Following Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjectRed and Mike Pondsmith - Sandbox Cyberpunk Page 153

Next Last
  • JoeBlade 6 Apr 2021 22:29:54 6,005 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    CDPR put a lot of effort into polishing (fnar) the Witcher games. I would be very surprised if they didn't do as much for this game, regardless of the public shit storm it has caused.
  • Rogueywon 6 Apr 2021 23:32:50 11,357 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    alt-cmd-esc wrote:
    Yeah, itís No Manís Sky territory. Hopefully they can do as well at redeeming things.
    Not sure about this. I played it through on PC and saw a number of the non-showstopper bugs... and it was a fucking amazing game. NMS's problem at launch was that it lacked a lot of the features that had been promised/hinted at and was boring. Cyberpunk's problem is that it is buggy and performs badly on most console hardware.

I don't think it's ever going to be a GTA. I'm not sure fixing the police stuff should even be a priority. In GTA, getting a wanted rating is something you need to do from time to time in the course of normal game progreession. Quite a lot of story missions demand it. In Cyberpunk, there's not one main mission or side mission that requires it. A wanted rating is a punishment for failure. The only times I got one were after a pedestrian was rude enough to be on the pavement when I wanted to skip some traffic lights, or when I caused some accidental collateral damage while fighting bad guys.

Marketing the game as a GTA-like was a mistake, for sure, but there's an amazing game in there if you play it on the right platform, can ignore some mostly-cosmetic bugs (plus the odd sidequest needing a restart) and aren't wanting it to be GTA.

I admit that's a lot of ifs.
  • Your-Mother 7 Apr 2021 00:01:01 7,276 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tons of stuff was promised/hinted at for Cyberpunk that didn't make it into the finished game. That's in fact my chief complaint about it, that regardless of the quality of the final product, it's worlds away from what it was originally supposed to be even beyond "this isn't GTA", especially for someone who was a fan of the original TTRPG.

Edited by Your-Mother at 00:02:12 07-04-2021
  • alt-cmd-esc 7 Apr 2021 10:10:26 658 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's not so much the GTA style shenanigans with the police stuff, but rather the fact that it is so immersion-breaking. I've really enjoyed the game, mainly because I have found it so immersive when it is all good, so the design choices that pull me out of the immersion are more jarring as a result. Still very much enjoy the game, though (playing on PC)
  • Bichii 8 Apr 2021 10:25:21 4,464 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Somehow while trying to fix the last gen versions they have fucked the series X version. There is definitely now way more pop in and less vehicles on the roads!! Wtf the performance was perfect 30 or 60 before 1.2 so all they've done is make it look worse with no benefit.
  • Psiloc 8 Apr 2021 10:27:03 6,125 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Strongly suspect they're prioritising PlayStation at the moment to get Sony to put it back on the store.
  • ChiefGB 8 Apr 2021 10:35:37 13,611 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As has been mentioned before, itís diminishing returns at this point, I doubted they could improve much without paring back. This as I feared looks to be effecting the bc as well.
    Theyíll really have to draw a line under the sand at some point soon. Tinkering yes, but without a full rewrite I canít see what else they can do, theyíve already stripped back the streaming etc and the ghost town feeling sounds to be getting even worse.
    Letís hope theyíve got their act together for the current gen version but I donít really know how theyíll be going about that.
  • mothercruncher 8 Apr 2021 12:00:46 19,126 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Itís so bad that drawing a line in the sand isnít enough, theyíve got to draw one under it 😉
  • SolidSCB 8 Apr 2021 12:11:08 15,307 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They actually already did draw a line in the sand, you just did a 360 and it disappeared.
  • creepiest-lizard 14 Apr 2021 14:52:08 2,301 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another 25gb update downloading on my Pro. I wonder if it will make it playable..
  • JoeBlade 14 Apr 2021 16:36:00 6,005 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Just wait for revan's feedback once she's played through all of it again with this patch. She should get back to us by tomorrow around noon at latest.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.