Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjectRed and Mike Pondsmith - Sandbox Cyberpunk Page 134

• Vortex808 13 Jan 2021 08:02:30 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shit, i remember that quest. Not sure i did either!
    D'oh!
  • Vortex808 13 Jan 2021 08:03:56 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    @Vortex808

I know exactly who you're talking about Vortex, but I haven't actually talked to that guy since early in the game! Damn, I will take a trip there when I'm done with my current mission, I'm intrigued to know more!
    Your blue eyes bit might take on a new light. .
  • KnuttinAtoll 13 Jan 2021 11:04:12 8,633 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    docrob wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    The side quests are impressively deep aren't they - you're really missing out if you just stick to the main missions.

Made a point of doing a load of uncompleted ones at a, er, certain point.
    I’m doing that now - after failing to appreciate what the certain point was actually telling me.

Thing is, the threat level for that quest has now dropped to ‘low’. I’m guessing that if I do all the other side quests and gain some more levels, it will be utterly trivial when I do it again. (Not that I’m fussed about that, I’m going for the ‘good’ ending)
    Without trying to spoil things too much - that mission dropped to 'low' for me too, but that didn't prevent me having to reload save points several times trying to get past a certain fight. Was playing on 'hard' fwiw, and focusing on hacking abilities.
    Yeah, I played through it once already, so I know what you mean. I started out playing on Hard, but had my arse handed to me in the first few missions and dropped it down to Normal. I could probably just about manage Hard now, though I don't know how much fun it would be.
    In fairness, because I mostly relied on hacking to get through the rest of the game, those forced combat moments were more a struggle in my head than anything else. Running & gunning it worked pretty well despite my non-buff character, but I had to get to that stage first mentally - didn't have to drop the difficulty (although I considered it) and key was to use all and any tools at your disposal - in my case, various combat hacks and hiding behind scenery etc.

In other news, I played another solid 3-4 hours last night on my second playthrough. Maybe because I completed the game as female V, it does feel a bit odd now with the male V voice, and I think I prefer the female one. But basically approaching everything gung-ho now is quite refreshing, and I'm using the various different weapons more now.

The escape route from the Heist took less time, and I was able to sample a bit more the enemy AI, lobbing flashbangs and moving between different points of cover. Not completely genius, but not as dumb as the open map police AI either. Was fun to just shoot yourself out of the place.

I'm also trying to complete missions I missed last time (like Jackie's funeral), it's like playing a story DLC add-on, and I think I did miss quite a lot. There's still much mileage left in this, and I can't get enough of the sights and visuals the game offers. Top stuff.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 11:05:48 13-01-2021
  • davidfowles 13 Jan 2021 11:52:25 323 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Mr Blue Eyes makes an appearance in one of the endings, too. I reckon he’s going to be a Gaunter O’Dimm style DLC character who gets fleshed out more later.
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2021 12:01:58 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I think I have a bug. I've found a car out in the badlands that I'm supposed to find for Delamain but I can't enter it and nothing is triggering.

I thought it was a time of day thing so came back during the day but still nothing. After a quick google it seems it's definitely a thing. Hopefully it either opens up again or the Jan patch fixes it
  • Vortex808 13 Jan 2021 12:13:03 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shut it down and restart? That's fixed a few bugs for me.
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2021 12:15:34 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yeah I got ths issue last night. Tried again this morning after letting daytime roll around and still the same issue.

I remember going up the steps to have a beer with Panam and Delamain called. Unfortunately I missed the call because because I was hacking my lungs up.

I might reload back before that and see if it fixes it.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:29:02 13-01-2021
  • Vortex808 13 Jan 2021 12:16:13 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Go back an autosave? I have multiple saves going so i don't lose too much if anything goes wrong.

Only really had issues on one cyberpsycho where they wouldn't spawn. Reload fixed it. Delamain car stuff was all fine though.

i still feel bad for what i did to him later mind. The perils of not enough intelligence
  • muddyyfunster 13 Jan 2021 12:20:23 804 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How many have had their PSN refund? I'm still waiting for mine.
  • Rodderz 13 Jan 2021 13:55:20 4,393 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Rodderz wrote:
    @Vortex808

I know exactly who you're talking about Vortex, but I haven't actually talked to that guy since early in the game! Damn, I will take a trip there when I'm done with my current mission, I'm intrigued to know more!
    Your blue eyes bit might take on a new light. .
    I managed to talk to the conspiracy theory guy a couple more times and have given him some money too! I see he's talking about aliens and a mothership hovering over the city, some crazy shit! I don't think I've hit the milestone for progressing his mission just yet, but it's the last thing I did before calling it a night so I'll have another crack this evening.

I did a mission that I'd stumbled across called The Highwayman last night, which I think was somewhat bugged as it had no real quest markers, though it may have been by design but was too obtuse for me. I had a look at a guide eventually, only to see where to go, and managed to finish the quest in the end and I'm glad I did, as I got a sweet new motorbike as a reward! The bike is a Tyger Claws Arch model, which has a devil head at the front with headlights that glow through the eyes of the face and the tyres have glowing logos on them too. It's also a pretty fast bike, so not bad for a bit of legwork!
  • Rodderz 13 Jan 2021 14:00:08 4,393 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I think I have a bug. I've found a car out in the badlands that I'm supposed to find for Delamain but I can't enter it and nothing is triggering.

