Fortnite - From Epic Page 12

• Deleted user 19 July 2018 23:48:22
    Fine for me on switch tonight.

The gyro isn't as bad as I had feared but I'm not sure I have the skill for it. I'll keep trying.

Watching people who are actually good at this has given me a bit more impetus to play it, they make it look fun. Too hot in my room to tryhard though.
  • DangerousDave_87 19 Jul 2018 23:52:04 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Duffking Me and the other half were doing ok tonight, but I experienced some issues last night. The very same you mention, plus hit detection issues and I just dropped dead in one game for absolutely no reason. Just died and it counted as a suicide. I think the servers have generally been quite wobbly the past week.
  • DangerousDave_87 19 Jul 2018 23:53:19 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @JiveHound I got annihilated tonight by somebody who amassed 16 kills in duos by charging and building at every player.
  • Deleted user 19 July 2018 23:55:41
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    @JiveHound I got annihilated tonight by somebody who amassed 16 kills in duos by charging and building at every player.
    Sounds like the guy I watched in duo! He was immense.
  • phoopipe 21 Jul 2018 20:13:01 1,547 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anybody playing on Switch fancy adding me ?
    I'm average at best and don't use a microphone but I enjoy squads more than solo.
    I have battlepass so can share that sweet xp.

Username is original tonyg
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 21 Jul 2018 20:26:12 1,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mine is crispyxuk guys
  • Deleted user 21 July 2018 22:21:36
    Mine is Adam Asunder. Playing on Switch. Not great but I've started managing to kill people at last!

Quite into it now.
  • DangerousDave_87 21 Jul 2018 23:13:12 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'll have to share my epic account name when I next log in, but feel free to add me on Switch if anyone wants to team up. I've won between 15 and 20 games in solo, but my building skills are pretty poor. It's just not instinctive. I tend to build walls and mazes as opposed to towers, but it can occasionally work out!

I am pretty good at not opening fire and drawing unnecessary attention, but I'm also fairly good in a gunfight if I need to be.
  • Load_2.0 22 Jul 2018 15:03:42 28,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So I just got this on the switch.

Ummmm how do I pick up a weapon? And what the fuck is the fire button?

I spent my first game running about with a pick axe, occasionally bringing up blueprints before someone put me out of my misery.

The person that killed me won. So technically I came second.

Edited by Load_2.0 at 15:05:38 22-07-2018
  • H1ggyLTD 22 Jul 2018 15:07:12 10,884 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pick up is hold Y isn't it?

Fire ZR?
  • Pipedream 22 Jul 2018 15:14:41 426 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Load_2.0 you don't start with any weapons.

I recommend waiting until the bus is near the end of the map, jump out and aim for the nearest building. Find a weapon and press y to pick up zr to shoot.

If you find more weapons L and R to swap. If you find a jar of blue stuff that's shield juice swig that down.

Don't press A as that brings up your building options. Once you get basic controls then give building a go.

I don't know how I've played for 20 hours. I don't even think the game is that good!
  • Load_2.0 22 Jul 2018 15:40:44 28,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cool thanks.

I did find a jar and between my bufoonery with the blue prints i was swigging that!
  • DangerousDave_87 22 Jul 2018 20:06:53 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Have a look at the settings, which are annoyingly tucked out of the way on the main menu. I think you have to press + and then scroll over to the Gear/Cog icon to get into the settings. The controls are found in there and I recommend you change the default setting to Builder Pro, before you get used to any other button layout.

You don't need to worry about building anything until you're confident enough with combat, but it'll help you in the long run when you do start building.
  • DangerousDave_87 23 Jul 2018 20:40:44 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone else find that combat in buildings rarely ever happens outside of the opening few minutes. Its a shame you don't get that kind of hide and seek gameplay inside houses. Its all hiding in the open or in towers at the end.
  • Deleted user 23 July 2018 22:22:00
    Yeah, I felt the same, probably because the halo ish jumping doesn't suit buildings.

