Fortnite - From Epic Page 5

• PrivateFloyd 4 Mar 2018 20:33:35 5,112 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On most nights on this with a squad of 3 on PS4.

If anyone fancies joining in at any point let me know, ping some friend requests out.
  • Jim_Dix 4 Mar 2018 22:16:47 444 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Got my second solo win last night. Only slightly more competent performance than my first. I saved the replay to watch back. :)

I'm enjoying the battle pass challenges as well. But not sure I'd want to pay for another. Don't mind throwing them a little cash as it is a well put together game. But £7.99 every sixty days is a subscription service. Does anyone know if buying the full PvE game gets you a permanent battle pass as well?
  • PrivateFloyd 4 Mar 2018 23:56:41 5,112 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    https://youtu.be/2kmCyPCS0bY

Moving target at 248m tonight then follow up kill with the 2nd shot!

Loving this game at the moment!!
  • caligari 5 Mar 2018 00:45:31 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    https://youtu.be/2kmCyPCS0bY

Moving target at 248m tonight then follow up kill with the 2nd shot!

Loving this game at the moment!!
    Ooh, I'd love to play a squad game with you guys. My PS4 ID is caligari1981. I've won a dozen or so solo games, and a handful of duel/squad matches, but I am only just starting to get my head around the building mechanics, so you might have to 'carry' me through a few games.
  • PrivateFloyd 5 Mar 2018 07:38:02 5,112 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @caligari

Join whenever you want pal. Weíre far from amazing, building is something weíre still not great at but we make up for it with sound tactics! 15 squad wins so far.

I recorded this a while ago, like to say it happens all the time but it doesnít!!

https://youtu.be/k91kuwsk7-8
  • Boriska 5 Mar 2018 09:06:02 742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What does everyone have their movement sensitivity on?
  • Yorkshire_Bourne 5 Mar 2018 13:11:11 310 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm using a Xim4 as I get terrible cramps in my hands from the controller after a short while. All settings on full but around "7" seems twitchy enough to not die every 1v1.

Can build like a beast on controller, but it's taking some getting used to with M&K.

Got about 52 solo wins but not many squad ones as I only ever play with my son and his friends occasionally. playing this with three 11yr olds gets very noisy and annoying so would love to play this with adults (or big kids!) lol

PSN is Yorkshire_Bourne
  • xero521 5 Mar 2018 16:23:29 456 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Jim_Dix

You donít pay real money for the battle pass you have to use v-bucks and you should earn enough to buy season 4 battle pass just by playing,I got the season 3 battle pass with my v-bucks that I earned in season 2. I only play Battle Royale,but I believe you can earn more v-bucks in save the world too.

Edited by xero521 at 16:25:41 05-03-2018
  • Jim_Dix 5 Mar 2018 19:30:53 444 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @xero521 If you're just starting you need to pay the money for enough V-bucks for your battle pass. I don't believe the free pass will drop enough V-bucks (If any?) to then be able to buy the pass for the next season.

I think I earned back five or six hundred in season two, but didn't get near max level. With what I've earned so far in season three I now have 1000 so if want to play season four I won't need to buy any at all.
  • xero521 5 Mar 2018 22:01:09 456 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah thatís what I meant I bought 1000 v-bucks for £7.99 for the season 2 battle pass but canít see me spending cash again as you can earn enough v-bucks for the season pass,Iím only rank 34 I think and Iíve got 1200 v-bucks already. I reckon I will have about 2000 v-bucks by time season ends enough for season 4 battle pass hopefully.
  • caligari 8 Mar 2018 21:11:59 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wow - a little confidence with the building really does go a long way when it comes to getting results on this game, doesn't it? I've just had three Victory Royales in a row - so much happier to see games out in a tower rather than cowering in a bush (which I'm still going to do if I run out of materials)!

Edited by caligari at 21:13:34 08-03-2018
  • PrivateFloyd 9 Mar 2018 06:17:30 5,112 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Love the new team battle mode, managed to be on the winning team 5 times last night.

Had one game in particular with me and 5 others left from another team and wiped them all out. Remembered to record it too...

https://youtu.be/Xdee6U98Fn0

I swear that rocket brushed past me at the start of the clip. Canít believe how fresh this game feels after 100 hours of play.
  • urban 9 Mar 2018 06:51:08 13,022 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jumped on for a few games yesterday and got absolutely savaged.

I played it when I first came out, it was easy...people have learned quick!
  • mothercruncher 9 Mar 2018 07:57:31 15,119 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I havenít played it for a few months, kinda scared of getting monstered by all the 733T 12 year olds now.
  • PrivateFloyd 9 Mar 2018 08:12:01 5,112 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @mothercruncher

Me and a bunch of dad friends are holding our own ok!!!
  • caligari 9 Mar 2018 12:52:23 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    I havenít played it for a few months, kinda scared of getting monstered by all the 733T 12 year olds now.
    There are always newer people starting - I am sure I have been killed by many of them. :D
  • caligari 9 Mar 2018 13:00:32 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Love the new team battle mode, managed to be on the winning team 5 times last night.

