Sniper Elite V2 Page 5

• fletch7100 2 May 2012 21:21:48 8,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One random glitch, head shot made German spin up in the air about 20 metres :)

Will have to try out the co op campaign,
  • Deleted user 2 May 2012 22:32:59
    A guy was ducked behind some cover and popped his head up, my bullet went clean through his head and into the grenade of his friend for explodeytime goodness :D
  • MetalDog 2 May 2012 22:37:20 24,076 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    One slight disappointment is that it's already been shown that Hitler has his full complement of testicles I guess Rebellion decided not to put any extra special effort in on that score. :-)
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ARGH
    Patch! =)
  • fletch7100 3 May 2012 13:26:26 8,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Games radar review

http://www.gamesradar.com/sniper-elite-v2-review/

Enjoying myself so far, yeah some clunky sides to it and Some AI random moments of madness. Then again I can think of plenty of AAA blockbuster games that have bad AI
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 May 2012 14:21:16 5,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Will have to try out the co op campaign
    Is the co-op split-screen or online? (or both?)
  • DUFFMAN5 3 May 2012 15:10:54 25,693 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Should have my lovefim by Sat. I will defo be up for co-op on 360.
  • fletch7100 3 May 2012 15:15:43 8,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think it may be online co op, don't quote me on that.

In the main menu, you goto Xbox live, then choose game mode, campaign, horde, bomb run( collect parts round a map to help rebuild your escape vehicle) and overwatch(one plays as spotter has to make his way across the map, spotting enemies, completing objectives, whilst the other player is in sniper overwatch providing covering fire)
  • Ultrasoundwave 3 May 2012 15:18:20 5,911 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    *sigh*

There really isnt enough split-screen co-op these days. In fact, if it wasnt for Gearbox, there would hardly be any!

:-(
  • fletch7100 3 May 2012 15:28:47 8,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It feels clunky in its close combat, shame as there are parts where you have to do close quarters. Not the best at control an far from being the worse

Think I will find the global leaderboard addictive. Main problem with that is it doesn't tell you what difficult level they played on. My way you would only be on the leaderboard if you played on hardest level with all the aiming assists/spotting turned off. Too easy at long range shooting with the aim assist on, just aim at the red box to win

Plus playing on hardest you take the game slowly, scanning the buildings/ area before moving. So game feels much better taking your time through the level.

Then they put in usual cliche stuff like well I found the info I'm after, just happen to be in high office block with good view over the area, oh as soon as I pick the info up the German reinforcements arrive :)
  • fletch7100 3 May 2012 15:29:40 8,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't the first one have spilt screen co op?
  • Reacher 3 May 2012 16:35:44 2,976 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got this today. Been playing on the harder difficulty with real physics. Absolutley love it.

My fav shot so far was a two kill shot head through to heart.
  • Deleted user 3 May 2012 16:39:02
    6/10 from EG - Pretty good score for a Rebellion game.

I dare say... it's their masterpiece.
  • BillMurray 3 May 2012 16:56:24 9,538 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    According to the review there's a TDM mode on the PC? Would be interested to hear folks' views on this mode. Haven't decided just yet which platform to choose.
  • Whizzo 3 May 2012 17:17:28 44,805 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Bloody Steam!

/shakes fist

• Oh-Bollox 3 May 2012 17:26:32 6,513 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Didn't the first one have spilt screen co op?
    Yes. :-(
  • MetalDog 4 May 2012 20:16:59 24,076 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Game rocks.
    Bastard hard on occasion in elite mode, but worth the pain for the extra satisfaction you get when you shoot another sniper IN THE EYE :D
  • BillMurray 4 May 2012 20:24:19 9,538 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Only had a quick bash on MP deathmatch so far. Managed a kill from 384m though, which was very satisfying indeed! Think i've only seen maybe 3 maps though? Hoping i'll have time to get into the SP this weekend.
  • barchetta 4 May 2012 22:13:37 2,335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    For 'official' release day, this thread is surprisingly quiet. Maybe.. Maybe too qui

CRACK!

