The Brave Little Soldier thread Page 30

    Next Last
  • THFourteen 12 Oct 2019 16:04:13 53,527 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @askew

    you could have sorted yourself out with a biro, I saw it on casualty once.

    Seriously though, hope you are ok
  • askew 12 Oct 2019 16:15:41 21,339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    askew wrote:
    Hmm.

    Came down with a sore throat Wednesday.
    Moved into my sinuses Thursday.
    Yesterday it was sitting on my chest, and by late afternoon I was struggling to breathe. Ran through the questionnaire on the NHS site and it suggested calling 999, but felt guilty at doing that, so rang 111 and went through the same process where they dispatched an ambulance out to me :lol:

    Fucking crazy how that escalated. Still not being able to take a proper lungful of air, but at least it's a little less restricted than yesterday.
    Shit dude. Are you OK? It sounds like TB.
    Hope not Ė I had my jab! :D Probably just a nasty infection, maybe a little light pneumonia? Just pretty scary how ineffective my inhalers were and how incapacitated it had me. Even today when it's a little better, just wandering to the loo has me out of puff.
  • JoeBlade 12 Oct 2019 17:14:36 4,902 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @askew That doesn't sound good. Best apply a liberal dose of mustard around your anus to be sure.
  • Vortex808 12 Oct 2019 17:19:22 13,758 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    @askew That doesn't sound good. Best apply a liberal dose of mustard around your anus to be sure.
    😃

    I hear that does make your breathing a bit faster for a while! 😃
  • fontgeeksogood 29 Oct 2019 22:49:01 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got stung by a hornet about fifteen minutes ago. Fair play to the bastard, for still being alive in October. Well, he's not. He's smooshed into a micron thick layer on the floor as it hurts so much
  • fontgeeksogood 29 Oct 2019 22:54:35 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have just been informed that only female wasps and hornets have stingers. Apologies m'lady but you still got the shoeing
  • askew 29 Oct 2019 23:19:42 21,339 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    How are you holding up?
  • fontgeeksogood 29 Oct 2019 23:27:49 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It still hurts a surprisingly large amount
  • Your-Mother 29 Oct 2019 23:49:34 4,093 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It was really a small wasp wasnít it.
  • Rusty_M 30 Oct 2019 08:32:30 7,158 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A few weeks ago I punched a wall. Didn't mean to, but I was hung over and clumsy. Found out a week later I'd broken it. Now my hand is a wee bit deformed.

    Oh well.
  • challenge_hanukkah 30 Oct 2019 08:35:32 12,663 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As long as you develop the accompanying belm you'll be fine.
  • fontgeeksogood 30 Oct 2019 08:36:11 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    It was really a small wasp wasnít it.
    It's true, it was from the Gremmi genus a little prick
  • Dougs 31 Oct 2019 08:49:42 93,664 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I was eating a seeded granary bap and bit down too hard on my crown. I now have a poorly tooth.
  • RyanDS 23 Dec 2019 03:51:05 13,203 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Came off the bike in vietnam last night and slid a bit. I got to see what my patella looks like. 5 stitches, but they had to cut so extra skin for some reason to be able to stretch to cover. Apart from the injection of anaesthetic have not taken any painkillers yet, and I drove 40 minutes with the patella showing to get to the hospital, must have lost half litre of blood I reckon.

    Lovely hospital as well, middle of nowhere, had to call in doctors and they treated my wound while I was covered in mu blood and the floor was slippery with it. Thank god for the 3 lots of antibiotics etc they gave me!
  • thelzdking 9 Feb 2020 18:35:51 10,020 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Off work today. Woke up about 1:00 am and threw up, with an encore performance at about 3:30 am. Just had a banana, so we'll see if I can keep that down.
  • JamboWayOh 9 Feb 2020 18:39:54 18,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pray for Lzd
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Feb 2020 18:41:35 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Just had a banana, so we'll see if I can keep that down.
    The trick is to clench just after the last bit slides in
  • Deleted user 9 February 2020 20:26:26
    Walked into a glass door last night. Just didn't see it and went face first. Bloody hurt and I thought I'd broken my nose.

