Battlefield 4 Page 6

  • Deleted user 28 March 2013 14:10:34
    ronuds wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    FWB wrote:
    Still rate BF1942 on the PC as the best of the series.
    I really enjoyed it when it first came out, but have you played it recently? It hasn't aged well IMO...

    For me, it has to be BC2. Playing BF games without destruction just feels wrong now
    I could probably write an essay on everything I think is wrong with Bad Company 2 (I sort of did once but best not go into that) but it's probably my all time favourite multiplayer game.
    BC2 was the pinnacle!

    Let's not forget '43 either. A simple yet extremely entertaining BF, imo. Let down by lack of ongoing support, though. My 2nd fave anyway.
    Aye, a near perfect lovely little game was 1943. A great balance of simple to play but tricky to master.
  • Tryhard 28 Mar 2013 14:35:08 12,014 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:

    Aye, a near perfect lovely little game was 1943. A great balance of simple to play but tricky to master.
    Samurai sword to the face.Loved the maps to.
  • Alastair 28 Mar 2013 15:40:02 21,915 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    There was a helicopter training mission in BF3, but it was co-op.
    Yep, it was indeed a good one. But being co-op I wonder how many people actually played it.
    They could have put in something similar in single player fairly easily - replay on higher difficulty levels until you get to 'actual online multiplayer' difficulty! ;)
  • Alastair 25 Apr 2013 11:21:07 21,915 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Can someone tell me a bit about 'Commander Mode'?
    Presumably it featured in a previous BF game...
  • fletch7100 25 Apr 2013 11:25:23 8,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Alastair

    One player was in charge of the overall strategy for that team, he could tell squads where to attack/defend, fire artillery where ever be wanted, drop supplies for teammates, had control of UAVs for scanning small area or radar for scanning the whole area.

    Whether squad leaders every followed the commanders orders is another story. You could vote to get rid of your commander for someone else
  • fletch7100 25 Apr 2013 11:26:08 8,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Alastair

    One player was in charge of the overall strategy for that team, he could tell squads where to attack/defend, fire artillery where ever he wanted, drop supplies for teammates, had control of UAVs for scanning small area or radar for scanning the whole area.

    Whether squad leaders every followed the commanders orders is another story. You could vote to get rid of your commander for someone else
  • Alastair 25 Apr 2013 11:29:14 21,915 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Was the commander also fighting like an infantry soldier, or was he sitting back at base?
    I'd guess that he'd be out fighting as otherwise it would be too easy to get zero points when your team ignored all your orders.
  • Whizzo 25 Apr 2013 11:41:58 44,765 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Was the commander also fighting like an infantry soldier, or was he sitting back at base?
    Most commanders would be prone somewhere in the rear hoping no-one shot them while they had their eyes on the battle map.
  • Tryhard 25 Apr 2013 11:53:29 12,014 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I cannot wait for a 13 year old commander on xbox to lead us all to our deaths.:lol:
  • andytheadequate 25 Apr 2013 12:16:43 8,980 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Was the commander also fighting like an infantry soldier, or was he sitting back at base?
    I'd guess that he'd be out fighting as otherwise it would be too easy to get zero points when your team ignored all your orders.
    Well you see, old Battlefield games weren't filled with bellends that were obsessed with their points score. People actually played the game properly. Most of the time.
    Speaking of bellends playing BF, me and Brett have been playing BC2 on the PC recently and the notion that PC gamers are any more mature than 360 players has been proven to be utterly ridiculous. I've never seen more "EASY!", "looool", "n00b", and "fag" insults flying around.

    And there seems to be as many people not playing the objectives on the PC as there are on the 360.

    Maybe BF2 was different, but I remember BF1942 being similar too...

    Edited by andytheadequate at 12:17:11 25-04-2013
  • andytheadequate 25 Apr 2013 12:35:54 8,980 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've noticed less 'trash talk' on BF3 than BC2, although players seem to be less objective based.

    With more than 12 players per side, Rush maps are almost impossible to attack successfully, I've found. Even 16 v 16 turns into a defensive stalemate. Guess it shows just how hard it is to balance maps

    Edited by andytheadequate at 12:37:31 25-04-2013
  • Deleted user 21 May 2013 21:45:57
    andytheadequate wrote:
    ecureuil wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Was the commander also fighting like an infantry soldier, or was he sitting back at base?
    I'd guess that he'd be out fighting as otherwise it would be too easy to get zero points when your team ignored all your orders.
    Well you see, old Battlefield games weren't filled with bellends that were obsessed with their points score. People actually played the game properly. Most of the time.
    Speaking of bellends playing BF, me and Brett have been playing BC2 on the PC recently and the notion that PC gamers are any more mature than 360 players has been proven to be utterly ridiculous. I've never seen more "EASY!", "looool", "n00b", and "fag" insults flying around.

    And there seems to be as many people not playing the objectives on the PC as there are on the 360.

    Maybe BF2 was different, but I remember BF1942 being similar too...
    Yup. See also: MOBAs. If 'mature' means 'able to use a mouse', then the PC community are OAPs, sure. Otherwise, just as many cunts. Text chat makes them even more visible too.
  • DrStrangelove 21 May 2013 23:06:01 12,313 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whoever plays a juvenile CoD clone like BC2 on PC has to be somewhat immature, hasn't he?

    edit: forget what I said, Counter-Strike or whatever, they're all the same. In shooters, if you have the possibility, turn off all communication with other players.

    Edited by DrStrangelove at 23:07:30 21-05-2013
  • fletch7100 25 May 2013 07:23:11 8,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not surprising, BF4 MP trailer reveal will be on 10th June at E3. Both Sony and MS are having their press events that day, so hopefully some next gen footage will be available.



    Edited by fletch7100 at 07:38:43 25-05-2013
  • Deleted user 25 May 2013 09:56:05
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Whoever plays a juvenile CoD clone like BC2 on PC has to be somewhat immature, hasn't he?

    edit: forget what I said, Counter-Strike or whatever, they're all the same. In shooters, if you have the possibility, turn off all communication with other players.
    BC2 borrows from CoD in as much as every shooter does but not being mostly twitch-reactions based and having objectives as well as opportunity for tactics makes the label of "juvenile" a bit strange.
  • fletch7100 9 Jun 2013 20:48:02 8,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some images have been leaked, meant to be Alpha build test version. Who knows:)

    http://imgur.com/a/oBF5P
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jun 2013 20:58:33 31,263 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Looks more like they're from Battlefield 2...
  • Tryhard 9 Jun 2013 21:12:03 12,014 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rose on console, about time. Can't wait to use "Go.go.go" on a recon on a rock.
  • fletch7100 11 Jun 2013 10:25:33 8,368 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago



    Edited by fletch7100 at 10:30:25 11-06-2013
  • Tryhard 11 Jun 2013 21:30:45 12,014 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spectator mode has four views in BF4,and suppression is only LMG range only.GM of Dice confirmed on BF4 live stream.
  • Deleted user 11 June 2013 21:42:23
    64 players on consoles i think as sold me. I was really confident of not buying a FPS for a few years, but i really would like to try this out as it was meant to be played.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.