Following Virtual Reality a Reality? (Rift, Morpheus, Vive et al) Page 314

• Tomo 20 Mar 2020 10:51:43 17,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    So I just went to check how long I have to wait for my pre-order Index controllers, and they are now not listed in my Purchase History on Steam... not had any emails to say there has been a problem.

Anyone else had this?
  • JoelStinty 21 Mar 2020 16:04:57 8,798 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know most of my posts will be covering old ground but I Purchased Superhot and played through the b disc levels this afternoon.

Itís senstational. Mind blown. Reckon I can now star in the John Wick films. Keanu has nothing on me. Grinning from ear to ear.

Edited by JoelStinty at 16:07:18 21-03-2020
  • Tomo 21 Mar 2020 16:44:38 17,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Superhot VR is one of the best definitely.
  • cov 21 Mar 2020 16:46:19 2,233 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Which is best that or pistol whip?
  • KD 21 Mar 2020 16:53:08 2,692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Pistol Whip is amazing with the music, a game to be played loud. Superhot is just amazing all the time imo.
  • Tricky 21 Mar 2020 19:32:41 4,954 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    So I just went to check how long I have to wait for my pre-order Index controllers, and they are now not listed in my Purchase History on Steam... not had any emails to say there has been a problem.

Anyone else had this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/flyh3o/index_order_disappeared/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 12:36:35 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Setup the index now properly. Just short of room scale which is a shame, but unless I start knocking walls down there's not much I can do about that.

Just had a go on talos principle and skyrim - phew, maybe I should have gone with something a little more sedate - haven't been on the psvr for months, so I need to get my legs back I think! No after effects after taking the headset off, but a little nausea moving around in vr - though I always have everything set for full locomotion, so I need to wind it back a bit for a while I think.

The finger tracking though - that's an absolute game changer. Awesome stuff.

Edited by quadfather at 12:37:12 22-03-2020
  • Fake_Blood 22 Mar 2020 12:53:49 10,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Best to get your bearings doing stuff like The Lab, and don't forget Aperture Hands Lab.
  • KD 22 Mar 2020 13:28:21 2,692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Got a stool to rest on for a bit.
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 13:46:24 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I might swap the big chair out for a stool to play - arms of the chair keep getting in the way.

However, fucking hell - has anyone played Asgards Wrath?

Jesus christ, it's absolutely fucking amazing. Totally blown away with it.

Didn't get any sickness either - I'm slowly getting back into it now.
  • MrWonderstuff 22 Mar 2020 13:54:45 3,238 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm in the middle of Asgards Wrath - great title (very much a puzzle/fightong game). Great environments. Very much a triple-A title. However, I have just got back to Skyrim with my new system and installed some mods...lordy Skyrim was so far ahead of its time. Asgards is on hold for a bit.
  • Fake_Blood 22 Mar 2020 13:56:23 10,232 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Top of my head some free stuff to try:

Fantasynth: 5 minute demoscene audio/visual thing, looks and sounds good
    Aircar: Fly around a BladeRunner type city, nothing to do, just looks great
    VersaillesVR | the Palace is yours: Walk around the Versailles palace
    Nefertari: Journey to Eternity: Walk around in an Egyptian tomb
    Google Earth VR: It's google earth, but in VR
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 13:58:38 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nice one, I'll check all those out. I've only really played PSVR titles, so anything PC only I need to catch up on.

And yes, I have skyrim on standby - except for some reason, every time I start it and wake up on the cart, the horse goes mental and the cart just stops or it just spins around like mad, so it's unplayable at the moment.
  • MrWonderstuff 22 Mar 2020 14:02:56 3,238 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @quadfather If you are modding Skyrim then wait in the main lobby until all mods are loaded before starting the game proper.

This link may help: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/9j69cp/cart_ride_from_hell_in_vr_its_extra_helly/

Oh I just realised you are running on an Index:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/e3cl32/opening_sequence_vr_fail/

or this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8004?tab=description

Edited by MrWonderstuff at 14:06:05 22-03-2020
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 14:11:36 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff

Ah, nice one, that opening sequence is exactly what I'm experiencing and I think I'm probably at a high FPS. I'm also on the 144hz experimental mode, so I'll need to tweak it by the sounds of it.

