somehow that's quite good
    I think it owes a lot to how badly preacher was eventually fucked up. Lessons seem to have been learned. Although they do, weirdly, seem to have done the same thing and circled back around to the start of the comic a handful of episodes in.
  • Jono62 10 Oct 2020 12:11:02 25,779 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Boys S2 - 8/10

Not as good as the first season. Homelander is still a cunt. They are all cunts really. They seemed to have invaded Mr Tom's wet dream near the end.
  • jimnastics 10 Oct 2020 14:42:59 1,865 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    The Boys S2 - 8/10

Not as good as the first season. Homelander is still a cunt. They are all cunts really. They seemed to have invaded Mr Tom's wet dream near the end.
    We're 4 episodes in and it's kinda dragging to be honest, I don't remember season 1 getting boring at any point. Hoping the second half picks up.
  • RGeefe 10 Oct 2020 18:42:39 1,379 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @nickthegun Preacher was a fucking slog. I felt I owed it to the comic to stick with it but jesus christ...missed opportunity. When it worked, it worked but it should have only been 2-3 series max. At least it got an ending.
  • creepiest-lizard 10 Oct 2020 21:06:38 2,162 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't know why they just didn't stick exactly to the stories of the comic and in that order. Those stories were much better than the shite that Rogen and co came up with.
  • Saul_Iscariot 10 Oct 2020 21:19:24 3,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RGeefe I started TMITHC on Monday night and am now on series 4. And I donít usually binge watch anything. This and Cobra Kai have kept me thoroughly engrossed. For different reasons, but so far I cannot really find fault with this.
  • JoelStinty 10 Oct 2020 22:02:34 9,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really enjoyed the entirety of the man in the high castle. It nailed the tone of what it is was trying to do. I really enjoyed fringe too, and they remind me a lot of each other. Thinking on it theyíre almost exactly the same show. I wouldnít call them guilty pleasures but theyíre my idea of fun TV. Good stuff.

Edited by JoelStinty at 22:03:05 10-10-2020
  • Ultrasoundwave 10 Oct 2020 23:32:15 6,135 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just started watching See on Apple TV+......quite enjoyed the first episode actually.

Anyone see the whole season??
  • Saul_Iscariot 11 Oct 2020 00:13:40 3,869 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave I am slowly watching it. I keep forgetting I have Apple TV. It seems okay, but it feels like one of those shows that has high production values, but a little unsure of where it wants to go.
  • bone-on 11 Oct 2020 01:20:09 577 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My mates been bugging me for ages to watch Friday Night Lights.

Top be honest I never really fancied it but I gave in.

I can honestly say now I've finished it its one of the best things I've ever watched. Brilliant.

"Clear eyes full hearts cant lose"
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2020 06:40:16 96,030 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    /sob. Love that show.
  • JoelStinty 11 Oct 2020 08:06:49 9,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I donít think I cried as much in a show as I have done with Friday Night lights.

Itís kind of nuts how a whole towns lifeís revolve around their handball teams. Re-reading Southern Bastards at the moment and they have the same set up so it must be a fairly common thing in America.
  • Dougs 11 Oct 2020 08:22:48 96,030 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I am quite fascinated by that. I've got back into Last Chance U and it's incredible how much it means to them. But given the size of most states, a lot of people have never left their own state, and probably city/town so there's going to be a connection to their high schools and universities which we just don't have.
  • gooner77 11 Oct 2020 10:20:33 1,500 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ozark Season 1 8/10

Really enjoyed it. Great acting from the 2 leads and the script,setting and overall tone of the show is really well done

Am 3 episodes into Season 2 and it doesn't feel quite as good. A tad too political

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.