Following I spent the weekend with....

• binky Moderator 11 Nov 2002 11:04:29 11,065 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ....Timesplitters2 on xbx.

Must say, im really enjoying this. feels very much like Goldeneye, which is no bad thing, and the variation in levels is very smart. although if i have to go up/down a spiralling staircase one more time!!!

I also found it quite tricky (think i must be getting old) so had to know it down to easy (i know i know) but when i got to neo tokyo i went back and started doing it on normal.

muchos likus.

what did u guys play this weekend ??
  • gizmo 11 Nov 2002 11:27:25 2,100 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'm enjoying this on xbox, we have a multiplayer sesh lined up for tommorrow though, and I have hardly opened up any of the arenas/gametypes.

I think it resulted from buying SMS,PES2,TS2 and GTA Vice city too close togther.

I love this on co-op - do you benefit from also completing the level in solo? ie, different things unlocked ?

I love this game, but now fear for it, having started VC
  • ssuellid 11 Nov 2002 11:40:39 19,141 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    DC Ikaruga - arrived Friday night
    PS2 GTA VC - arrived Saturday morning.
    XBox Rallisport challenge.

Having only played Ikaruga on a poxy 14 inch television before I was shocked by how pretty it is. One of the most gorgeous games I have ever seen.

VC is excellent - only downside is the initial loading time which puts me off quick 5 min sessions. Also have had to move my PS2 away from the amp and my optical cable is not long enough so I have yet to hear it in DTS mode.
  • MrWorf 11 Nov 2002 11:43:11 63,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Civilisation III fri,sat,sun,mon..etc
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Nov 2002 12:09:57 40,158 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    "One of the most gorgeous games I have ever seen."

I second that. I have only seen a video of the game, but it looked absolutely fantastic, especially when the camera starts to roll around. Shame on me that I don't have a DC.

edit: might as well get on topic. Played CMR3 and tried to make up my mind if I should get R&C. Hint hint, see my respective thread.

Edited by UncleLou at 12:11:29 11-11-2002
  • binky Moderator 11 Nov 2002 12:19:25 11,065 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    sounds like u've all been very "busy" this weekend :)

Im still counting down the days till i get my cube. only another 27 days to go :/

i even bought my fiance a copy of smash bros for 30 quid as she keeps on about it hehe :)

where abouts u up to on TS2 gizmo ?
  • Mr_Sleep 11 Nov 2002 12:19:32 23,490 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Gothic, nearly all weekend apart from a few games of pool down the pub, I actually finished it at 11:00pm last night, I recommend it to all, great game. A sequel on the way too :)
  • gizmo 11 Nov 2002 12:21:59 2,100 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'm only on Notre dame on story, and have done a handful of arcade league games, trying to get golds. As with TS1, the arcade bot matches seem to take up the lions share of my time with the game, even on single player!
  • Alastair 11 Nov 2002 13:27:42 24,317 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Just finished Atom Smasher last night (playing through on Easy). Neo-Tokyo by far the best level so far imo.

Have played some of the arcade and a couple of the challenges - all good fun. Have even had a bash at making my own multi player arena.... It's not as easy as it looks to make something that is actually good to play in, but I reckon it would/will ultimately be worth the effort.

SMS seems to have been left behind in the excitement of TS2 but I'm sure both will keep me happy for a long time yet.
  • Killerbee 11 Nov 2002 13:38:18 5,015 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Likewise I spent much of the weekend on TS2 - just done the NeoTokyo Story level. It took me ages to beat the stealth bit at the beginning, but then the rest was fairly easy (on 'Normal' difficulty). Also played GTAIII a lot - I'm trying to finish most of it (at least all the missions) before getting Vice City. Now on 54%!
  • Nemesis 11 Nov 2002 13:43:35 19,742 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Picked up.................Age of Mythology and a LG flatscreen to get the PC up and running again and, then typically for me, got dragged into stuff and didn't get much of a chance to play it /grumble/
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Nov 2002 13:47:18 40,158 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Nemesis, do tell do tell please as soon as you played AoM. Now wait a sec. Is it released already? Did you grab an import copy?
  • Nemesis 11 Nov 2002 13:51:10 19,742 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Released Friday Lou. I played through the first few tutorials before getting dragged online for MOHAA clan stuff. The manual is about 29 pages, which is VERY unlike AOE stuff ;-). They give you a techtree handout same as before.

It's very AOE, but that's not a bad thing. Graphics are nice, no slowdown or crashes so far, they use the mouse wheel to rotate the map which I'm surprised no-one's done before cos it's really cool. Artwork is really really nice in-game.

This is a multiplayer demo out on the 'net if you want to try before you buy.
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Nov 2002 15:04:43 40,158 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Thanks, know of the demo, but without broadband...

Have in the meantime checked that it's released here this week sometime. Still haven't got a new PC though :-(
    I am just too lethargic atm to really deal with PC hardware. Never would have thought that, but I am really a bit spoilt by the consoles in that respect...

Would appreciate if you kept us informed of your impressions, though!
  • UncleLou Moderator 11 Nov 2002 15:15:14 40,158 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    So I guess you spent the weekend in bed, Errol?

Unconscious, hallucinating?
  • JabbaDaHut 11 Nov 2002 15:22:14 651 posts
    Registered 18 years ago
    TSII is well enjoyable! Playing thru the 1p and have got to the Aztec level so far - can't wait to play co-op thru it as well though!

The arcade stuff is superb though - like Gizmo says - the big part of the game is here...Excellent stuff!
  • binky Moderator 11 Nov 2002 17:16:35 11,065 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Played up to Tokyo on EASY and Notre Dame on NORMAL.

One of my favourite bits so far has to be the Challenge level where u fight off wave after wave of zombies :D

quality
  • skalmanxl 12 Nov 2002 00:02:23 982 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Spent my weekend with work, backpain and Vice City. I enjoyed Vice City the most.
  • FWB 12 Nov 2002 00:09:05 56,343 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Introduced a mate to TS2 and started working through the co-op levels. Just finished the Wild West.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:50:19
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.