Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjectRed and Mike Pondsmith - Sandbox Cyberpunk Page 133

• crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2021 13:05:48 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yeah I went to bed shortly after 3 last night (this morning?) and and back up for work this morning. It just gets its claws into you and what is a simple ncpd side hustle turns into a drive across town to investigate the burial site for a potential stash.

Ooh, upturned car what's happening over there...

I agree that the world is great, I love driving around and taking it all in. It's great when go under the megastructures and it's like in a giant mall with all the echo.

I'm trying to be more organic in my search for the next thing to do and letting me exploration guide me rather than just opening the map and going to the next icon. I keep finding little areas where something happened with a bit of a story and you see the aftermath, love stuff like this.

I know it's the same in everybody's game but it just feels a bit more personal.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2021 13:07:09 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Has anybody got into the room in the back of JWs private garage? It's locked ait suggested to look for a key but I didn't find one.
  • Rogueywon 11 Jan 2021 13:27:31 10,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I saved up a load of cash and bought the Aerondight at the weekend. It's made driving a lot more enjoyable, though keeping it under control in heavy traffic is a challenge (as it probably is with real-world hypercars).
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2021 13:30:54 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've finished the main story a couple of weeks ago, clocked about 70 odd hours iirc. That was with a female Corpo V and heavily invested in hacking and stealth (mostly hacking though).

I started a new playthrough with a male Nomad V now, and will focus on the more physical attributes after having seen a YT clip that may as well come straight out of Dishonored (double jumping mayhem cleaning up a rooftop full of goons within seconds).

Am still going through Act 1, could actually start the Heist if I wanted to, and probably will soon - knowing how long that will take means I have held off for now.

Part of me thinks I should give it a break, but it's difficult to put it aside - whenever I see the icon on my Steam homepage I feel compelled to give Night City a visit. It's just too intriguing a place to pass on, plus I feel despite the first playthrough I missed a lot of stuff in terms of side missions as I only focused on the main story plus the side missions that are forced upon you via calls/messages.

Once I get into Act 2 I'll definitely freeroam more and see what I've missed, both in terms of side content and the map itself.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2021 13:31:32 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I splurged for the quadra avenger. It's like a proper dirty old muscle car. I love it
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2021 13:35:43 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I splurged for the quadra avenger. It's like a proper dirty old muscle car. I love it
    That's the General Lee lookalike right? I went for that one, will try the Akira motorbike this time (I find bikes are better to get through traffic if you just need to get from A to B fast).

The vehicle interiors are really cool - it's such a shame the FOV is way too narrow in first person view, and the bloom effects out of control (way too bright too often coming out of tunnels or driving in the direction of the sun).
  • Rogueywon 11 Jan 2021 13:37:40 10,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The vehicles in general in this are insanely well done. From the hypercars down to the old bangers, they all feel like they could actually be real. I've not known another game with a fictional setting put such effort into its cars, including even the GTA series.

Though given the state of other aspects of the game, you do have to wonder whether CDPR had their balance of priorities quite right.
  • KnuttinAtoll 11 Jan 2021 14:01:43 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The models and attention to detail are great, unfortunately the driving model in this is completely pants (I even prefer GTA5's over this) - though some models work better than others.
  • brokenkey 11 Jan 2021 14:08:45 10,726 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Has anybody got into the room in the back of JWs private garage? It's locked ait suggested to look for a key but I didn't find one.
    Key was on the desk in the opposite corner (far left as you come into the garage).
  • Vortex808 11 Jan 2021 18:10:44 14,573 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh ffs! 😃

I looked about a totally missed that. I doubt i could find that place again if i tried though. It's been about 50hrs since i went there.

Is it worth trying to go back? Or not really worth it?

Edited by Vortex808 at 18:11:28 11-01-2021
  • oldskooldeano 11 Jan 2021 20:11:05 3,285 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Oh ffs! 😃

I looked about a totally missed that. I doubt i could find that place again if i tried though. It's been about 50hrs since i went there.

Is it worth trying to go back? Or not really worth it?
    If I recall, no. Some extra items for the funeral thing and some dialogue with Misty?
  • Vortex808 11 Jan 2021 21:07:41 14,573 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ok, so not really worth the effort then. Ta!
  • crashVoodoo 11 Jan 2021 22:25:05 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    You can't get back in after leaving the garage. I tried to go back after the ofrenda

Edited by crashVoodoo at 22:36:17 11-01-2021
  • Vortex808 11 Jan 2021 23:32:26 14,573 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am now at about 80 or 90 hours in. RPGs are massive time sinks.