    Had to shrug it off as it was the door to a restaurant we were going to have a meal in.

    Today I've a bump on my forehead, sore and cut nose and somehow I've pulled my back.

    I felt a right tit not seeing the door. Something like a human pigeon.
  • thelzdking 9 Feb 2020 20:27:37 10,020 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Pray for Lzd
    Please do. I'm totally ruined. The puking has strained my abs and back, and all my joints hurt. I'm poorly.

    The clenching tip worked though, thanks PES.
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Feb 2020 20:33:23 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MightyPirate wrote:
    Walked into a glass door last night. Just didn't see it and went face first. Bloody hurt and I thought I'd broken my nose.

    Had to shrug it off as it was the door to a restaurant we were going to have a meal in.

    Today I've a bump on my forehead, sore and cut nose and somehow I've pulled my back.

    I felt a right tit not seeing the door. Something like a human pigeon.
    I walked into a plate window (thought it was the open door) when leaving an interview. Yes, they were still watching
  • JamboWayOh 9 Feb 2020 20:36:15 18,852 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Pray for Lzd
    Please do. I'm totally ruined. The puking has strained my abs and back, and all my joints hurt. I'm poorly.

    The clenching tip worked though, thanks PES.
    Nah, I'm with you. Currently recovering from a bout of sinusitis myself. Suuuuuucks.
  • Deleted user 9 February 2020 21:06:47
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    MightyPirate wrote:
    Walked into a glass door last night. Just didn't see it and went face first. Bloody hurt and I thought I'd broken my nose.

    Had to shrug it off as it was the door to a restaurant we were going to have a meal in.

    Today I've a bump on my forehead, sore and cut nose and somehow I've pulled my back.

    I felt a right tit not seeing the door. Something like a human pigeon.
    I walked into a plate window (thought it was the open door) when leaving an interview. Yes, they were still watching
    Sorry, but this made me laugh. I know exactly what a pilluck I felt doing my face plant. :)
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Feb 2020 21:09:56 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got the job, too. So in a way, they lost their dignity too by hiring a fucking idiot
  • anephric 9 Feb 2020 21:12:38 3,886 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I repeatedly walked into a huge mirror in a dimly lit corridor for about a minute once trying to get around myself and apologising.

    In my defence, it was rammed with people and I was a bit discombobulated.
  • thelzdking 9 Feb 2020 23:37:25 10,020 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Pray for Lzd
    Please do. I'm totally ruined. The puking has strained my abs and back, and all my joints hurt. I'm poorly.

    The clenching tip worked though, thanks PES.
    Nah, I'm with you. Currently recovering from a bout of sinusitis myself. Suuuuuucks.
    Sinusitis is the worst pain I've ever had. I dislocated my kneecap and it was nothing compared to sinusitis.

    I legitimately put my back out spewing last night. I'm in pain.
  • bone-on 11 Feb 2020 22:35:34 531 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So tmrw Iím getting an in growing hair that has turned into a septic boil on my arse drained and packed.

    Hereís hoping the individual doing it isnít 25 hot with massive milkers, as itís gonna be shameful enough without a hot lass doing work on my spotty ass.
  • fontgeeksogood 11 Feb 2020 22:37:07 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You could say you want to avoid a

    /revs motorcycle

    Bone-on, bone-on

    /pops rad wheelie
  • urban 11 Feb 2020 22:58:47 13,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    bone-on wrote:
    So tmrw Iím getting an in growing hair that has turned into a septic boil on my arse drained and packed.

    Hereís hoping the individual doing it isnít 25 hot with massive milkers, as itís gonna be shameful enough without a hot lass doing work on my spotty ass.
    Ha-Ha!

    Do report back how that goes
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.