Battlefield 4 Page 271

• H1ggyLTD 2 Aug 2014 13:08:08 8,922 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is very little general chatter on the game, in my experience.
  • Nades 2 Aug 2014 13:17:09 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, the only time I hear someone is on Kinect, and they probably dont even realise it has a mic on it.
  • mattk84 2 Aug 2014 15:54:02 908 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    I loved the times before parties. Much better with loads of people speaking. Had so much more of a community feel to it (Xbox Live).
    Agree 100%.
    BFMC on 360 was awesome. Many more people talking and I was forever giving advanced warning on enemies.
  • Nades 2 Aug 2014 16:01:10 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mattk84 wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    I loved the times before parties. Much better with loads of people speaking. Had so much more of a community feel to it (Xbox Live).
    Agree 100%.
    BFMC on 360 was awesome. Many more people talking and I was forever giving advanced warning on enemies.
    Party chats are great, but maybe they should exit you out of chat if you go MP, not SP.
  • mattk84 2 Aug 2014 20:21:29 908 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    It just seems very odd to me that there is ZERO chatter, its statistically unlikely. I don't even know if my new headset even works yet.
    When I first used mine I was gibbering away with no responses for ages. I had to actually ask for a mic check to get a response!
    Party chat has killed online cooperation. Most of my FL on 360 was compromised of people met thru online chat but that opportunity just doesn't arise now.
  • bigdan1035 2 Aug 2014 20:23:13 102 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're lucky if people spot enemies, let alone be in chat!
  • andy10 2 Aug 2014 21:50:54 273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No-one likes a backseat driver - least of all in Battlefield 4. What did he do wrong? Forget to use the indicators before turning?

Having said that, I do get irritated when I spawn on a squadmate who proceeds to beach their jetski on a remote island and buckle down for some long-range sniping, leaving me with a long swim back to shore...
  • mattk84 2 Aug 2014 22:08:45 908 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    andy10 wrote:
    No-one likes a backseat driver - least of all in Battlefield 4. What did he do wrong? Forget to use the indicators before turning?

Having said that, I do get irritated when I spawn on a squadmate who proceeds to beach their jetski on a remote island and buckle down for some long-range sniping, leaving me with a long swim back to shore...
    Knife it back into the water.
  • andy10 2 Aug 2014 22:25:23 273 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mattk84 Thanks - I mean totally beached, beyond knifing. Or kamikaze helicopter pilots who just want to drop on unreachable buildings.
  • Nades 3 Aug 2014 12:02:56 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    You are a bad driver in Halo, Battlefield etc when you simply stop for a period long enough to get your gunners picked off or blown up.

I expect I said "Don't stop moving! We'll die! (boat explodes) Like that!"
    Yep, and dont forget about those people who think its a brilliant idea to try splattering/running everyone over. Gets on my nerves
  • H1ggyLTD 4 Aug 2014 21:53:12 8,922 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I'm on ONE.

Have tried what matey-boy said on the last page.

We'll see how that goes.
    Nope.

My latest theory is that it resets your loadouts every time you unlock a weapon.

Beyond a piss take.
  • Nades 4 Aug 2014 21:56:23 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mine seem to be alright at the moment. I think going on the site helps somehow....really is a joke. I've actually been on Ghosts much more lately, the shot registration is impressive to say the least especially compared to this.
  • mattk84 5 Aug 2014 13:07:42 908 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Commander is poorly implemented.
    If only 1 team has a commander I don't think they should be allowed the cruise missiles or AC130 as it gives too much of an advantage.
    If 2 commanders are in the game you end up just chasing each other round the map creating a stalemate.
  • Nades 5 Aug 2014 15:13:22 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmmm, yesterday I decided to join a 1 bar connection game just to see how much of a joke the lag is, turned out to be the best connection I've played on in ages, been purposely playing on 1 bar connections since and it seems better. WTF is happening? O.O
  • Tryhard 5 Aug 2014 15:16:52 12,014 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BF4 lag compensation,gives you an advantage over players with lower ping.
  • Nades 5 Aug 2014 20:25:43 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bet he felt like a right tit haha.
  • Nades 7 Aug 2014 20:33:07 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    September update:

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/battlefield_4/news/next_battlefield_4_title_update_detailed_due_in_september.html

Seems pretty good, hope I can tell a difference in the netcode this time and I'll be happy, although with Destiny that month, my interest might not be with BF4.
  • H1ggyLTD 7 Aug 2014 21:07:59 8,922 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok so today, Loadouts had reset before i'd even started (having rectified them online after i'd quit last session).

Had a look online and some were saying that the issus is to do with cloud syncs, and if you set the loadouts in-game, then go to the in-game options and change the volume or sensitivity a little - this forces a hard save to the cloud which sorts the issue.

We'll see.
  • Nades 7 Aug 2014 21:16:45 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I doubt it, surprised there isn't a fix for it in the update.
  • mattk84 7 Aug 2014 22:43:14 908 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nothing in the update about making games playable from the start I see. Still have to wait a minute for audio and textures to kick in.
    NS maps are horrible for that.

Still on a break from BF and I honestly don't know if I will return. Almost 1 year since launch and not only updates but updates of updates!
    I might be tempted to return if they fixed the chat icons but they haven't and probably won't.
  • oldskooldeano 8 Aug 2014 11:31:20 2,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So annoying that loadout resetting. As for chatting I never used to chat, but now I just chat all the time. Get out of the chopper, I'm repairing the chopper so please don't bail mr.pilot. Stop moving the tank so I can repair/shoot this guy.Where are we going? There is a sniper up there etc. but rarely do I get any response. I dont care any more I just keep talking because I'm sure it's useful for the squad. I just wish ppl would talk to me.
  • Nades 8 Aug 2014 11:38:17 2,906 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a shame BF (and other games) don't have a search option to search for players with mics and out of chat. Reach done it although them days I wasn't bothered to try it out.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.