Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjectRed and Mike Pondsmith - Sandbox Cyberpunk Page 132

• docrob 8 Jan 2021 01:29:17 1,720 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iíve just been rudely interrupted by the credits rolling.

Itís not that I hadnít put in the hours, but I was only level 23 or so, and I felt Iíd barely begun to put a build together. Canít exactly complain, the game gave me a Ďpoint of no returní warning, but it seemed to be telling me that Iíd be able to go back to the rest of the game afterwards. Waiting for the credits to actually finish to find out whether I can or not.

Guess I was expecting the main story to go on a bit longer.

Edit: So it basically drops you back into the world immediately prior to the final mission? OK, I can work with that. Still got plenty to do, but a bit disappointed all the same.

Edited by docrob at 01:41:18 08-01-2021
  • RedPanda87 8 Jan 2021 08:08:25 2,103 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    dfunked09 wrote:
    I love that the first post in days is someone celebrating getting their refund :D

Where the fuck are the patches already? Still waiting for them to properly fix the bug they said was fixed in the last patch.
    Probably being held up by, you know, it being Christmas and the New Year, and the staff having already been overworked, as has been widely reported. The bulk of the company didn't choose to ship the game in this state and they deserve a break. I'm sure more patches will be along soon.
  • dfunked09 8 Jan 2021 08:48:05 1,451 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Pffftt, get the whip out and make them work around the clock until the bug that affects me is fixed. I'm totally entitled to that.
  • SiroccoJetProp 8 Jan 2021 12:06:10 351 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @myk I found the last one and it was in Saint Domingo funnily enough.
  • deez 8 Jan 2021 18:23:21 329 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So.. after yesterday's stadia article I made a bit more effort and hooked my Chromecast up to a powerline adapter rather than WiFi... Holy shit it makes some difference once you've got the 4k bandwidth option, pretty bloody impressed actually..
  • Rogueywon 9 Jan 2021 23:47:39 10,695 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Think I'm a bit over-levelled in this now. Level 29 and still not done all that much progress on the chapter 2 main quests. Combat is getting a bit on the easy side. Loot from enemies seems to scale with the player's level? I'm getting more frequent purple and orange drops now, with pretty insane damage.
  • Bichii 10 Jan 2021 08:25:48 4,214 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    deez wrote:
    So.. after yesterday's stadia article I made a bit more effort and hooked my Chromecast up to a powerline adapter rather than WiFi... Holy shit it makes some difference once you've got the 4k bandwidth option, pretty bloody impressed actually..
    I'm sad I never grabbed that stadia 2077 deal. Quite like the idea of stadia after trying out the demos and it would mean I could keep playing 2077 instead of waiting until I get a ps5.
  • davidfowles 10 Jan 2021 09:42:36 323 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    So I finally did an ending and it crashed during the end credits.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jan 2021 11:57:16 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    New card in and OMG the shinies.

RTX looks bloody good,. Who knew I'd love reflections in puddles
  • KnuttinAtoll 10 Jan 2021 12:11:33 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got myself a new 2k monitor and I think DLSS is less visible now when running at 1440p - although I had to leave RT reflections off as the performance hit is too high and outside (wet roads) it does still look horribly blurry.

RT shadows though (especially on NPCs) - difficult to go back once you see how much more natural it makes each scene look.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jan 2021 12:31:11 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I fired it back up with my.previous cards settings and it sat at 144fps. Switched 1440p and turned everything to ultra and still 144.

RT on and 45 ... Uurgh

Smidgen of DLSS and now a nice steady 75 to 80. Dips to 55-65 when heading back to the city. Gsync smooths that right out.

/Happycamper
  • KnuttinAtoll 10 Jan 2021 12:49:26 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What card do you have? Mine is a 2060s which I realise is entry level when it comes to RTX. I get around 35 to 50 frames at 1440p at Ultra settings (with a few tweaks incl RT reflections off).

It's the first time I own a Gsync monitor (up to 144hz), so still wrapping my head around it (it tends to run at 100hz standard so half vsync means 50fps which is smooth enough for me), it does make it look smoother at uneven performance compared to my old monitor.

With 2077 I just can't get myself to reduce settings and take a hit to performance on the chin, even if it's not a rock solidly smooth experience - the prettiness is still worth it for me.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 12:50:27 10-01-2021
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jan 2021 12:59:02 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Just bought a 3080 suprim which is a considerable upgrade the 980ti I had before.

Here's a good guide to get the best out of gsync
    https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:59:40 10-01-2021

Edited by crashVoodoo at 13:02:02 10-01-2021
  • KnuttinAtoll 10 Jan 2021 15:44:45 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah am a bit envious. I got the card as part of an off the end desktop (I'm lazy) and the box I chose was just about within my budget. Anything beyond it would've cost a grand more. Still, it serves me well and I'll probably upgrade only in a few years as I bought it last year only.

Thanks for that link btw, will take a look.

Edit: GLOL - I didn't realise I needed to use the Display Port cable that came with the monitor, in order to activate G-sync in my card drivers. So any perceived smoother image was entirely imagined.... looks like I'll be in for a pleasant surprise then!

