Fortnite - From Epic Page 13

• DangerousDave_87 30 Jul 2018 09:44:44 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    cowell wrote:Seem to have a better sense of when to hide and when to engage. As opposed to just hiding all the time
    That is the biggest step to take towards winning games. Too many players reveal themselves unnecessarily through building or starting fights in the open. I'll only ever go for a kill if somebody is blocking my route to safety or if I'm able to hide from other players whilst doing so.

It's also worth reading the map from the beginning of the round to determine what direction most players will be coming from. It'll give you an idea of how safe you are in certain areas and allow you to flank others more safely if you tend to stick closer to the storm.
  • cowell 30 Jul 2018 09:55:53 1,621 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    cowell wrote:Seem to have a better sense of when to hide and when to engage. As opposed to just hiding all the time
    That is the biggest step to take towards winning games. Too many players reveal themselves unnecessarily through building or starting fights in the open. I'll only ever go for a kill if somebody is blocking my route to safety or if I'm able to hide from other players whilst doing so.

It's also worth reading the map from the beginning of the round to determine what direction most players will be coming from. It'll give you an idea of how safe you are in certain areas and allow you to flank others more safely if you tend to stick closer to the storm.
    Absolutely. I was never gung-ho in my approach. Problem is too much caution leaves you with a lack of resources. If I see a group duking it out, I'll happily take the long way round to skip it or hang back and pick off the health depleted scraps.
  • Duffking 30 Jul 2018 10:03:22 15,937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:

On the other hand, I go for literally every single kill I see the possibility of going for :p
  • cowell 30 Jul 2018 10:07:53 1,621 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hahaha. I've seen some frighteningly aggressive players and that can work if you have the skills.

I just prefer to have full health and full armour before I nail anyone in the back from 10 feet with a SCAR
  • DangerousDave_87 30 Jul 2018 10:10:31 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You're just Rambo, aren't you? I can't do that. It never ends well for me. I've managed 7 kills in a single round, once. Maybe 6 in a handful more, but usually I make between 3 and 5 kills a game (winning games).
  • DangerousDave_87 2 Aug 2018 00:24:21 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I learnt two things this evening. A direct hit with a blue rocket launcher will not kill someone. That and if you land two sticky grenades on somebody, they can also survive. I still managed to kill both players, but I'm surprised by that. I guess the sticky grenades all count as one explosion? Who knows.

I managed 2 second places tonight. Should have won one of those games but missed a platform jump as the storm moved in and got wedged between a ramp and some rocks. :(
  • samyboy 7 Aug 2018 16:44:37 86 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Anyone of you parenting your child like this ? I mean wow. Really? Is this where the future generation is going to go? Not trying to spark someone but WHY?..
  • DangerousDave_87 7 Aug 2018 23:02:39 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wouldn't get a Fortnite tutor for my kids. I don't want them to become depressed drug addicts.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 23:03:03 07-08-2018
  • poisonknight 9 Aug 2018 17:21:19 6 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Just wondering guys how long does it take you to master this game. I don't really know why this game is that popular compared to other battle royale games but I can't seem to master this game. It's quite hard for me and the learning curve is really big. Maybe you guys have some tips for me?
  • H1ggyLTD 9 Aug 2018 17:23:39 10,884 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Try the link above.
  • poisonknight 9 Aug 2018 17:24:18 6 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Post deleted
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Aug 2018 17:32:19 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I spent about 15 hours on the PS4 version last year and whilst I got the basic premise, I wasnt any good at it. It took a further 5 to 10 hours on Switch before I got a good feel for how to play the game properly, how the weapons worked, etc...