Haven't modded it yet - just wanted to get it going first and sort out movement options etc before going mad.
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 16:07:34 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ok, can anyone help me out here - apparently there's a skyrim fix for the cart, so I've installed the MO2 manager and lobbed what I think should go in there - does it look right to you? (It's not showing up in Skyrim Add Ons in the main game menu and the cart is still flipping out)

I'll have a look for the fps fix in the meantime
  • Tomo 22 Mar 2020 16:24:17 17,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Oh man. I spent days modding SkyrimVR.

The skyrimvr subreddit is an absolute treasure trove for setting it up: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/

This is the compendium linked as a sticky on the subreddit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qbh7GE30xLyso7MA6u3xpNJNdL5r2V2WP8SjZ4VpHLQ/edit

I followed Beginner's Guide by Rallyeator first, which uses Vortex and it was pretty good. Took me best part of a day to setup, but results are worth it.

My current setup follows Aerowyn's guide, linked in there. But he got his Index and wasn't happy with it, and then basically went AWOL sadly. He was a very helpful chap.

Basically, have a read. The subreddit caters to all needs really.
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 16:30:24 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Tomo

Nice one, thanks a lot for that.

Yes, I used to have the vanilla skyrim on a pc years ago and remember spending AGES going through all the mods.

Gotta do it again for the vr version on index though.

I'll have a shufty at that link. Because I've just made the FPS changes, I need to try it again, and then if not, try 1 more thing, etc so I know what fixes it!
  • quadfather 22 Mar 2020 16:52:45 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can make it to the village now, but invariably the cart gets stuck on the buildings and just spazzes out. Will try some more settings. Dropping the gsync and the hz to 70 helped - I'll try and go even lower or something.
  • uiruki 22 Mar 2020 18:48:21 5,155 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    BoxVR is very good. Timing is a bit weird at first but itís solid cardio.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2020 19:07:48
    I find BoxVR doesn't really even raise my heart rate. If you really want cardio get The Thrill of the Fight, nothing comes close when it comes to a VR workout.
  • MrWonderstuff 22 Mar 2020 21:33:08 3,238 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @quadfather I think there are mods which just take you after the cart scene. I use Vortex which seems to work pretty well. I had seen videos of that issue and wondered why it never happend to me - seems fun ;-)
  • KD 22 Mar 2020 22:22:32 2,692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I shudder at the thought of sweating in vr, for workout I'd rather kinect tbh.
  • dominalien 23 Mar 2020 08:48:40 9,538 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I have sweated into my VR. It's not fun.
  • quadfather 23 Mar 2020 11:22:34 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    @quadfather I think there are mods which just take you after the cart scene. I use Vortex which seems to work pretty well. I had seen videos of that issue and wondered why it never happend to me - seems fun ;-)
    Yeah read about that but it also changes some core mechanics later in the game so I wanted to avoid that if possible.

It's not fun in vr, I can tell you :)

I'll see how I get on but alyx is available from today and I'm nearly at the end of hl2 ep2 so I should carry on with that for now
  • KD 1 Apr 2020 14:38:11 2,692 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Found a list so thought I'd share it, I haven't heard of a few.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-best-vr-games/
  • quadfather 1 Apr 2020 18:35:49 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    @quadfather If you are modding Skyrim then wait in the main lobby until all mods are loaded before starting the game proper.

This link may help: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/9j69cp/cart_ride_from_hell_in_vr_its_extra_helly/

Oh I just realised you are running on an Index:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/e3cl32/opening_sequence_vr_fail/

or this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8004?tab=description
    Finally sorted the cart glitch out. No matter what I did to the resolution, fps, or Hz on the monitor, I also *have* to set the hz to 80 on the steam overlay. NOW it works.

But none of my mods are loading, waaaa!! Been ages since I modded. I'll have to re-read those links you posted and see if I can suss it.
  • MrWonderstuff 1 Apr 2020 19:02:39 3,238 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That's good you sorted it. 80hz? You could do 90hz as that's what my CV1 is set to. In regards to modding - are you using a mod manager?
  • quadfather 1 Apr 2020 19:24:36 36,409 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff

Yeah, it was doing my head in. I'll try 90 and see if that works too.

Yes, I'm using Mod Organizer 2.0. It's baffling me - the mods are all downloaded, installed, enabled and I can see them all on the right hand pane like they normally are -

It's just that when I click Run in the top right and Skyrim loads, when I go to the Addons choice in the main menu, there's bugger all there. Well, apart from the 3 official DLC ones that is.

Any ideas?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.