The Bard's Tale 1-3 added to modern game on Steam!

• Machetazo 20 Oct 2012 16:21:56 6,372 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    To celebrate their 10 year anniversary InXile Entertainment is offering 75 % off Bard's Tale and Choplifter HD!*

They also updated Bard's Tale today to include Episodes 1, 2, and 3!
    I used to love playing The Bard's Tale 3, on one of my first computers, and I was also interested to see what the first two parts were like, so this is super news! The "bundle" is currently being sold for 1.74, until Monday.
  • Knighty 20 Oct 2012 19:00:55 1,066 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I had all the old bards tales games, sure I still do somewhere, plus the 'construction kit'. Only ever played the first one, had a pretty solid party after being really careful to save my game on a separate floppy disc(!) every time I saved. Then couldn't make it through a dungeon due to it having bullshit 'Walls that look like Walls that aren't really there' or bullshit random teleport points. I can't remember which.

Still good to see a game updated in such a nice fashion though.
  • onestepfromlost 20 Oct 2012 19:03:18 2,699 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    yeah i think it was a randomly changing maze that changed every step you made. IIRC
  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 19:33:06
    Good deal, but shame the new(ish) game is so godawful.

The same applies for the tablet version, by the way - it's worth paying for just to get original Bard Tales on the go.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.