Sniper Elite V2 Page 6

Next Last
  • Deleted user 6 May 2012 21:01:42
    Is there a load of forced / close combat in this?
  • DUFFMAN5 7 May 2012 11:19:37 26,316 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    This game is excellent, so tense all the time. Only have 2 of my chums playing/played it(out of 90 odd)it really is a lot of fun.

@ monk
    Yes there is a bit, but with the ability to lay various traps it makes it a lot of fun. I have had to replay a few areas a few times, but the autosaves have been kind.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:20:56 07-05-2012
  • Deleted user 7 May 2012 12:02:19
    Cheers, think that's enough to sway me. Traps = fun. Think the last sniper game I played was Ghost Warrior and that was cack!
  • DUFFMAN5 9 May 2012 13:17:36 26,316 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just completed. Played for nearly 13 hours
    Excellent game, once you complete you get a "horde" mode as well. I only lasted 4 waves mind you ;)

I may go back and get some level specific cheveo's or I might not. Really glad I rented it, if it gets meaty dlc I'm sure I will re-rent at some point.
  • repairmanjack 9 May 2012 16:47:17 6,133 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Realy like the online. Skipped past campaign co-op and did the three Overwatch missions last night with FlexibleFeline (one spots the other snipes). Some very close calls at the end of those missions.

Also tried one game of Bombing Run, which is likely to become a whole new addiction. Had no idea a countdown was actually going to start midway through - we made it with five seconds on the clock.

I adore this; it's everything I hoped for in a sequel. Even Hitler has already said goodbye to his Nazi ball(s).
  • Reacher 9 May 2012 16:49:04 3,025 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm getting really in to this now... setting up escape routes, getting my timing down etc..

There are a few things that I would like changed, like the AI once you've fired your first shot being able to pinpoint where you are no matter how good your cover is..

That said.. I shot a guy who was lying on the rooftop and above from a few hundred yards away, upward, with wind etc.. right through his eye as he looked in to his own scope.. Love it.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 May 2012 14:50:45 26,316 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Playing through this on elite this time(only the 2nd mission in mind you)not too taxing as yet, I'm sure it will be. Death certainly comes a lot quicker as does wasting ammo going for head shots, still lots of fun though.
    Did you guys find all the bars of gold and wine (without guides) I only have 39 bars and 12 wine, not that I'm too bothered, just imagine they must be out of the way.

Played some various online modes. Horde with a guy who sent me a message saying "he had seen some shite before but I was even worse! :) what is he fucking on about I got him the cheve for firstaid (you know the one)

Had more fun with co-op with another random.

Re the killcam, the exit wounds look nasty as hell.
  • MetalDog 10 May 2012 14:56:37 24,076 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Does anyone else feel a bit guilty about the number of regular poor bastards just caught up in the hell of war you end up killing?
    Not to mention all the supposed allies you kill?
    Just me?
  • Oh-Bollox 10 May 2012 22:08:43 6,513 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Brutality of war innit. Can't make an omelette without bursting some testicles, etc.
  • DocX 11 May 2012 18:44:01 1,963 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    2 new mp maps are out on Steam today.
  • Anthony_UK 12 May 2012 20:17:32 3,043 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Loving this, the AI is the only cause of frowns so far.

Second level, after taking out the first four guards.... I hit a trigger point which released a bunch of guards including one on an MG42 who all seemed to have been laser guided to my position firing away...restarting and hitting that same trigger unleashed the second time round just the 2 guards who were oblivious. With nothing as far as I can see between each approach, that is a little annoying.

Despite this main annoyance, I still can't get enough of it so far just a shame the multiplayer didn't make it to consoles.

Edited by Anthony_UK at 20:19:39 12-05-2012
  • NorfolkMale 13 May 2012 03:12:57 49 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • NorfolkMale 13 May 2012 03:13:44 49 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone know how to 'Secure The Plaza'? I've killed everyone but for some reason it's not letting me progress further..
  • Deleted user 13 May 2012 08:02:59
    That happened to me once - it's a glitch I'm afraid. I reloaded, did it again and the checkpoint triggered.
  • Bombonera 29 May 2012 04:36:03 435 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is this an easy game to get to 1000 on the 360? As is often the case for me with 360 games, difficulty of Achievements is the key factor in my decision of whether to purchase, rent or neither. How long did it take you guys to complete?

Edited by Bombonera at 04:37:41 29-05-2012
  • Deleted user 29 May 2012 10:03:34
    Im about half way through on elite difficulty and so far its took about 5hrs.
  • Deleted user 9 July 2012 16:09:39
    Does anybody know if the DLC is worth getting for this or if it adds cheevos or anything?
  • repairmanjack 9 Jul 2012 17:05:10 6,133 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is it just the kill Hitler dlc or is more out yet? No achievements for that... and I felt it was rather overpriced at 800 points. Got it free for pre-ordering, along with the new rifles.

If that's the one you're refering to, I'd wait for a sale.

That said, I'm keen for new missions.
  • Deleted user 9 July 2012 20:02:21
    Yeah i was on about the hitler DLC. Thanks for the heads up ill wait till its half price.
  • Deleted user 7 November 2012 18:37:16
    From what I hear, the multiplayer mode is out today :). Can't wait to get in there with me mates. =)
  • repairmanjack 8 Nov 2012 00:26:27 6,133 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Grabbed the dlc. The paid weapons are a mix: pistol with the kick of a magnum, fab machine gun and utterly shite sniper rifle.

They should be shouting about the multiplayer stuff. No one's on yet. Word needs to get around.
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 08:51:46
    Renting this at the minute and it seems the perfect game to rent. It's quite enjoyable but the AI being able to spot you after one shot is annoying.

Slo-mo cams will never get old though.
  • DUFFMAN5 11 Apr 2013 08:57:16 26,316 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Renting this at the minute and it seems the perfect game to rent. It's quite enjoyable but the AI being able to spot you after one shot is annoying.

Slo-mo cams will never get old though.
    Hi trout
    Get renting Gears, you ratbag ;-)
    I really enjoyed the game, must be played on the hardest settings though, and I say that as someone who is shite at the harder difficulties.
  • Deleted user 11 April 2013 09:03:14
    Yeah, I always play games on their hardest setting for the challenge, I imagine it makes this one a lot more tense than a lower difficulty would.

As for Gears, blame lovefilm! They just haven't picked it for me yet.
  • KD 11 Mar 2017 14:05:00 3,053 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Did the family sharing on steam with a friend and they have been on this all morning, remember getting it for free somewhere.

Anyone got a spare key? I got a spare Chivalry on steam I can gift to someone if they like.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.