/takes a round to the throat.
  • Apollo 4 May 2012 22:35:34 546 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah I noticed that about the thread earlier. It's as if something's not quite rig
  • Whizzo 4 May 2012 23:37:55 44,805 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The snipers on SE difficulty are certainly a lot more tricky than they were in the demo, it does mean you get a better sense of accomplishment when you take one down though.

Enjoying it a lot and I'm taking far too many FRAPS videos of good shots. :-)
  • repairmanjack 4 May 2012 23:48:05 6,133 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Loving it on 360. Just picked up the Pass the Buck achievement (score a sniped head shot from a richochet). I'd presumed you had to richochet of another victim - nope, canted one in off the masonry.

Game is completely fulfilling all my hopes right now. Looking forward to trying the co-op when the sp is done. (One level left - mine turned up on wednesday.)
  • BillMurray 5 May 2012 00:17:43 9,538 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Would love to know if it's possible to snipe an enemies grenade on their webbing in muliplayer.
  • repairmanjack 5 May 2012 00:25:15 6,133 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sigh. Almost completed the game and only now realised there's an inventory selection (tap RB twice during mission briefings). Found a Russian sniper and the Kar 98k (which was the best rifle in the first game). They're part of the package you get for the Hitler dlc.
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 May 2012 14:22:31 6,800 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Cheap and cheerful fun to be had with this. The SP is pretty plodding, nowhere near as open as the original and although I'm only a couple of missions in, I doubt I'll find anything close to the genius of the original's trainyard level.

The two DLC rifles are very nice, especially the SVT in the confined 'horde' maps, and the mission is hilarious. Managed to kill Mr Hitleresque with a dodgy round straight through his palm as he stumbled, enough of a mortal wound to engage the super-slo-mo death camera and cutscene. As he agonised over his hand.

/chuckle

MP however, is very tasty, especially the split shooter/spotter Overwatch mode. Lots of scope for learning spawns and setting elaborate dynamite/tripwire/mine combos triggered by a single round. Couple of good matches with randoms this morning, with one jammy sod managing a headshot-vital-fuel tank triple in one round. I like to think it was all due to my spotting.......

/cowers behind wall
  • monkehhh 6 May 2012 14:38:17 5,229 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
  • DUFFMAN5 6 May 2012 14:40:07 25,693 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Enjoying the game. managed to place 4 tripwires and 3 mines in the library, in the mission where you have to cover the guy making is way into the library, the one with intel

Played a tiny section of MP, which would have been fun if the other random did not continuly get downed by a fookin tank.

So far and at 6 hours in I would say 8/10
  • MetalDog 6 May 2012 15:03:11 24,076 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm enjoying the single player a lot - particualry that mission you mention, Duff - shame about the end, he seemed pretty cool, it would have been fun to have an outrageously accented spotter for company for a while and there was more than a whiff of 'redemption via death' about the whole deal..

The MP is okay, but the DM mode spawn system means nine times out of ten you're shot by someone spawning up your arse, so the team DM is better imo. Haven't tried co-op yet - I've been playing on Elite and the mechanics of spot-tagging are a mystery to me as yet.
  • Darth_Flibble 6 May 2012 17:56:57 4,185 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    got as a rental and really enjoyed it. Didn't play on sniper elite aka hard but on marksman (normal) It was lot of fun just taking down the enemy and toying with them (throwing rocks to get them to walk into trip mines etc) Was hoping for more bigger areas and more of choice how to get through the level. Was expecting it to be shit after the developers last 2 games but glad to be wrong. They should of dropped the competitive multiplayer as it will dead in no time, they could of used the time to make the single player better. The AI can be weird at times but no worse than other big name games

maybe 6.5 or 7.
  • neems 6 May 2012 20:59:49 4,822 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TRIPLE KILL!

Getting rushed by a bunch of Russians (not intended), snap shot, 2 headshots and a chest hit. Awesome.

I also had a double kill where the second guy was 50 odd yards behind the first.

Somebody should send this game to Jack Thompson.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.