I thought it was a time of day thing so came back during the day but still nothing. After a quick google it seems it's definitely a thing. Hopefully it either opens up again or the Jan patch fixes it
    Is that the Delamaine taxi near the big trash heap? I think that one should ask you to sit in the back to have have a nice chat 😁. If you can afford to do so crash, I'd try reloading an earlier save to see if it fixes things, as those quests develop into an interesting story a bit later.
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2021 14:02:09 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I left it this morning on a gig where I have to find out whats taking out drones. I rolled up to a compound that was full of guys, turrets and cameras. I'm really going to try my best to stealth the shit out of it because it looks like it's going to be fun.
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2021 14:04:54 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:

Is that the Delamaine taxi near the big trash heap? I think that one should ask you to sit in the back to have have a nice chat 😁. If you can afford to do so crash, I'd try reloading an earlier save to see if it fixes things, as those quests develop into an interesting story a bit later.
    I'm still in the same area as I haven't done anything really while I wait till midnight.

I'm going to reload and lose about 10 mins worth of inventory cleanup and shard catch-up.
  • KRadiation 13 Jan 2021 15:10:28 1,694 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    Ha just popped into this thread thinking the same.
    Not a word about it on my end. I dont actually know of anyone that has.
  • Decks 13 Jan 2021 15:40:24 28,417 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got mine at the start of the month. No email or anything, they just credited my psn wallet.
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 15:42:03 14,596 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah check your wallet, mine just got dropped in as well with no other contact.
  • MacReadysChessWizard 13 Jan 2021 15:46:58 10 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    I got a £10.00 refund off Microsoft, which is, I assume a price-match refund or something as I pre-ordered back in September.

The refund referenced Cyberpunk, but no other details.
  • b-rk 13 Jan 2021 16:17:40 1,629 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    got my refund a few days ago. put the psn funds towards spider-man deluxe edition (whatever). thanks, sony!
  • Vortex808 13 Jan 2021 16:48:40 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I left it this morning on a gig where I have to find out whats taking out drones. I rolled up to a compound that was full of guys, turrets and cameras. I'm really going to try my best to stealth the shit out of it because it looks like it's going to be fun.
    I tried that one, but it got messy by the end. As they often do :-)

I can do thievery ones when i opt to ghost in and out quickly, but my liking for looting the shit out of EVERYTHING does make other missions more difficult. ANd it helps mix it up.

Rodderz, It'll take a few more visits and chats/money. He starts bangnin on about blue eyes, and his quest is quite short, but should be of interest.

I'm especially interested to see where it'll all go, after davidfowles said something up above too.
  • Vortex808 13 Jan 2021 16:51:46 14,573 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think I'm going to meet up with Takamura for his second mission tonight, I should probably kick the main stuff along a bit more at level 35.

I did go further than I planned down the other line first by mistake, so have been dragging my heels for a bit to enjoy the side quests.
  • SiroccoJetProp 13 Jan 2021 18:43:22 351 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just finished the game.

Thought it was excellent. In 84 hours I've had a couple of crashes and no real bugs to speak of. Played on Series X in quality mode.

Really hoping there is some substantial DLC at some point.

One of the best RPGs I've played in the last decade
  • muddyyfunster 13 Jan 2021 19:02:51 804 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    KRadiation wrote:
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    got my refund a few days ago. put the psn funds towards spider-man deluxe edition (whatever). thanks, sony!
    Thanks for replying, I would really appreciate it if Sony could do it before the winter sale ends. Quite fancy picking up Kentucky Route Zero but am loathed to add more credit to my account when I've got £50 (sort of) that'll need spending.
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jan 2021 20:20:18 6,944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    So I've reloaded an earlier save and travelled to the location again. When I'm close by I get a call from D but Im unable to answer it. I think this is the source of the issue

I don't fancy going back any further as it'll be before meeting Panam
  • breedob 13 Jan 2021 21:56:13 678 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PS5/XSX update not until second half of 2021 :(
  • oldskooldeano 13 Jan 2021 23:30:58 3,285 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Pretty honest vid from CD Projekt. Bound to be a front page story tomorrow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3V4UBZmC9o
  • DakeyrasUK 13 Jan 2021 23:32:34 4,815 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Already on the front page! (Been there for an hour or so).

Edited by DakeyrasUK at 23:33:27 13-01-2021
  • Bichii 13 Jan 2021 23:44:36 4,214 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It was maybe my goty. I didn't really care too much about all the bugs but the frame rate was and is still appalling on PS4, I've never played anything on ps4 that has such bas performance. Pretty impressive to manage to still get me to love it regardless of the 20fps.
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 23:58:16 14,596 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The refusal to acknowledge it was totally wrong to withhold review code on PS4/XB1 reminds me a lot of Hancock's school meals squirming and deflecting earlier. Yeah right you didn't know it was going to be a sack of shit on launch you chancer.

Edited by SolidSCB at 23:58:34 13-01-2021

Edited by SolidSCB at 23:58:52 13-01-2021
  • Rogueywon 14 Jan 2021 08:27:58 10,695 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I seem to have been hitting more bugs over my last few sessions, several of them requiring me to restart missions. Wondering now whether my first 20 or so mostly bug-free hours were coincidence, or whether this is some artifact of save-size.

When the game works, it's still fantastic, but my god it breaks a lot.
  • mothercruncher 14 Jan 2021 09:00:55 18,715 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    Pretty honest vid from CD Projekt. Bound to be a front page story tomorrow.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3V4UBZmC9o
    “We honestly tested but didn’t see the bugs”,”we thought the day 1 patch would be able to fix everything”, etc, it’s just more bullshit.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.