Had one game in particular with me and 5 others left from another team and wiped them all out. Remembered to record it too...

https://youtu.be/Xdee6U98Fn0

I swear that rocket brushed past me at the start of the clip. Canít believe how fresh this game feels after 100 hours of play.
    Hah, brilliant! Do you guys chat on mics when playing? I find it so much harder to hear people sneaking up on me when a friend is chatting about his rubbish day at work. I am constantly 'SHHHHHing ' them.

Edited by caligari at 13:00:48 09-03-2018
  • PrivateFloyd 9 Mar 2018 20:27:36 5,112 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @caligari

We tend to keep it pretty disciplined an focus on the game, donít get me wrong thereís a bit of banter but where we may be shit at building we make up for in tactics!
  • SuperBas 10 Mar 2018 07:14:07 1,674 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yesterday I tried the Battle Royale mode for the first time, having never played PUBG before either. I spend two hours in this game so far, and I'm doing something wrong so I need your help guys:

My gameplay looks like this: drop out of bus, find weapon, camp until the circle area shrinks, then move to the new circle. I'm basically camping for most of the round, and I'm getting killed by people who appear to be doing the same. I can't imagine this genre having become this huge just by being a campfest. How am I supposed to play this?

Edited by SuperBas at 07:14:24 10-03-2018
  • super_whiskey 10 Mar 2018 21:48:56 237 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm liking this 20 player team mode. It balances it out me being shit.
  • caligari 11 Mar 2018 01:00:59 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    Yesterday I tried the Battle Royale mode for the first time, having never played PUBG before either. I spend two hours in this game so far, and I'm doing something wrong so I need your help guys:

My gameplay looks like this: drop out of bus, find weapon, camp until the circle area shrinks, then move to the new circle. I'm basically camping for most of the round, and I'm getting killed by people who appear to be doing the same. I can't imagine this genre having become this huge just by being a campfest. How am I supposed to play this?
    Hmmm, I guess you have to remember that these games are essentially about survival. If you can camp out a few areas whilst the other guys kill each other than that's actually a pretty sound tactic - I hid behind a door last night for about five minutes whilst six duo teams ripped each other to pieces, only to pop out at the last second with a few well aimed grenades! Some matches will see you running through a few zones without seeing a single person - others will see you landing with another group of people which usually results in carnage.

If you're looking for action from the start then try landing at Tilted Towers. Honestly, it's brilliantly chaotic there!

Edited by caligari at 01:01:53 11-03-2018
  • waggy79 11 Mar 2018 08:47:51 1,878 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @SuperBas If you want some tips on how to play more aggressively watch Ninja on Twitch. He's the best player i've seen and wins nearly every time.
  • kadooosh 11 Mar 2018 22:24:16 3,150 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If anyone has open space at any point, chuck us an invite on PS4, been having loads of fun on it today - psn RonBurgandy08

Edited by kadooosh at 22:24:27 11-03-2018
  • super_whiskey 14 Mar 2018 21:05:26 237 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having a bit of a session on this tonight. Still no wins but picked up a few cool guns!
  • super_whiskey 29 Mar 2018 21:47:50 237 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally picked up a win. Still no idea how to use the building element effectively.
  • ilmaestro 29 Mar 2018 21:56:07 32,921 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This thread seems weirdly quiet for the Biggest Game In The World.

Don't you know Roseanne plays?
  • caligari 30 Mar 2018 03:55:50 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    super_whiskey wrote:
    Finally picked up a win. Still no idea how to use the building element effectively.
    Congrats, sir! Such a great feeling, right?
  • super_whiskey 30 Mar 2018 12:44:08 237 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was in a squad of 4 and don't think I fired my gun once. So yeah, definitely!

I'm trying to work my way through the initial free achievements and need the games with friends one so if anyone fancies a game/wants some cannon fodder my psn is super_whiskey.
  • Boriska 30 Mar 2018 16:59:27 742 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:

When you camp you usually end up with poor loot and your first fight is more likely to be against someone good. I'd say land somewhere busy, prepare to die lots but see enough action to start improving. Try and get used to using shotguns in close combat, a pump will out perform almost every single weapon in the game.

Also, I'm shit so maybe don't take my advice.
  • caligari 30 Mar 2018 18:39:07 17,929 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I still think that the shotguns are a bit shite. I actually enjoy the bunny-hopping battles, but the damage with the tactical/heavy/pump just seems too random. I've hit people with headshots for low damage, only for them to turn and 'one shot' me - sometimes at quite a distance!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.