It has an insane level of depth to it and the bright colours and free-to-play set up sure makes you think otherwise. I'd probably watch a tips video on YouTube and then jump back in. It took me 27 matches on Switch to win my first Battle Royale, but I've now won close to 30 in 75 hours play. I wouldn't consider myself a great player, but in the right game, with some good fortune, I feel I have a fair chance at winning.
  • KRadiation 9 Aug 2018 19:01:39 1,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    took me about 2 weeks of playing until I found myself. 50 vs 50 is a good starting point though.
  • Load_2.0 9 Aug 2018 19:30:02 28,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I got to the final 3 last night and while the other two were duking it out I snuc in behind and blasted one in the back with hand cannon like a massive coward.

I was all set to eliminate the last guy who must have had a sliver of shield and health left but got so excited I totally ballsed it up and fell off the side of a cliff.
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Aug 2018 11:27:15 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't realise they've boosted performance. So much smoother now. It feels weird aiming again!
  • techblogger911 13 Aug 2018 10:43:36 19 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @DangerousDave_87 Hahaha yeah they've improved a lot, I came back after a long time.
  • Pipedream 13 Aug 2018 12:08:34 426 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I havenít played this for a while. Might turn on my Switch tonight for a couple of games.

A few weeks back my first pick up was the bush disguise so I decided to see how far I can get without firing a shot.

I came second.

Edited by Pipedream at 12:09:27 13-08-2018
  • Load_2.0 13 Aug 2018 12:13:14 28,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not firing a shot and hiding is pretty much my entire game play style. I spend the majority of the game crouched facing a wall rather than trying to develop any skills. :) Hoping I might fluke a win.

Occasionally I might drop in for a mad weapon scramble but I'm still pretty shit so I tend to run away a lot.
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Aug 2018 14:06:25 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That new mode, Score Royale, is incredibly boring. Managed to win a game on my second attempt without spotting anyone. I was just collecting coins as they appeared. No shots fired. No damage taken. Hmm...
  • KRadiation 24 Aug 2018 17:47:01 1,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    does it count as a win or is it like 50 50 where it doesn't mean much ?
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Aug 2018 18:59:21 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @KRadiation Are you referring to stats? I don't think that stuff gets logged on Switch, so I couldn't tell you. Probably not, if it's a limited time mode.
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Oct 2018 15:38:44 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone still playing this one Switch? What has happened to the hit detection. Close range with an assault rifle and I can't register a single hit. :/
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Oct 2018 15:40:56 10,884 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I play the odd game.

But as has been said - it's the same game every time. Sneak about a bit, make the top ten, build towers, jumpy jumpy shotgun fest.
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Oct 2018 15:59:45 5,305 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't even manage that at the moment. I'm either having to resort to sticky grenades or confusion tactics to even kill.
  • KillaKomtts 13 Oct 2018 22:06:03 7 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    so many skins on this game ^^
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 Oct 2018 08:11:01 8,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    KillaKomtts wrote:
    so many skins on this game ^^
    Do you have any to sell?
  • Load_2.0 14 Oct 2018 09:36:31 28,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If anyone fancies a Switch team up let me know.

I'm distinctly average and my tactic of running full pelt towards other players blasting wildly means I make a very frustrating team member.

Edited by Load_2.0 at 09:37:19 14-10-2018
  • Dave_McCoy 14 Oct 2018 16:56:00 3,105 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Anyone still playing this one Switch? What has happened to the hit detection. Close range with an assault rifle and I can't register a single hit. :/
    Since they allowed cross play I have been playing on Switch. I have to admit, I rarely kill anyone on Switch and fair a lot better when I play on PS4. My excuse is the slightly more fiddley sticks and small screen if I'm playing portable. Which would be always. I am not a good Fortnite player by any means but I can't hit people on Switch.
  • Load_2.0 14 Oct 2018 21:46:48 28,290 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The aim is bloody difficult on switch. Hitting people with assualt rifles is bloody hard.

Thought disco mode was a bit rubbish but really enjoying it now. Had a few 100 v 99 finishes.
  • freddymercurystwin 23 Nov 2018 23:39:56 1,540 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I need some newbie advice please, I want to get my boy going on Fortnite on the Xbox, am I right in thinking as long as I get a Live subscription then the actual game is free to download and away he goes?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.