Loved the politician quests. Dark stuff there!

Still oddles of side jobs which i will whittle down a bit before proceeding with a bit more main story.

2 large npc quests all done now too. Getting through the game slowly but surely... 😀
  • cov 12 Jan 2021 00:58:06 2,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Politician side quests are great - some lovely detail. Was in a conversation and noticed the other character was tapping their foot with impatience... Gave me a right shiver.
  • Syrette 12 Jan 2021 10:43:46 51,003 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The side quests are impressively deep aren't they - you're really missing out if you just stick to the main missions.

Made a point of doing a load of uncompleted ones at a, er, certain point.
  • Rogueywon 12 Jan 2021 10:47:02 10,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Syrette Good storytelling in them, but I'd have been happier if a few more allowed room for player agency. I was hoping for a few more like the (main) quest in Act 1, where you get a choice of which faction to piss off and how to do it, with consequences that get referenced later in the game. There are some great stories in the sidequests, but they do mostly play out on rails.
  • oldskooldeano 12 Jan 2021 11:11:45 3,285 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nina Kraviz does some of the music on the radio. I stumbled across her cameo in the game last night. She replaces one of the ripperdocs late in the game. You can have a short conversation with her where she talks about why she likes Night City. A nice little addition.
  • docrob 12 Jan 2021 14:46:27 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    The side quests are impressively deep aren't they - you're really missing out if you just stick to the main missions.

Im doing that now - after failing to appreciate what the certain point was actually telling me.

Thing is, the threat level for that quest has now dropped to low. Im guessing that if I do all the other side quests and gain some more levels, it will be utterly trivial when I do it again. (Not that Im fussed about that, Im going for the good ending)
  • MrWonderstuff 12 Jan 2021 17:22:04 3,503 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Noticed this is 25.99 at CD Keys - worth a punt or should I wait for patches?
  • MacReadysChessWizard 12 Jan 2021 17:33:22 10 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    I've left mine on XSX for now, it just doesn't feel anywhere near "done", but equally I can't see it being much cheaper than 25 quid for a while yet. What platform?
  • crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2021 17:38:06 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    depends on platform.. PC, go for it
    Next gen console .. seems ok but its just running last gen version, no next gen specific improvements
    Last gen console .. give it a miss for now until the patches drops
  • KnuttinAtoll 12 Jan 2021 17:46:20 8,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

Im doing that now - after failing to appreciate what the certain point was actually telling me.

Thing is, the threat level for that quest has now dropped to low. Im guessing that if I do all the other side quests and gain some more levels, it will be utterly trivial when I do it again. (Not that Im fussed about that, Im going for the good ending)
    Without trying to spoil things too much - that mission dropped to 'low' for me too, but that didn't prevent me having to reload save points several times trying to get past a certain fight. Was playing on 'hard' fwiw, and focusing on hacking abilities.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 17:47:02 12-01-2021
  • MrWonderstuff 12 Jan 2021 18:20:43 3,503 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @MacReadysChessWizard PC - 2070 super on a Ryzen 3600.
  • Rodderz 12 Jan 2021 20:13:13 4,393 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I'm still battering through it, despite some of the glitchy idiosyncrasies grating a bit.

Doing a load of side jobs just now, after possibly pushing one side of the main missions a bit further than I intended.

Level 33ish and loving it overall though, I really can't stop playing it. I'm wfh just now and it urge to play it is quite large. When I do eventually get to play at about 10pm, I am generally finding it's 1am before I know it and i should have gone to bed ages ago.

Really enjoying some of the side quests, especially when they get really involved. Now into some quests in local politics and through that met a cop which also has some interesting quests too.

The world is still really enjoyable with amazing vistas everywhere. I look forward to seeing how it'll look once they finally get the next gen sparklies out there.
    Heh, I'm in a similar boat with this game, lots of late nights! I'm still loving the shit out of this, having been playing since launch and I don't feel at all fatigued with it despite my game clock now sitting on 133 hours played.

My V is almost at level 35 and has max 50 Street cred. I've got some high level hacking abilities now and have a fair few pieces of Legendary level equipment too, including crafted legendary items for the eye and shoe modules. My Widow Maker tech precision rifle is also upgraded to Legendary spec.

