Following Wii U Page 726

• Ashleyfiddes 21 Jun 2013 22:25:42 980 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    V quick question

Hypothetically speaking, if the cat you love dearly decides the wii u gamepad charger tastes absolutely wonderful and chews through it on the second day of owning it, where is the best place to get a replacement fast

Edited by Ashleyfiddes at 22:31:54 21-06-2013
  • JuanKerr 21 Jun 2013 22:36:36 37,708 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A shop of some description.
  • Ashleyfiddes 21 Jun 2013 22:40:03 980 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really?? Thanks
  • Progguitarist 21 Jun 2013 22:41:39 10,780 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Ashleyfiddes My dog did the same thing. I just carefully taped it back together (seriously). Alternatively there are some very cheap USB charge cables on ebay.
  • Baihu1983 22 Jun 2013 11:34:20 9,905 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • Deleted user 22 June 2013 13:42:52
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    V quick question

Hypothetically speaking, if the cat you love dearly decides the wii u gamepad charger tastes absolutely wonderful and chews through it on the second day of owning it, where is the best place to get a replacement fast
    A pet shop?

/coat
  • jambii267 22 Jun 2013 13:49:21 1,415 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A dentist, remove the cats teeth so It can not happen again.
  • Sid-Nice 22 Jun 2013 14:47:53 15,848 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    malloc wrote:
    Ashleyfiddes wrote:
    V quick question

A pet shop?

/coat
    A pet eShop more like.
  • Aretak 22 Jun 2013 17:53:11 10,391 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finally gave into my impulses and bought one. Nabbed a ZombiU premium pack plus Nintendo Land and a Wiimote Plus/nunchuck combo for 240, which seems reasonable enough. Now I can join in being defensive about my purchase of a dead console with no games, yay!
  • Deleted user 22 June 2013 18:55:51
    It's ok to enjoy what you've bought. Even if it's cool not to.
  • CharlieStCloud 22 Jun 2013 19:39:59 5,812 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    Nabbed a ZombiU premium pack plus Nintendo Land and a Wiimote Plus/nunchuck combo for 240, which seems reasonable enough.
    If those were all brand new, it is quite hard to argue at paying 240 for all of that!

I have said this time and time again, but all Nintendo really needs to do this Christmas is offer the Wii U with a choice of one of their (new) first party games for 199 ... and it shall genuinely do very well. I would probably quite happily bite at a price like that too!
  • DaM 22 Jun 2013 19:57:36 17,058 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    And advertise it properly - or even rename it Wii2 - to many punters think it's a handheld device.
  • JiveHound 22 Jun 2013 20:39:30 9,339 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love Super Metroid.
  • AceGrace 24 Jun 2013 12:13:33 3,190 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    CROTCH!
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Jun 2013 12:46:21 21,962 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Aretak wrote:
    Nabbed a ZombiU premium pack plus Nintendo Land and a Wiimote Plus/nunchuck combo for 240, which seems reasonable enough.
    If those were all brand new, it is quite hard to argue at paying 240 for all of that!

I have said this time and time again, but all Nintendo really needs to do this Christmas is offer the Wii U with a choice of one of their (new) first party games for 199 ... and it shall genuinely do very well. I would probably quite happily bite at a price like that too!
    Yes, however I think they're too stupidly stubborn to do so :-(
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 12:50:02
    They might think about it for the christmas period though, especially with the launch of the other two console. I don't know how they get round marketing that for a limited time period only though, and how retailers would respond to it post christmas.
  • DaM 24 Jun 2013 12:52:47 17,058 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They should just tell punters there is a new Wii available for half the price of the new PS/Xbox.
  • neilka 24 Jun 2013 12:55:16 21,199 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Or they could release some games for it.

It's a long shot but it just might work.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 12:57:53
    I think you lot are massively overestimating the importance of the price factor. For starters thee Wii cost a lot of money, especially once you added in the cost of multiple controllers and nun-chucks and balance boards and everything else the masses bought into. It still sold an absolute fuck load.

There are quite a lot of people that will buy one once it's effectively dead, and super cheap (Dreamcast and Gamecube had a boost at that point), but that's people like us buying it to be our second or third console.

The people who are looking to buy a primary console are far more interested in buying something with potential and longevity, and will pay more for it, especially at Christmas time.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:01:02
    With none of their proper games out until next year it's got no chance this Christmas either.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:05:30
    neilka wrote:
    Or they could release some games for it.

It's a long shot but it just might work.
    Come november, i think it will have a pretty healthy set of games. Enough to make people buy? i don't know, but they have certainly sort sold the system for me. Like the vita, i just want a bit of reassurance on the consumer angle, will it sell enough for me to make it an investment - the vita worryingly doesn;t have that, but it does seem to make it as home as an indie console which for me is worth almost putting down my money on.

For a first year.

NintendoLand
    NSMBu/NSLU
    Zombie U
    Lego City
    Monster Hunter
    Pikmin
    Rayman
    Windwaker
    Mario 3Dland
    Donkey Kong

Plus some light third party offerings like batman Origins, Watch dogs etc.

Thats a pretty solid first year, abeit not spectacular.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:06:25
    That looks more like a launch list then a year's worth of releases to me. I would not call that solid.
  • nickthegun 24 Jun 2013 13:07:22 73,268 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It may have stood a chance if the much prayed for 'Mario Kart Bundle' had materialised, but it hasnt and its fucked.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:09:09
    What happened for everyone to get so excited about a Rayman game?

The rest of the list is either more of the same or a remake, apart from 101 which I guarantee no one will buy.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:10:14
    Aargh. wrote:
    It became a non-exclusive, at which point everyone realised the emperor wasn't wearing any clothes.
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 13:16:14
    Aargh. wrote:

The rest of the list is either more of the same or a remake, apart from 101 which I guarantee no one will buy.
    Because Origins was a lot of fun, and kind of refreshing to play?
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Jun 2013 13:32:20 21,962 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I think you lot are massively overestimating the importance of the price factor. For starters thee Wii cost a lot of money, especially once you added in the cost of multiple controllers and nun-chucks and balance boards and everything else the masses bought into. It still sold an absolute fuck load.

There are quite a lot of people that will buy one once it's effectively dead, and super cheap (Dreamcast and Gamecube had a boost at that point), but that's people like us buying it to be our second or third console.

The people who are looking to buy a primary console are far more interested in buying something with potential and longevity, and will pay more for it, especially at Christmas time.
    I think the people that a 199+Mario Game deal would be parents looking for a xmas present for their kids under 12.
  • neilka 24 Jun 2013 13:46:14 21,199 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    An alarm goes off at Yewtree HQ every time ecosse types the phrase "kids under 12"

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.