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 16:02:57 10-01-2021
  • KD 10 Jan 2021 17:13:42 3,195 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll That bit about DP and HDMI working with gsync sucks a bit, Nvidia uses DP and AMD HDMI, I found monitors with both sockets when looking this year after my LG wouldn't work with my 2060s.
  • KnuttinAtoll 10 Jan 2021 17:47:05 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @KD Yeah, but it's ok for me as the screen came with the necessary cable, I wasn't even aware of DP cables haha - goes to show I've been stuck in the dark ages with my trusted (but knackered) 1080p monitor I bought almost 10 years ago.

So, with G-sync working now, it does seem pretty neat - the game looks smoother, but I really noticed it when trying it with MSFS2020 - almost feels I'm hitting 50ish frames when the FPS indicator in Steam tells me ~35 frames. I am impressed.
  • KD 10 Jan 2021 19:00:50 3,195 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @KnuttinAtoll I'm still on 1080p, had a mix of high and medium settings this morning on flight sim to hit that 40fps plus freesync range, was 5860x1080 res tho.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jan 2021 19:35:44 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yeah it's great tech. I had to rely on it sometimes with the 980 as it was a bit older so gsync smoothed everything out.

Now I'm whacking all the RT on, I'm still around the same FPS but it looks stunning and gsync is here to smooth it out
  • ChiefGB 10 Jan 2021 22:18:08 13,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wonder when this jan patch will hit, I guess it would make sense for it to be the latter part of the month, same next month for maximum effect.
    Just hoping for some news on current gen console timeline , as itís taking up space on my shelf.
  • davidfowles 11 Jan 2021 05:01:08 323 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I might let it go now, or do one of the last endings I didnít choose yet. The trophyís for the different endings donít always work apparently, which is annoying. Hopefully that is fixed and can pop properly in a year or so when I plan to replay it all again. This is definitely a ďcome back in 1-2 years when itís doneĒ kind of game, but I enjoyed playing it.

The driving is terrible though, and thereís a lot that seems undercooked. Iím hoping they really build out the game, improve the enemy AI and better balance it for different play styles. Iím talking redesign whole locations kind of stuff. I want to explore sewers.
  • mothercruncher 11 Jan 2021 10:58:32 18,715 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ok but what about the game
  • cov 11 Jan 2021 11:26:42 2,419 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's telling how many different experiences people have. A friend was unhappy that is what wasnt more anti Corp - my playthrough has had these themes. Similarly sewers. Have had a number of missions in the fairly extensive below street level locations including basements, sewers and large water and drainage facilities and underground tunnels.
  • ChiefGB 11 Jan 2021 11:27:17 13,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I donít know if itís just people have blazed through it or shelved it as after about a week my friends list had dried up of people playing it.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2021 11:49:27 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'm still playing it. Had 2 weeks off when I sold my old card but I'm back on it with a spring in my robotstep

I was down by some docks last night and there was a load of steam.coming a vent being blown across towards a docked ship. It looked ace with all the different colour lights changing how it illuminated. I parked my car in it and took a photo

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:53:14 11-01-2021
  • cov 11 Jan 2021 11:59:46 2,419 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Spooky I went to that exact same place last night :)

Am 150 hrs in heh
  • Decks 11 Jan 2021 12:05:59 28,417 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I donít know if itís just people have blazed through it or shelved it as after about a week my friends list had dried up of people playing it.
    I've got a refund. Just seemed stupid to play it in its current form when there's a chance it'll get a lot better.
  • Rogueywon 11 Jan 2021 12:08:24 10,695 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Closing in on 40 hours and mostly still loving it. I've started to hit a few more bugs now, some of which are frustrating, but the game's still generally excellent.
  • oldskooldeano 11 Jan 2021 12:19:43 3,285 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíve clocked over 100 hours now. Finished it in the mid seventies. Canít stop and spend a lot of time in photo mode and posting them in clubs or spamming my Xbox activity feed.
    I did have one bug where my save games seemingly disappeared which made my heart sink but it was fine after a restart thank god. My character is at Neo levels of power. Iím never seen and people just fall down dead without ever knowing what happened. Such fun!
  • ChiefGB 11 Jan 2021 12:22:14 13,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I enjoyed the game for the few hours Iíve played buts it halfbaked on console, and it shows. For those with the current gen machines itís like having a pc then halving all the settings. You just wouldnít do that so seems pointless to continue until weíve seen what these can bring to the table. But the heavy work needed to get the last gen as far as they can get it, means the rest of us are at the back of the line, which I didnít quite expect when they announced the proper upgrade would follow this year.

Still none of this is new but Iíd really like to know how long roughly we may have to wait (though cdpr have shown they donít hit targets all that well) ☺️
  • Vortex808 11 Jan 2021 12:37:51 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm still battering through it, despite some of the glitchy idiosyncrasies grating a bit.

Doing a load of side jobs just now, after possibly pushing one side of the main missions a bit further than I intended.

Level 33ish and loving it overall though, I really can't stop playing it. I'm wfh just now and it urge to play it is quite large. When I do eventually get to play at about 10pm, I am generally finding it's 1am before I know it and i should have gone to bed ages ago.

Really enjoying some of the side quests, especially when they get really involved. Now into some quests in local politics and through that met a cop which also has some interesting quests too.

The world is still really enjoyable with amazing vistas everywhere. I look forward to seeing how it'll look once they finally get the next gen sparklies out there.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.