That political side quests you mention Vortex, plus River's NCPD quest line, were both really good. The political one gets properly sinister at the end, especially with what Johnny suggests might be going on. There was even something of an intentional/unintentional Easter egg when you meet Jefferson Peralez for the last time, whereby if you look over towards a balcony in the distance from where you sit down to talk to him, you can see a man standing on the balcony who is sort of looking in your general direction. If you zoom in using V's cyber eyes you can see this man has glowing blue eyes and both looks and is dressed very similar to the Illusive Man from the Mass Effect series!

I'm also really enjoying the 'gig' missions you can do for the various fixers, which usually involve extracting someone, or stealing info etc. There's been some interesting quests doing those, one of which I did a few evenings ago that involved stealing some cctv camera footage of some Maelstrom gang members for one of Regina's old cop friends, but which isn't all as it seems when (or if) you review the footage... I'll say no more, but that was pretty good and the outcome had quite a few options!
  • Vortex808 12 Jan 2021 20:56:33 14,573 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rodderz, With regard to your spoilered bit, have you been talking to the conspiracies bloke near misty's tarot shop?

Do so at least 5(maybe more) times chat to him after and give a donation. Don't let the nomads mess with him.

I did not see the person you mentioned, but his rants and quest after saving him will mean something to you.
  • crashVoodoo 12 Jan 2021 21:29:40 6,944 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Vortex808 thanks man, I've been engaging him every time I go past there in the hope that it leads somewhere.
  • Rodderz 12 Jan 2021 21:47:33 4,393 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Vortex808

I know exactly who you're talking about Vortex, but I haven't actually talked to that guy since early in the game! Damn, I will take a trip there when I'm done with my current mission, I'm intrigued to know more!
  • docrob 13 Jan 2021 00:32:47 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    docrob wrote:
    Syrette wrote:

Without trying to spoil things too much - that mission dropped to 'low' for me too, but that didn't prevent me having to reload save points several times trying to get past a certain fight. Was playing on 'hard' fwiw, and focusing on hacking abilities.
    Yeah, I played through it once already, so I know what you mean. I started out playing on Hard, but had my arse handed to me in the first few missions and dropped it down to Normal. I could probably just about manage Hard now, though I don't know how much fun it would be.
  • docrob 13 Jan 2021 00:34:33 1,720 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I'm still battering through it, despite some of the glitchy idiosyncrasies grating a bit.

Doing a load of side jobs just now, after possibly pushing one side of the main missions a bit further than I intended.

Level 33ish and loving it overall though, I really can't stop playing it. I'm wfh just now and it urge to play it is quite large. When I do eventually get to play at about 10pm, I am generally finding it's 1am before I know it and i should have gone to bed ages ago.

Really enjoying some of the side quests, especially when they get really involved. Now into some quests in local politics and through that met a cop which also has some interesting quests too.

The world is still really enjoyable with amazing vistas everywhere. I look forward to seeing how it'll look once they finally get the next gen sparklies out there.
    Heh, I'm in a similar boat with this game, lots of late nights! I'm still loving the shit out of this, having been playing since launch and I don't feel at all fatigued with it despite my game clock now sitting on 133 hours played.

My V is almost at level 35 and has max 50 Street cred. I've got some high level hacking abilities now and have a fair few pieces of Legendary level equipment too, including crafted legendary items for the eye and shoe modules. My Widow Maker tech precision rifle is also upgraded to Legendary spec.

That political side quests you mention Vortex, plus River's NCPD quest line, were both really good. The political one gets properly sinister at the end, especially with what Johnny suggests might be going on. There was even something of an intentional/unintentional Easter egg when you meet Jefferson Peralez for the last time, whereby if you look over towards a balcony in the distance from where you sit down to talk to him, you can see a man standing on the balcony who is sort of looking in your general direction. If you zoom in using V's cyber eyes you can see this man has glowing blue eyes and both looks and is dressed very similar to the Illusive Man from the Mass Effect series!

I'm also really enjoying the 'gig' missions you can do for the various fixers, which usually involve extracting someone, or stealing info etc. There's been some interesting quests doing those, one of which I did a few evenings ago that involved stealing some cctv camera footage of some Maelstrom gang members for one of Regina's old cop friends, but which isn't all as it seems when (or if) you review the footage... I'll say no more, but that was pretty good and the outcome had quite a few options!
    Damn! I never looked at the footage.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.