Everyone jumps around like loons.
  • DangerousDave_87 23 Jul 2018 22:43:26 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've always disliked crazy jumping in shooters. It would be great if your player collapsed in they jumped into a hard object.
  • Deleted user 23 July 2018 22:49:20
    I don't mind if it's the design philosophy.

In this the cramped nature of the buildings and the recticle bloom suggests that everyone is a cunt.

Edited by JiveHound at 22:50:16 23-07-2018
  • phoopipe 23 Jul 2018 23:40:30 1,547 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Im shite at this building malarkey, When I think I have an understanding I end up in a fight and join the "jump like a looney crew"

I enjoy the game though.
  • Load_2.0 24 Jul 2018 09:33:32 28,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I will invest a little time this weekend. Online shooters make me nervous.

I hate being shit at a game.
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Jul 2018 10:00:56 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This game is genuinely stressful. Its got nothing to do with skill though. Its just trying to stay alive. No other shooter makes me feel so nervous.
  • Pipedream 24 Jul 2018 11:23:16 426 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I found the bush disguise and wondered how far I could get without firing a shot.

Came second as the last player tried to hide in me.

Kind of sexy feeling.
  • DangerousDave_87 28 Jul 2018 13:24:25 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This has been borderline unplayable today. The game keeps locking up and I get frozen to the spot unable to do anything. I'm suspecting players rubbing on the spot and then suddenly teleporting. Resting my router doesn't seem to solve it.
  • super_whiskey 28 Jul 2018 14:55:25 271 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Was alright on PS4 not too long ago.

I was playing squads and got down to the last 4: me vs 3 others. I was camping on the side of a mountain near haunted hills and they were at ground level in the middle of the open. Managed to knock one down with a semi-auto sniper which caused them to panic.

Finished off the downed one as one was building up to me. Just about managed to eliminate him as he was coming up the ramp, then jumped down and got the other one with a shotgun.

Why can't I be that good all the time?
  • DangerousDave_87 28 Jul 2018 15:14:09 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha. Well played! I have a few moments of brilliance like that myself, but I then go and do something stupid moments after.
  • KRadiation 28 Jul 2018 21:05:44 1,375 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    my regular stupid move seems to be panic building and without fail.. always picking that roof piece which achieves nothing.
  • DangerousDave_87 28 Jul 2018 22:28:57 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The roof piece is greet if someone tries getting the high ground. Anything that confuses the opponent works well for me.
  • DangerousDave_87 29 Jul 2018 21:37:26 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I know I keep going on about squads with strangers, but I'm trying to go for that to 6 challenge that's popped up today. Someone spoke about being mother goose to a squad a few weeks back and today I had that same experience. I was handing out weapons, putting down markers (which then resulted in then putting down their own right next to mine) and then opening crates to share ammo and weapons.

Then had the usual games in which people spot someone from 15 miles away and open fire, resulting in 3 other squads surrounding us.

In the end I had to manage it solo. Finished 3rd to some nutjob just running around in the open building and firing so quickly he took out 6 people in about 15 seconds. And then I couldn't get close to him either for spam building everywhere.

Ooph.
  • Duffking 29 Jul 2018 22:23:40 15,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you click the left stick on the main menu then select that challenge and click it again (I think that's the button) you can reroll it to one that isn't a squad one hopefully.
  • cowell 30 Jul 2018 09:08:52 1,621 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got my first Victory Royale last night. Was absolutely buzzing haha.

I suck at building and the tiny circle ended up in the middle of tilted towers, so I managed to creep up on the final guy.

Definitely feel like itís been coming. Consistently in the top 10 and often in the final handful. Just needed a slice of luck. Iím definitely a cautious player but Iíve become more aggressive and confident in a fire fight which probably helps. Seem to have a better sense of when to hide and when to engage. As opposed to just hiding all the time
  • DangerousDave_87 30 Jul 2018 09:36:43 5,306 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Duffking I didn't know you could do that! I've still got that shotgun challenge up there as I'm awful with shotguns. Might try and see if I can change that one. I did the top 6 squad challenge after about 5 attempts.

I then went and won my only solo effort of the evening. \o/

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.