Following Post bad ebay sellers here. A++!!! WUD YOUSE AGIN Page 5

• Cappy 2 May 2016 12:43:18 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Of course, that's why it's so highly amusing. Sadly, it looks like they don't want to play anymore. Their last message was devoid of any pleasantries and just a terse 'so what are you getting at?'.

So now we come to the part where I explain that they are responsible for the listing being correct, since they seem to have finally accepted that this game is actually missing the manual.

Edited by Cappy at 18:43:47 02-05-2016
  • mothercruncher 2 May 2016 14:11:42 15,667 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You are really shocking it to them. I suspect they won't forget this lesson in a hurry.
  • jaangus 2 May 2016 15:41:40 5,376 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Somebody called johnilly247 is a complete cunt they entered a dispute for a non authorised payment knowing I was selling a digital item and that the dispute would be in their favour after speaking to 4 cretins at paypal I managed to get the money back from paypal. They didn't even bother to contact me just opened a dispute in return I have asked ebay to look into their account for repeat instances of this.

Digital sales on eBay are a joke I could understand if they said the code didn't work but it's not my fault they can't protect their account or that their kid has used it. To me their policy just facilitates theft.

Edited by jaangus at 15:43:22 02-05-2016
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 May 2016 17:09:20 17,462 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Go easy on the guy cappy, this could ruin him. I've seen people commit suicide over less.
  • neilka 2 May 2016 17:15:58 22,268 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bet the manual wouldn't even smell that nice by this stage anyway.
  • Cappy 24 May 2016 11:52:46 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The eBay seller is back, I suspect he didn't commit suicide. I got a message from him this morning.

After opening a dispute, I got a partial refund the cost of the item but not the postage. Then no word from him for weeks.

But it turns out he'd expected me to return the item too, throwing the cost of postage plus return postage down the drain for nothing is what partial refund means to him.

I've just asked him to stump up a fiver to square us on postage, let's see where this goes.
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 May 2016 12:01:24 9,242 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If that doesn't pan out you could always mail some turds, hire a hitman or something.
  • Cappy 24 May 2016 12:11:18 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was thinking of cutting the disc into three pieces and having a go at seeing how the Demolition Man three shells works.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2016 09:59:39
    Not an eBay seller but a hotukdeals member.
    User rinse wanted to buy a cpu heatsink/cooler I listed on there. Paypal cleared yesterday so I got courier booked and labels printed out and got it posted this morning. I sign into my account this morning and get accused of dragging my heels and running away with his money???

Fucks sake he's never done a deal on there before and didn't even know how to make a PayPal payment.
  • Sharz 2 Sep 2016 12:00:45 1,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else have problems with selling stuff to Italians?

Last few times that I had a buyer in Italy they claimed to never of received the package. If i send it tracked Royal Mail say they can only say when it has left the UK network unless i pay silly money.

Last thing which got lost in the Italian postal system was an Xbox Controller so hardly worth insane postage costs. And on another occasion I kept getting offensive messages from a guy who bought a keyboard from me. When it didn't arrive, he actually logged a complaint that a refund wasn't good enough as he wanted the keyboard. Again also in Italy.

Not saying it's the Italian people rather the Italian postal system.

Edited by Sharz at 12:04:59 02-09-2016
  • Deleted user 2 September 2016 12:13:38
    You wanna be real careful slagging Italians off on this site home slice
  • Deleted user 2 September 2016 12:14:04
    #cloakgate
  • Cappy 2 Sep 2016 12:18:55 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wouldn't sell to Italians, it's a bit of a risk, there's years of history there for a lot of sellers. If Royal Mail didn't make International signed for deliveries so prohibitively expensive you could perhaps make it work, but it is the way it is.

Considering that eBay takes a cut on postage you're better off just selling to people in the UK nowadays. You're losing too much money when you're posting an item to Brazil for instance when eBay takes a 10% cut on an amount that barely covers the postage.
  • urban 23 Nov 2016 10:05:25 13,056 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Got scammed by the oldest trick in the eBay book!

Spent 132 on a cardboard box! hahaha

NINTENDO 3DS XL OFFICIAL BOX ORANGE AND BLACK LIMITED EDITION NEW

Bid on it thinking it'd go a lot higher than the 72 it was currently sat at, bid 136 and had three people bidding against me. Turns out one of those retracted their bid making me the unknown highest bidder.

Auction ends, I take a proper look at the auction and I realise I've been had.

Phoned ebay and they said I'm covered but they told me to contact the seller to cancel the purchase if it's not the item I was expecting.

Should be good, I'm amused more than anything that I fell for something like this.
  • Psiloc 23 Nov 2016 10:17:30 4,935 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sharz wrote:
    Anyone else have problems with selling stuff to Italians?

Last few times that I had a buyer in Italy they claimed to never of received the package. If i send it tracked Royal Mail say they can only say when it has left the UK network unless i pay silly money.

Last thing which got lost in the Italian postal system was an Xbox Controller so hardly worth insane postage costs. And on another occasion I kept getting offensive messages from a guy who bought a keyboard from me. When it didn't arrive, he actually logged a complaint that a refund wasn't good enough as he wanted the keyboard. Again also in Italy.

Not saying it's the Italian people rather the Italian postal system.
    I know this post is a bit old, but for the record I see plenty of listings explicitly state that they won't deal with Italy. For whatever reason it seems to rank up there with North Africa for risk.
  • robthehermit 23 Nov 2016 10:25:47 7,087 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @urban I'd be more concerned that he's using your email address to sign you up for:

All winners will receive a free 20 next voucher via email, a 10 Deliveroo voucher, an 25 hello fresh voucher, and a free graze box
  • urban 23 Nov 2016 13:06:03 13,056 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @robthehermit I haven't received those either, fucker!
  • urban 29 Nov 2016 10:54:45 13,056 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    One last hurrah.

"Hiya my paypal has been hacked so ive had had to create a new paypal address for safety reasons, ive requested the payment from you again for my new paypal address and refunded your original payment.
    Once payment is recieved i will post your items to you right away

My warmest regards"

First Paypal payment was to "Dan Miller". He sent a request to my paypal address for the same amount for a different name entirely "Jason Wiseman" So I rejected that, took my refund and reported him to Ebay.

Quite a sneaky scam!

Shill Bidding
    Fake item
    Bad description
    Hijacked account
    Numerous paypal addresses - Attempting to take the payment away from the original purchase, most people wouldn't know that you're no longer protected by Paypal/Ebay if you paid that second payment.

Be safe people!
  • Cappy 19 Feb 2017 23:11:11 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A bit of an odd one...

I win an auction, I pay. Then I get a message requesting I meet them at a train station and collect the game myself next weekend.

I'm just wondering why he isn't posting it, I paid for postage after all.

It's so out of left field I don't really know how to respond.
  • Deleted user 19 February 2017 23:16:27
    Ask them to leave you one kidney, and bring Vaseline to the train station
  • Cappy 19 Feb 2017 23:20:20 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Check the news next weekend for reports of an unconscious man discovered at a train station with a Dreamcast game wedged between their bum cheeks.

Edited by Cappy at 23:20:48 19-02-2017
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 19 Feb 2017 23:50:37 32,207 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That sounds like a scam, but I can't figure out what it could be. The similar scam only works if you're the buyer and ask to collect, because it leaves them without proof of posting. Did they just get confused about the scam and get it back to front?
  • Cappy 9 Nov 2017 11:00:10 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Haha!

I had a game turn up this morning packed with an interesting alternative to an envelope, I've had games arrive in a bin liner before but this is a new shock surprise.

Cling film, newspaper and sticky tape. It was almost a shame to open it and ruin their artful alternative to conventional packaging.

Where can it go next? Toilet paper? Surely that's how Ubisoft games are already packaged as standard.
  • challenge_hanukkah 9 Nov 2017 11:12:01 9,242 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pics?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 9 Nov 2017 11:19:46 8,218 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So what happened at the train station?
  • Psiloc 9 Nov 2017 11:29:47 4,935 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Had a buyer from Italy with 0 feedback purchase something from me. Received the money OK and it's going internationally via ebay's global shipping program... so I'm good, right?

If there's one sale I'm sure is "not going to turn up", it's this one.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 9 Nov 2017 11:31:36 8,218 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Italy is fairly notorious for having parcels go missing.
  • Cappy 9 Nov 2017 12:06:11 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    So what happened at the train station?
    Nothing particularly interesting, I kept suggesting they post the game whilst they kept trying to arrange a meet at the station whilst they were commuting home in the evening.

If it was a bulky item I could see some merit to directly picking something up. but it was a US Dreamcast game, the same size packaging and weight as a standard music CD.

Eventually they just put it in the post. Thank you mystery train station person.
  • Cappy 9 Nov 2017 12:10:41 13,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    Had a buyer from Italy with 0 feedback purchase something from me. Received the money OK and it's going internationally via ebay's global shipping program... so I'm good, right?

If there's one sale I'm sure is "not going to turn up", it's this one.
    You should be fine, it's tracked.

The only issue I've had is that sometimes they just slash around with knives haphazardly when they want to inspect a package. I ended up with a massive knife cut in the back of a rare RPG and there really are no mechanisms in place to deal with the issue since the damage happened at the global shipping centre rather than when it was with the mail carrier.

That shouldn't be a problem for your package though since it's staying within the EU and unlikely to be inspected.

Edited by Cappy at 12:13:54 09-11-2017
  • BigOrkWaaagh 19 Jul 2018 20:53:39 8,218 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sold a digital code earlier on eBay, got a couple of private messages too and finally some good feedback. Hooray. Just now the buyer says their kid bought it without their knowledge so they want a refund. I've said no because it's a digital code and is now useless, but I fully expect them to moan to eBay. I'm fucked, aren't I?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.